15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 3:20 PM by maccabi RSS

Stop buffing guns

superbob

nerf the good ones. CoD needs some sort of skill element and if every gun is laser accurate the winner of gun fights is going to be decided by who gets a headshot multiplier before the other person. Make the accurate overpowered guns harder to control so players who know how to actually aim can strive while noobs who have trouble hitting people with an ACR will go terribly negative just as they deserve.

• Re: Stop buffing guns
    CowboySr

or, they could just stop messing with all of them and let the best gun and shooter using it win, like the mp40 in WAW.

superbob

The best shooter using it doesn't win. I can't even count how many times I've gotten the first shot and that caused them to flinch into my head and kill me faster than I could.

CowboySr

I hate when that happens, its really stupid. But your arguing a different point now. Im just stating that the guns are supposed to be different. They are in real life. Its just a game. Use whatever gun allows you to kill people the best on each map, and dont worry about the rest.

superbob

They can still be different, balanced, and all skillful to use though. I thought the dragunov pre buff was what a semi auto snipers should be, but they buffed it to make it in line with the RSASS which is too easy to use for a semi auto sniper rifle.

CowboySr

What does balanced mean, the same as the others? Let the best guns win, and learn to use them. Who gives a rats azz if you want your M16 to be as good as a type95 cause you like the way it looks or want to unlock a title for it. Use the type 95 to the best of your ability. Forget the m16. Its had its day in other cods. Im sure it will in future ones. Stop make them messing with this stuff.

yovlud

In reply to your statement, why does the game have 30 weapons if only 4-5 are worth using...I wish there was a playlist that made everyone use the same loadout...that would really separate the talent in the game...

CoD4 - Who used the M14?

WAW - Who used the BAR, M1 Garand?

MW2 - Who used the F2000?

BO - Who used the M14, FAL, Uzi?

MW3 - Who uses the M16, PM-9, Dragunov?

Why are these and other useless guns in the game if they are drastically outclassed and worthless to use?

CowboySr

So wouldnt you agree that while the way MW3 may not depict an accurate translation to game of what the guns may do in real life, it is probably a fact that guns in real life do perform very differently and that going into a virtual or real firefight, youd want to use want gives you the fastest kill?  The concept is really no different.

If they all performed the same, why not just have one gun for each class then.

The reason they are in the game, is that there is a certain % of the population that likes to be able to say they were able to accomplish something with a gun noone else would try.

For the record, Ive spent a lot of time looking at other peoples K/Ds with guns and its amazing how different we all are from each other.

maccabi

yovlud wrote:

CoD4 - Who used the M14?   erm i did

WAW - Who used the BAR, M1 Garand? garand yes again i did

MW2 - Who used the F2000? first gun i got gold skulls on

BO - Who used the M14, FAL, Uzi? yep, yep and obviously yep

MW3 - Who uses the M16, PM-9, Dragunov? none of them i use model87s all the time now

Why are these and other useless guns in the game if they are drastically outclassed and worthless to use?

They should buff the worst like shotguns right now. But I do think with the SMGs they should bring down the OP half down to the others instead of the other way around.

trialstardragon

This game is not about skill and learning curves and skill gaps anymore, learn to accept that. It will probably never return to that either.

Or instead of nerfing the guns they can just buff the weaker guns or they can just leave them alone and fix the mechanics of the game instead listening to players like you.

Or instead of nerfing the guns they can just buff the weaker guns or they can just leave them alone and fix the mechanics of the game instead listening to players like you.

The thing is there are some really good guns, alot of average guns, and some really bad ones.  In mw3 its pretty easy to use those average guns against the good guns.  So if you just make the few bad guns as usefull as the average guns you get a lot more usefull options without having to rebalance the good guns and the bad guns.