11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 5:33 AM by deadestllama RSS

Some things I have noticed lately. Feel free to flame me for it...

MUPHinATHONG

So, lately, I have been noticing that there are a lot more idiots running around in domination than normal. Every game I played tonight had at least 2 out of the 6 on my team, and 3 or 4 out of the 6 on the other team completely ignoring objectives to rack up killstreaks. When will people learn that objective game modes are meant to play the objective. If you wanna post high k/d games, play TDM or FFA. Until then, going 44-7 in domination and losing proves that you can abuse the point of an objective game, and you're not good.

Second, has anyone else been having problems alot with insta-deaths? About 70% of my matches tonight I felt at a complete disadvantage. I was dying as soon as I came into contact with an enemy. I wouldn't even have enough time to ADS or fire off a couple bullets. Or when I did have time to fire off a couple bullets, I would die in the blink of an eye. (70% may be a little dramatic, but I really felt like I was continuously at a disadvantage the entire night.)

Lastly, there has been an extreme amount of support KS spam. I was playing a game of Domination earlier, and I swear we were EMP'd the whole game. This, combined with a constant UAV, CUAV, and stealth bomber spam. I'm all for helping out the team in terms of the support KS's, but seriously... if everyone on the enemy team is running a combination of UAV's, CUAV's, Stealth Bombers, and EMP's, it is nearly impossible to win. And then people wonder why everyone is equipping Assassin.. Stop spamming, and people won't abuse Assassin..

Not intended to be a rant, but it may sound like one. So... /rant

• Re: Some things I have noticed lately. Feel free to flame me for it...

could of had something to do with the dxp being on i found the same thing over the weekend people not bothering with the objective and just going for kills .

MUPHinATHONG

I could kind of understand that, but you get more points for playing the objective anyway.. Usually in a game where the enemy team is showing no interest in the objective and just getting kills, I finish with a higher score and 10-15 less kills.. Also, double XP ended earlier today.

i know i just dont understand when the match starts (dom) people just run past the first flag it is an easy 150 to get you started . they seam to head for b and end up getting killed . then you get the one guy that runs past a and b going for c and flips the spawn . thats what i have found .

MUPHinATHONG

Exactly. It's hard to find people that actually play domination anymore. If you do find someone, it's the level 15 that just started. I will admit that I am sometimes the guy running for B at the beginning of the game, but that is usually after a couple of games in which I know how the people I'm playing with play. If I am on a team and I know that not many of them like capturing objectives in the fear that they will lose their killstreak, I will try and capture B while 1 or 2 capture A or C. However, I'm usually the only one at B after my teammates capture A or C and the enemy team sends over 1-3 and I'm screwed and the rest of the game is just frustrating. I can understand if you have 2 objectives and you're trying to build up some killstreaks, but if you're only holding 1 and you're not going for an objective, just get out. No one wants you in the game.

Yeah same thing here I stopped playing objective based game modes unless I 1. Have a full squad and 2. lately only durning clan ops. But your right there we're a log of people this weekend just running off for kills rather then to get the objectives what's the point other then the double xp for the last ten days or so it seems.

Eqvvs

I believe its the clan ops that made a huge problem with domination and I have to admitt I am one of the guilty parties in this as the operation is based on caps. Perhaps if they altered the way in which the ops were scored to something like defenses or time held then people would go back to playing the mode in the way it was intended but while its based on caps everyone will cap and leg it to the next as you want to lose it so you can re captured it

To your people not playing the objective more than normal, that speaks of the community more than anything, and how crappy it has become, getting worse each cod it seems. CoD is dead, and is no longer for their diehard fans but for the casual gamer only. This is reflected in the gameplay we see everyday.

To you connections, as Ive said many times, it seems with every "update" my experience in this game gets worse connection wise. Supposedly they have addressed some issues in the 6/19 patch, but as always, Im not holding my breath for this one. I experience the insta death thing probably 6/10 matches everytime I play this game. Im a pretty decent player, and I know when Im getting cheated by the game because Im so far behind of all the other players, but I can also tell when Im on the other side of the lag comp, and at times am nearly untouchable. I just back out of the bad matches where Im "slow" until I find a good one.