31 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 12:52 PM by obzi RSS

Very surprised that I love these new maps...

When I heard about this content drop disappointment set in, now that I've played them they are actually very good and way better than the first 4 they came out with, anyone else feel this way after giving them a bash?

• Re: Very surprised that I love these new maps...

Yeah I always love the new content for the first 5 minutes to then never play it again.

bizzarclown

I fell in love with that one map, Lockdown and Interchanges awesomely mutated baby. I forgot the name.

cira

Yeah I have had a lil bash on them and I liked them I haven't played Vortex yet but it looks pretty similar to Lookout but green and with dead cows EVERYWHERE!

Starting to wonder if all these folks complaining have even tried them out yet?

cira

Doubtful

I don't have to try them to complain about them. I didn't pay $50 for 50% of the Elite maps to ONLY be available in 10% of the playlists. I paid for maps that I've always paid for -- maps that are available in ALL gametypes. I never liked 4v4 team tac, why would I like 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3? I don't. I tried the 1st batch & they were horrible -- nothing but spawn camping & boosting.

--

As for these new maps being good, well just remember, most people can't get on them yet.

--

The bottom line is, had I known in November 1/2 the maps would be something I had no interest in, I would've never bought Elite... I don't think many people would've. That's why we're complaining.

colonelboston wrote:

I don't have to try them to complain about them. I didn't pay $50 for 50% of the Elite maps to ONLY be available in 10% of the playlists. I paid for maps that I've always paid for -- maps that are available in ALL gametypes. I never liked 4v4 team tac, why would I like 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3? I don't. I tried the 1st batch & they were horrible -- nothing but spawn camping & boosting.

--

As for these new maps being good, well just remember, most people can't get on them yet.

--

The bottom line is, had I known in November 1/2 the maps would be something I had no interest in, I would've never bought Elite... I don't think many people would've. That's why we're complaining.

Your complaining about a product (ELITE) from a guy (BOBBY COTICK) who sells normal water with sugar for a premium price (coca cola) for a living ? Lol.

But were still getting 12 full maps, these are just a bonus and a good one at that, give them a try and you'll see what I mean.

I'll complain... Where is the HC face off. I only play HC so I get nothing from the dlc.

nicedrewishfela

You mean... people overreacted before actually playing them? That hardly ever <always> happens around here!

ValleyYeti

unfortunately i am at work and haven't had the pleasure of checking out the new maps but i just watched some early gameplay vids on youtube and Vortex looks like an AMAZING map!  U-turn looks pretty cool and intersection is awesome, too.  i am a little disappointed in the lack of MP maps but i applaud IW on the look of the new faceoff maps.  they look much better than lookout and getaway.  the erosion and aground maps are great maps but these new ones blow even them out of the water, i think.

people just want to complain about whatever they can.  we will end up getting 12 new MP maps and all of these faceoff maps seems like a bonus to me.

Yeti

nicedrewishfela

Craig, just played them myself, first time on MW3 in a few weeks (Man my aim has never been great but it was terrible that first match in lol), and I have to say I quite liked the new maps myself.

Intersection- LOVE this map. To me its what Downturn could have been. A battle in the streets of NYC. It looks and feels like a typical NYC street corner. It has some verticality, some wide open spaces, and even the inside areas don't feel cramped or corner-camper friendly.  I like that they made some areas accessible only through smashing glass, a way to give away position and keep the match moving. Its large for a FaceOff map, but doesn't play as a large map. Because of all the glass and open areas, its not too hard to spot the enemy and leads to some great gun battles.

Vortex- I need to play this one more, but I love the Motif. Its got a real gritty feel, and has a combination of wide open spaces and CQB areas. I am a little wary of the cornfields and bushes as I am sure some Dark Corner McDougals are going to make use of them, but the sightlines are pretty good. The way its laid out too makes for some interesting game play. I would spot the enemy across the map and go after them, but would misjudge where they were headed. I would think they were up the hill, but would in fact be down low, and vice versa. One thing they could have done was incorporate the bad weather more. The lightning effect is very cool, but the sound of the storm seems somewhat reserved. Would have been cool to have the storm peak during the match at some point, intensifying the sounds and rendering sound whoring/sit rep pro ineffective for a while. They could have even had the storm pass through the map at some point, lowering visibility and hindering movement. All in all a very cool looking map.

U-Turn- My least favorite of the three so far. Only played a few matches on it, but it just didn't play well for me. I think I need more time on this map before deciding if I like it or not. Its got a lot of routes, but they all seem to allow for a lot of visibility. Good news on this one is not a lot of long sightlines for snipers, allowing us to move around the map. Will reserve judgement on this one and play it some more.

I really enjoyed Face Off when it came out, but there are some factors now that just bug me. Number one is Sit Rep Pro. It completely renders Dead Silence useless. I wouldn't mind so much, but its weird to me that I have silent footsteps (supposedly), and yet their footsteps don't seem to resonate all that much. I watch kill cams and I sound like a herd of buffalo, but while even with my headsets I can occasionally hear them coming, its nothing compared to the advantage in sound volume they seem to have. I am forced to remain still and wait for them, a strategy I find boring and quite mind-numbing. I think maybe that is why I wasn't crazy about U-Turn. Every time I played it I got an opponent who stood in one spot, listened for my footsteps, and just ran in my direction.

Also still not crazy about the Core dynamics of FaceOff.  I get the drop on an enemy, get hitmarkers, only to have them Halo Jump or glitch out of the kill and keep charging at me like a Rhino as if my bullets were gnats. I know part of it is me, of course, and my less than stellar aim at times, but when I put a clip into an enemy's back only to have them suddenly warp to another spot blazing away, well thats just silliness.

The maps are quite good, though I am curious about having to re-download all the DLC to date. What was that all about?

im just gonna go ahead and say it, ive played the new maps and i like them, but ive already experienced the boosters and campers on them.

(t-_-t) to you iw.

maccabi

played them hated them deleted them

as wih all the other face off maps well actually these ones are worse.. predicatble spawns, clutter, stupid flow design and you can basicaly sit in one spot and kill anyone who spawns.

wolverinecm71

All 3 are plenty big enough for 6v6.? i just dont get it........aswell as the core only WTF?

lil_lisa_w

Maccabi ******** like a 12 year-old school girl. unsurprising to say the least

starbuckfrack

I like the Tornado map, especially with the moving fences and stuff.

These ones are set up pretty nice. But if you spawn from that corner constantly behind the truck the that sucks. Lot of bans going to happen cause of that.

Too bad I still suck at Face Off