13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 6:43 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Should spitscreen players be banned from Infected

Everytime I join an infected lobby there is always a booster or a cheater no matter the level or prestige. So i will kill myself in order to stop them then they will leave or they will get their second player to block the entrance to the building the first player is in so that they cant be killed this is unfair to us honest gamers who play for fun instead of those people who go out and spend 50 dollars on a second controller just to level up in a game

• Re: Should spitscreen players be banned from Infected
    bicranium

Split-screeners should be forced to play their own playlist like Halo used to do.  "Team Training" is what it was called and that's the only place split-screeners were allowed.

trialstardragon

Nah, because you can still do the same and not need to be a split screener. Not all split screeners are boosters in infected either.

You could have two seperate accounts on xbox sign in and and it will not show the (1) behind the second account. So you would never know they were split sceening either.

So banning the one thinking it will remove the problem would not really remove the problem.

kastro187420

I have suggested this a few times myself since it came out. In my "Booster series" where I bust them, most of the boosters I believe that I've gotten banned so far have been Split screen players.

Personally, I'd be all for removing Split Screen altogether from the game as a whole...

trialstardragon

Not all that play splitcreen are bad or boosters. I have played with some that did very well before. It is jus that the average splitscreener does not always and is considered a hinderance to the team because of this.

kastro187420

It's not even so much because of the fact that they're "bad'. It's because of the fact that they're effectively playing 2 games on one connection. It creates more lag, especially if the person is already kind of laggy.

The booster/bad player is just an added bonus.

trialstardragon

Ya know even if they did this people could just use two xbox's on the same connection and play on two seperate tvs and still do the same things.

The would ultimately have to cap how many players could be playing on the same network connection.

So remvoing splitcreening itself will not really fix the problem or the problems caused by splitscreening that much.

I own two xbox's (one Elite, one Slim), I could easily sign in two differnt accounts to mw3 just by renting a second copy of the game and do exactly what you do not like to happen beacuse both are connected to the network through a wireless connection so it would even add in more problems.

kastro187420

While that is possible, it's unlikely for the majority of players. That requires an additional $250+ (system, controller, game) to get an extra player in the game, and that's not counting the cost of XBL Membership. It's roughly the same on PS3, but again, very unlikely. Much more so than only having to put out for another controller (which most people have more than one).

trialstardragon

There is a lot of people that own 2 xbox's in today's world. Probably more than you would think. Like me some started off with the Elite and then evntually got the Slim when it came out.

So there would not be much extra cost, except for owning or renting the 2nd copy of mw3. as toward the xbox live account you get a family pack, and could use one of the other accounts to do this with. So really no extra expenses for those that really wanted to do this very thing.

kastro187420

trialstardragon wrote:

There is a lot of people that own 2 xbox's in today's world. Probably more than you would think. Like me some started off with the Elite and then evntually got the Slim when it came out.

So there would not be much extra cost, except for owning or renting the 2nd copy of mw3. as toward the xbox live account you get a family pack, and could use one of the other accounts to do this with. So really no extra expenses for those that really wanted to do this very thing.

But the point is that there would be a drastic decrease of it happening. There are a number of people who do have multiple systems, but I would wager, when you compare it to the number of Split Screen players overall, the number is miniscule in comparison.

trialstardragon

I will conceed on that point, you have a valid argument on the number that may have and number that may use for such a reason.

Yet I still do not think it would reduce it by nearly as much as those that want them banned think it would.

Some one could always convince a friend to help them boost just as easy as doing by splitscreen. The friend could just dash near the end of the match to prevent stats from getting affected.

azn_chic

split screeners should be banned in every gamemode....they can splitscreen in a private match where their connection won't screw everyone else over.

jwaller123

No...they can stay. Most are generally an easy target anyways, and as long as they play without cheating, I am fine with it. As Trial stated already. By removing it, it will not solve the boosting problem.

HEREIAMNOW

Split screen should not be allowed in multiplayer.  People love to try and cheat the game.  Especially when there is only 1 split screener playing the game.  It allows them to control a advantage spawn area, and if you hide one split screener in an area, camp in another spot, you can see the enemy coming towards you.  Soo it also acts a radar.

Another instance is there are people shooting with one split screener, at nothing to alert the enemy, while the other waits to kill you when you go and kill the split screener that is shooting.

It doesn't matter if there are some legit players.  When I see split screeners on my team I don't want to play with them, because I feel like they are going to cheat/cost me the game, and I am sure others feel the same.  So it ruins the game even further.