21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 5:33 AM by IHerpIMyIDerp RSS

Whats wrong with hardscoping?

Failhazard

I am new to sniping (only at it a week) and I get s*** for hardscoping. But seriously, who zooms out before the enemy is dead? Are you retarded? I don't know how many quick scopers I took out because they had to zoom back in because they missed the first shot. Quick scoping doesn't seem like a smart way to play.

• Re: Whats wrong with hardscoping?

Nothing is wrong with sniping...

KTPhoenix

because its not ix1337XPrOqUiKsCoPeZxi. they are retarded. ever since IW catered to the minority on QS, more and more people think that the rifle should only be used for that. and they get mad whenever someone uses the rifle the way it was originally used because you got kills with it ADS and they couldnt do that QS.

i had a match on Mission where i used the RSASS with variable zoom and marksman pro. i went 18-1 and the QS on their team went severely negative. then he gave me a bunch of sh*t because i was "hardscoping" the whole time. i just said "yea and who got more kills and went positive?" after that he cussed me out and left.

sorry but i would rather snipe and go positive a majority of the time than QS and go negative all the time.

phxs72

It's the only way I snipe but I've never practiced QS long enough to get good at it. But it's like everything else, if your opponent doesn't have an answer for what you are doing, they are going to complain. I had a match the other night where a guy was sniping me across the map. He was good at it and got several kills in on me until I switched to my MP7 so that I could run and kill him without giving up my ability to shoot realiably at a distance. I owned him after that and of course he was raging in the lobby. Bottom line is I play to win. If someone's ego gets hurt because they can't handle what I'm doing then that's just to bad for them. They can work it out with their therapist and I can use the mute button so that I don't have to listen to their crying.

I play alot of shooters, but I always play run and gun. Front line. I would like to know more about sniping? What gun should I use? what scope? I will try some out myself soon, cause its something new to do and it seems to be what faceoff is all about. I usually do horribly with a sniper. I need to practice. I want to practice with the best loadout. I could search this out. I know that. I'm being lazy right now. lol

CowboySr

its too hard for the Qscopers

Sebsson94

Its nothing wrong with hardscoping. The sniper is made for hardscoping, But its more exiting to qs

W7PSK

First off its not hardscoping.  ITS SNIPING

you know, kind of the way the real snipers do it.

Hardscoping is what the CheapScopers call it because

its too hard for them.

This is proved by the fact that quickscopers gave sniping the name of HARDscoping xD

But in honesty, I don't think people quickscope because real sniping is too hard, I think they do it because they find sniping boring or are too immature to have enough patience to do it.

I agree that a weapon that easily gets one hit kills instantly at any distance is cheap, but branding people 'cheapscopers' kinda makes us as immature as them? People that look for the easy way out or the shortcut will always exist, so rise above it and ignore them

IHerpIMyIDerp

There isn't anything wrong with it. You will get a lot of people say "Pfft hardscope, what a noob" especially in S&D, its usually just because they are mad that you killed them. But I think the real noobs are the ones that try to QS for the kill cam, end up missing and being killed loosing the round and or the match.

They call it "hardscoping".  The rest of the universe calls it "aiming".

When you don't have to aim, I guess it does seem foreign and thus subject to ridicule.

lil_lisa_w

nothing is wrong with Hard-scoping thats how real Marines use a sniper rifle.

I never seen a real marine do a 360 no-scope on a enemy 500 feet away.

I'll keep hard-scoping while the idiot quickscopers miss me 5 times and i hit them the first time lol

stonculd

I have always thought of hardscoping as someone who is in a camp type position and hardscopes a doorway or a chokepoint with an assault rifle, grenade/rocket launcher or an SMG not someone sniping. I don't do it because it gives you tunnel vision and your situational awareness drops drastically. It seems you have a better chance of seeing targets if you are not scoped in to me but your reaction time goes down if you are not scoped in.  I wouldn't complain about it because if someone does it they are at a big disadvantage and can usually be easily flanked. It can be annnoying to  have a huge piece of a map inaccesable because of a couple of good snipers (Mission comes to mind), but that's the game and if they can lock down an area and get kills more power to em.

Dude, theres nothing wrong with any of the ways you choose to kill someone. Its all ridiculous complaining over the dumbest sh*t, haha. Most people hate quickscoping, but then a lot of people hate "hardscoping" (which doesnt even make sense). Based on these complaints, theres apparently no acceptable way to snipe in the game.

The only thing wrong with "Hardscoping" is the name "Hardscoping"...

It was invented by Glitchscopers to demean legit Snipers...

I was sniping in lockdown, some quickscoper kept on failing, literally got my pavelow off of him, he sends me a message calling me a hard-scoper like if I was supposed to be offended.

trialstardragon

Those QS'ers hate that you make them look bad by using it the right way and getting kills. They think it is cool to QS and that it makes them cool if they can do it too, when really it just makes them a tool and a fool.

IHerpIMyIDerp

Lol, hardscoping with an SMG I get no scopes with the PP90M1 all day! Lmao