29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 7:27 PM by vims1990 RSS

How many guns are in your active rotation

ghamorra

As of right now I'm switching between 6 different weapons that I'm actively using. I find the more I use them the more I'm adapting to how they perform in various combat situations. For instance I find the M16 a great mid range weapon, the Mk14 a great alternative to a sniper, and the AK47 as a good Run and Gun weapon. It's also a great way to level quickly

How many different weapons do you use and do you like them or just using them for the XP

• Re: How many guns are in your active rotation
    Mrderpski

Dragunov and Riot Shield. I give up on other weapons once i get their titles

azn_chic

Five Primary Guns, One Secondary...When I unlock the RSASS and the MK14 it will be Seven. I only use weapons until I complete the 2500 Kills challenge so I'm constantly switching weapons.

I have 3 staples. The L118A as my sniper, the P90 as my SMG and the Type 95. I also have an MK14 class because that gun is a beast when I'm getting a good connection.

My other 5 classes are the AK47, Scar, G36, ACR and M4. Recently I've been favoring the AK47 but once that hits level 30 I'll start using another gun more for the XP so I can get to 20th soon (19 lvl 70) currently

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I am using a overkill combo of Ak47 & Type 95 as my main class at mo, when AK is gold I will switch to G36. Other classes at moment include L118A, ACR and MP7, with MP9 as secondary.

jwaller123

Only have three at the moment. MP7...can't live without it. Scar...not a bad little weapon. I seem to a bit better with it then the ACR. L118...not a huge sniper but get in the mood to every once in a while. Not QS by the way. If i did I would go like 0-100. I think my best streak with this weapon is maybe 3 or 4. I suck with em. Lol.

Nuk1014

All Assault Rifles/Submachine Guns. I go after the 500 kills challenge so that I can prestige quicker. I do enjoy using most of the guns though. I like switching it up, so one prestige I'll have the MK14, and another I'll have the M16. It makes the game less boring if you have to adapt with a different weapon.

My current rotation: Scar L, MP5, MG36, Dragunov, and KSG 12. I have some other weapons equipped with my other 5 classes but I haven't used most of them yet.I try to keep a gun class for every situation/map/playstyle. I play fairly well with everyone of my classes too.

rlbl

I use every gun in the game, and try to switch it up every prestige... but currently I am running around with the PM9 and the ACR (on my objective classes). I also fall back with a MK14 class...

... and before anyone says : Eww try-hard with an ACR... my fav gun is the M4A1 and have gotten it gold a few prestiges (although I still have more kills with the ACR.. imagine that)

I used to use the AS50, but I have since switched to the MSR and I am giving the Dragnov a try. With the last patch it is better, but I still miss the OHK capabilities you should get with a sniper.

wridtrvlr

I always use the same weapons.  Until I reach prestige 20, it's pointless to me to level them all up.

They are: AK47, ACR, P90, UMP45, MP-7 and Striker.  I have 7 custom classes and I will have 2 with AR's, the rest with SMG's and various secondaries.  Sometimes it's fun to run with the riot shield but not too often. 

monkeylord

If you count the secondary weapons i've got 8 across my 5 classes my primary weapons are the Ump,FAD,PM9,RSASS and riot sheild my secondary weapons are the MP412 ,MP9 and the ever standard stinger.

crossfire-roadster

I have used all the weapons in every cod since COD4, otherwise this game gets boring real fast. 

I used the tokens to open ten classes and at the moment they are:

MK14, PKP, M16, AK-47, FAD, MP5, AS50, SPAS-12, ACR & Type 95

skorp, sting, usp 45, rpg-7, jave, mp9,  mp9,      mp9,  .44 mag & usp 45

I usually switch weapons every match or every other match unless I'm close to leveling up a gun then I may spend an extra match or two using it.  The one advantage of getting use to all the guns is that when you pick one up off the ground you can use it more effectively if your already accustomed to it. 

I would say my favorite weapons are:  FAD, G36, PKP and Model

opb81

Current active on 10 classes all of which i use. Fad, Scar, ACRx2, USAS, Ump, Mp7, PKP, Striker, As50. The striker is almost gold when it is i will prob change it out for the P90 and just have 1 shotgun class as i like my gold USAS range combo better.  Acr is used twice because it is on my stealth class and my silenced hardline class. The stealth class is never a primary choice and only gets turned to for portable radar spammers and anti air support

Stephen_0u5

I have my classes with the MK14, ACR, UMP 45, one of the SNIPERS, FAD, and M60E4

wikked75

i have ten classes, and am using ten different weapons.

mp7, acr, g36, mk14, scar l, m4, ak47, pp90, l86, pm9

i enjoy using all of these, but sometimes i switch some out with the usas or spas if i want to use a shotgun. i realized long ago that i just suck with sniper rifles, so i don't bother with them anymore.

dastealth

I seem to have about 6 different weapons equipped each prestige. I do have 3 weapons unlocked via prestige token so I feel as though I would be ripped off if I didn't have classes with them but I always make sure I have a few classes left over for my weapon mix ups.

tedge

3-4 at a time. Get 500 kills and move on to another to level up quicker.

vims1990

I generally try other weapons for the challenge of using it. It's frustrating when you come across teams all using ACR's, MP7 & Type 95 but it's more rewarding using them.

Also, I want to encourage players to be different rather than being that typical player who has an ACR on all their classes.

M16 was a tough weapon to get to Gold camo. I'm not sure how long it'll last in my custom class as I find it the most frustrating assault rifle to use.

I've ranked up all my shotguns to Damage and for most of them, it was hell just to get Damage. More hitmarkers at close range than rewarding me one shot kills with the Model 1887, Spas-12 & KSG-1. Not as bad as the AA-12 though.

I have some respect for the LMG's. I've only used the LSW & MK46 which I find to be decent LMG's. I'm yet to reach Gold with one of them so I have a long way to go.

dastealth

I think you will find that if entire team uses the same weapon (any weapon) and they are good with it, by the end of the game you will come out thinking the weapon is a lot better than it really is just because of how many times you get killed with it.

ghamorra

HC is the only game mode I can see where the M16 is a beast to use. Every other game mode you have to have damn good accuracy or else you'll need three pulls of the trigger to put someone down

dastealth

I can't play HC in MW3 cause I seriously die too quickly. I mean getting insta-killed in core is bad but in HC... Well thats something else. If the lag issues get fixed I may pop onto HC from time to time cause I really enjoyed HC CTF in Black Ops and even Flags playlist when it was around.

vims1990

ghamorra wrote:

HC is the only game mode I can see where the M16 is a beast to use. Every other game mode you have to have damn good accuracy or else you'll need three pulls of the trigger to put someone down

HC is great for weapon variety, that's one of the reasons I like HC when I play in the clan ops. Unfortunately, I'm just not a fan of playing HC all the time. Just too slow for my liking & Richochet is annoying. What's annoying about the M16 in core is that if the first burst doesn't register, you're screwed even with the Rapid Fire attachment.

I see less weapon variety in core which is a damn shame.

You have players begging for Weapon DLC yet they don't ignore the fact that there are weapons already on the disc which barely get used.

I'm trying to remember the time I got killed by the M16 or the MP5.

dastealth

I had a game the other day where there was someone consistently getting 1 burst kills on me with the M16. Either that or the lag comp was kicking in worse than usual.

vims1990

dastealth wrote:

I had a game the other day where there was someone consistently getting 1 burst kills on me with the M16. Either that or the lag comp was kicking in worse than usual.

Honestly mate, I wish I had that experience with the M16.

Whenever I use the M16 with rapid fire, I either get a hitmarker or the opposing player has a period of invincibility when I shoot the first burst.

Once I've reached 1000 kills with the M16, I'm switching it for something else.

yates435

I was doing pretty well my last prestige(justed humped it back to level 1 earlier today), with the MG36 with speed attachment, extreme condition and Steady Aim Pro(ADS faster after sprinting).