1 2 3 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2012 8:35 AM by Phixated RSS

Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?

Phixated

Why even bother wearing dead silence if people can hear you with Sit Rep Pro. If I wear Assassin, am I visible on a UAV, radar, or sensor? No. If I use Blind Eye, am I vunlerable to Kill Streaks? No. If I wear Dead Silence, am I able to be heard? Yes.

I don't understand how one perk trumps another perk. No other perks in the game do this directly. It's gettin ridiculous how many people have started using that park because it makes Dead Silence obsolete.

I would just like to know why IW patched Sit Rep Pro to override another perk?

• 1. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?
    JerryEveryday

Recon is the counter to Assassin.

• 2. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?

Since you love to chase red dots on the map. (Pac Man)

Counter for Assasin:

- Recon

- Recon Pro (Paintball)

- Recon Drone

- Sit Rep Pro

- Skill

- And my favorite YOUR EYES!

• 3. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?
    MrMill95

I agree that every perk needs some sort of a counter, but the difference is Recon does not directly affect the effects of Assassin.

I believe no two perks should counter each other directly, as both these perks become obsolete, such as Stopping Power and Juggernaut.

Basically, all perks should work as described all the time, but ways to kill people using these perks should be provided.

• 4. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?

What's a reacon?

• 5. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?
    that6uy420

srp makes dead silence footsteps the same as friendly footsteps... 1x volume

all other footsteps are 4x volume. 

• 6. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?
    Phixated

I've always found the recon drone to be a bit annoying. I think that if the Recon Drone is destroyed then the enemies should no longer be painted on the radar (similar to a portable radar).

I seemed to have jump to conclusions about the whole trumping perks thing. Dead Silence Pro counters Recon to a certain extent and Dead Silence was previously the counter to Sit Rep Pro. I guess it's time for Sit Rep to have its time in the limelight. Time to bring out the EMP grenades and earn that pro perk.

• 7. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?
    that6uy420

emp nades are just fun anyway...  got plenty of kills with it just by dropping it near enemy betties and whatnot.  I wish they would give you more than one per life though.

• 8. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?
    zero7272

that6uy420 wrote:

srp makes dead silence footsteps the same as friendly footsteps... 1x volume

all other footsteps are 4x volume.

Bro it might not seem like a significant difference to certain people but dedicated players are at a loss with this stupidity, try playing a game of search and destroy and see how far you get because your foot steps are just as loud as the enemy or at normal vol. SnD is a game of stealth and surpise attacks, that makes the game intresting gets the adrinaline pumping at times, but now it just does not work that way, you may know someone is around the cornor tru your instincts but because he has the ANTI DS perk there is no way you will be able to get to that person, your only real option is get him or her from a distance or spawn snipe and hope that the last guy standing doesnt use SRP. ItDoes determin the out come of the game now by defualt. SRP will concor DS when it come down to the wire.

• 9. Re: Sit Rep Pro > Dead Silence Pro? WTF?

Actually even with Dead Silence on, you can still be heard, and if the other player uses a powerful headset on a silent side of a map, your movement is very audible.

With sitrep pro, if a player has a headset, dead silence is dead meat. You can hear the sounds a good distance away.

The annoying part is the sitrep pro players would just stand or crouch idle, listen and surprise you (seen a lot of replays like this). The worst part are the campers ofcourse, or camp from one spot to the next. Some maps don't have a lot of pathways so they can easily trap any movement from any direction.

1 2 3 Previous Next