1 2 3 Previous Next 84 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 7:08 PM by anahum RSS

What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.

kemicalsupreme

Please do away with large kill streaks.  This single handily has people not playing the objective.  They want to camp for kill streaks. 

 

Please do away with the K/D being viewed in the game.  Noone cares and it promotes camping.  The only stat we should see is W/L.  That is the only stat that matters to most of us old timers who enjoy objective games.

 

Please get rid of noobtubes, rockets, anything that takes absolutely no skill to use in HC modes.

 

Please get rid of maytardom, last stand, dead mans hand, etc.....  You developers cannot get the timing right on people who fall into last stand.  Sometimes they die and sometimes they kill you while you are still loading into them.  Almost invincible for a split second.  People use this skill to be annoying.

 

All in all,

 

I truely believe high kill streaks have ruined this game and objective game types.  To the point that most people who lose actually think they won/are better than you because they have a better K/D while camping.

 

Bring back balance and weapon play like COD2 and COD4, and WAW.

 

WAW is my fave out of all of them.

  • 1. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.
    jeepchick

    I get objectives to get my killstreaks.

     

    I do agree that K/D isn't as important to show as Objectives Obtained for Objective based matches.

     

    Death streaks are useful for certain situations and game modes, but I can see why you say they're annoying.

     

    I miss COD2 - Point and Shoot gameplay, but there is something so satisfying about calling in an airstrike or getting the killcam with napalm. I'd hate to see killstreaks completely removed from the game.

     

    - Claire JeepChick

    COD Vet: COD, CODBR1, COD2, COD4, WaW, Mw2, Black Ops, MW3

  • 2. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.
    kemicalsupreme

    Then they need to improve on last stand and the last second invincibility while you are clearly shooting them only to die because they didnt.  

     

    Kill streaks have ruined game play.  MW2 was littered by people who camped for nukes. BOPS was actually kinda fun because all of the streaks were mostly support related.

     

    MW3 is now spammed with UAVs and support classes.

     

    Just bring back 3,5,7 kill streaks.

     

    Have a seperate game mode for it.

  • 3. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.
    kemicalsupreme

    Also,

     

    Please increase UAV streak to 5 kills in Support classes.  There is no reason to have 3 kills and UAV spams each game.  You cant even play the game without using assisan. 

  • 4. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.

    jeepchick wrote:

     

    I get objectives to get my killstreaks.

     

    I do agree that K/D isn't as important to show as Objectives Obtained for Objective based matches.

     

    Death streaks are useful for certain situations and game modes, but I can see why you say they're annoying.

     

     

     

    Deathstreaks have no place in the game. Players should not be rewarded for sucking. If there are deathstreaks in Black Ops 2, then I can say for sure that I will not be buying it.

     

     

    jeepchick wrote:

     

     

    I'd hate to see killstreaks completely removed from the game.

     

    - Claire JeepChick

    COD Vet: COD, CODBR1, COD2, COD4, WaW, Mw2, Black Ops, MW3

     

    I think that killstreaks should return to 3, 5 and 7 killstreaks only. However, have different options for the 3, 5, and 7 killstreaks.

     

    Edit: Have played all the Call of Duty games and Cod4 and World at War are my favorite.

  • 5. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.
    kemicalsupreme

    What options do you talk of?  UAV, Air Strike, Helicopter worked just fine 

  • 6. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.

    I just want no recon drone I hate been lit up by a guy who died 8 times in a row. Then lights me up 1 kill before a pavelow. No death streaks why should I kill someone go to get there tag to be blown up by a grenade lol or shotgunned in last stand. If a death streak must stay let them drop a bouncing Betty so it's easier to dodge. THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM. Kill streak points SHOULD ONLY be gained for doing objectives NOT SHOOTING down air support. It seems everything is shot down instantly because even people with blind eye on are shooting them down towards there kill streak. All air kill streaks are not worth using at the moment. Im lucky to get 1 kill with the attack chopper these days so the point reward has ruined air support.

  • 7. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.

    True I forgot to say that lol macke it a choice of uav or care package. Because uav's are a joke lol far too easy to get

  • 8. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.

    kemicalsupreme wrote:

     

    Please do away with large kill streaks.  This single handily has people not playing the objective.  They want to camp for kill streaks. 

     

     

     

    I don't have a problem with camping in objective gamemodes such as domination, search and destroy. After all the purpose is to defend the objective/s, not just run off after you take it.

     

    Camping is a legit strategy even in non objective gamemodes.

     

     

    kemicalsupreme wrote:

     

     

    Please do away with the K/D being viewed in the game.  Noone cares and it promotes camping.  The only stat we should see is W/L.  That is the only stat that matters to most of us old timers who enjoy objective games.

     

    I agree. K/d does not matter. This one kid thought he was good in domination because he had a high h/d ratio. When I told him that k/d doesn't matter and the objectives do it sounded like he was going to cry

     

    People really need to learn how to play the objectives.

     

     

    kemicalsupreme wrote:

     

     

     

    Please get rid of noobtubes, rockets, anything that takes absolutely no skill to use in HC modes.

     

     

     

    I agree 110%.  Noobtubes should be disabled in hardcore gamemodes. They should not be secondary weapons or primary weapons. The only secondary weapon should be a pistol. No stupid machine pistols, I don't care how weak they (the machine pistols) are, they should not be secondaries.

     

     

    kemicalsupreme wrote:

     

     

     

    Please get rid of maytardom, last stand, dead mans hand, etc.....  You developers cannot get the timing right on people who fall into last stand.  Sometimes they die and sometimes they kill you while you are still loading into them.  Almost invincible for a split second. 

     

    I agree. nOOb players should not be reward for sucking at the game.

     

     

    kemicalsupreme wrote:

     

     

     

    WAW is my fave out of all of them.

    WaW was a pretty fun game.
    ____________________________

     

    Regarding claymores: I think players should have 2 claymores again, not one. Well, at least sniper should have 2 claymores.

     

    Get rid of any stalker pro like perks and make bomb squad the only counter to explosives, like it used to be. I am tired of people thinking that they can just go run around the map carelessly without getting blown up or having any consequences.

  • 9. Re: What vet's like myself from COD2, COD4, and WAW want.

    kemicalsupreme wrote:

     

    What options do you talk of?  UAV, Air Strike, Helicopter worked just fine 

     

    That would be perfect actually.

1 2 3 Previous Next