1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 157 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 2:17 PM by scolia5044 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    CowboySr

Nobody can look like a fool for not being able to predict the future forty. Thats a silly statement. Unless you have a silver Delorean with a spare flux capacitor.    

• 21. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    rankismet

Get2DaChoppa wrote:

Wait.. how much was Elite again?  What does this price drop represent in savings vs. buying elite from the start?

Do DLC buyers get their stats tracked and clan ops as well or is that Elite only?

Are we b*tching about $10 here? (all other issues aside... )

Elite is $50 USD.

Clan Ops are for subscribers only... but non subscribers would get the 2xXP and other things.

At this point... it's the principal.

The marketing and business model for this is an embarrassment.

• 22. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

Guess I took it a little 2 far .

• 23. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    CowboySr

LOL

• 24. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    darwin67

PS3 player here...not really pissed, I would expect nothing less from Activision and I am sure a price drop will hit the PS3 about 2 mos. from now which is quite dumb because if a PS3 player was on the fence about buying, they will now hold out for a price drop...PS3 MW DLC has not sold well. I don't know about the xbox, but the new ELITE  DLC at any one time has less than 2,000 players playing and that's split between ALL the game types for the new DLC...thus why they are completely NOT worth my time to play and have me regretting my Hardened Edition purchase.Given the complete failure of Activision/IW/Beachead  I seriously believe we will see ELITE memberships plummet for the next title...why, because they failed Founders out of a fully operational system for the first 2-3 months, and it took how long for clan ops to start.....then you basically say, hey you get first crack at the maps but make them completely un-playable. Then you drop the price of DLC. Clearly, IW/Activision are relying on blind allegience and aren't giving much cred to the players. I feel bad ro 3arc....they are inheriting a complete cluster - 'd'uck.

• 25. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    bdnlv702

I didn't buy Elite, and this is the first COD game that I have not bought any of the DLCs, and still won't be buying them even at a reduced price.  Worse COD game ever. 

• 26. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

rankismet wrote:

Get2DaChoppa wrote:

Wait.. how much was Elite again?  What does this price drop represent in savings vs. buying elite from the start?

Do DLC buyers get their stats tracked and clan ops as well or is that Elite only?

Are we b*tching about $10 here? (all other issues aside... )

Elite is $50 USD.

Clan Ops are for subscribers only... but non subscribers would get the 2xXP and other things.

At this point... it's the principal.

The marketing and business model for this is an embarrassment.

Oh I agree it's an embarassment but I want to measure my reaction by the actual amount of money.

I'll probably not pre-buy next year.  Not to save money.. just not to spend money on stuff I don't need/use. 

The new maps so far (outside of Sanctuary and Piazza) just kinda suck.  Many seem to pander to the sniping community (hello, Liberation?) or are some chocked full of crap to go around/through (hello, Oasis) that they become camper fests.

• 27. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    iigallowsii

Activision really knows how to screw over paying customers. I wont be getting the hardend edition again and will opt to just purchase maps if I feel they are a good value. Im sure this game being broken has alot to do with terrible dlc sales. Elite is a total failure I coudnt agree more with maccabi. I cant wait to the drop in subscriptions for elite 2.0 LOL

• 28. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    starbuckfrack

I feel for you and know what you mean.

Just like when I bought a DVD movie and the next week it was half price.

It sucks sometime when that happens.

Even though I see the point where you only buy this from ONE location that it really sucks.

Still though I blame myself for getting it too soon, as well as the time I cancelled my hardened edition to get faster shipping and there were none left upon re-ordering 5 minutes later.

We should all blame ourselves though for rushing out to get it. no offense intended toward the posters here. I have seen Xbox games for my wife drop down 50 percent off Xbox Live a few days after I order it for her. Both in the Marketplace and on the internet.

PS Macs post said the rest of what I would say.

• 29. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    starbuckfrack

maccabi wrote:

Facts..never in the history of cod has there been a dlc price drop for a game that's actually half way through its life cycle,

We know there's issues with the dlc playlists with matchmaking and fractured playerbases which has been greatly compounded by the the fact the playlists suffer massive population drops

imo this is yet another botch idea to fix this,

By doing this all Activision have acomplished is making sure those on the fence never buy elite again as the only thing saving it was a psuedo saving on dlc, and causing anyone who bought elite or the dlcs seperately to once again feel ripped off, i mean seriously a 50% price drop on a dlc thats not even a month old.

and g-d knows how the ps3 community is going to take the news 360 players get the dlc 50% cheaper.

but hey im sure they have a plan to pacify the communities obvious anger at this "sale" (as seen over twitter and the forums today) by giving us double xp as a sweetner

on a seperate note lulz at your choice of tags ran ..classic

Good points. They DID screw up elite for next year on this decision. I will rather pay extra and wait for the DLC.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next