1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

pulling69 wrote:

GHANDI, still participating post thread move?

A lot less now that you are in candyslexia and teanah's capable hands but I'll be around from time to time.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 21. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    asasa

Lets see... portable radar covers an area equal to about half of dome, is portable... throws quickly, can be thrown far, and completely ruins S&D. One single person can use the PR and force every enemy to use assassin, or else be killed repeatedly with 0 chance of fighting back.

An area of "half of dome" is more than enough to cover a single bomb site, and depending on the map, almost all of the areas an enemy could be. Mix that with the ability to pick it up and throw it wherever needed....

S&D is different than other modes and this is why I am so adamant about a Javelin nerf and Portable radar. They may be balanced outside of S&D, but they are definitely not balanced in it.

A nerf could come in many forms...

1: Disable in S&D [ Its possible, look at BO's competetive mode ]

2: Give 1 health [ Any damage, be it a grenade or whatever, destroys it ]

3a: Reduce radius

3b: Reduce throw distance

3c: Increase raise/deploy time

I've got people I play with who use it and its just ****** up... the enemy team gets dominated because its just so freaking stupid.. its not even rewarding to do well with that kind of advantage.

Same sort of thing with the Javelin.

1 single Javelin-er renders Mission and Village nearly unplayable, and severely hinders the other teams abilities on:

Bakaara, Resistance, Hardhat, Fallen, and Interchange.

• 22. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

vims1990 wrote:

markocc wrote:

Have the horrific lag and match making issues been fixed yet? I haven't played the game in quite a while and was wondering if there was any updates lately. I tried a couple faceoff matches when they came out and the lag was still unbearable in spite of the fact that it was only 2 vs 2 and pretty much gave up on this game again.

From what I've read on twitter, there are two title updates in the coming weeks to improve the matchmaking & connectivity issues.

We are also gathering more data with the release of today's TU. An equivalent TU will arrive shortly on PS3. After this drops we shall commence applying changes to the matchmaking algorithms. You will be kept informed of these via following @infiniryward or posts on the updates sticky.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 23. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Mark Rubin tweets: About lag...

It's usually about a month just to go thru test and cert. And that's once we fix the issue.

Fix for lag? It's going to be multiple patches and I think you don't grasp the amount of time it takes to do these patches

One month again, and we don't have specify date, i don't know if you realized that it makes 8 months we can't play (for certain people) this game and we paid for...

Every single day, IW say it's will be fix soon, asap, etc, etc...

This issue is too important, you have to plan a schedule with specify date, least you can do.

Can we have a schedule of fixes ?? not answer with soon, asap, by pity.

• 24. Re: MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX DISCUSSION

maccabi wrote:

iif0xh0undii wrote:

Hey Mac,

Concerning weapon changes let's keep the same round about rules we had going in the last one. Weapon discussion should be on a bit of hiatus until the time comes when they are ready to move forward with any changes, if that time comes. Feel free to create an unofficial discussion topic. Link me to help keep the peace.

I know that we have a unofficial Shotgun discussion thread that is existing and was recently changed as the OP is now back. I'm already following that one.

tbh im keeping well out of any weapon discussions..i went out to prove the models were useless now use them basically 99% of the time.. (after using a token to unlock them whern i prestiged)

and i did say this on the other thread but marks already said a weapons pass is scheduled for a few weeks time so i guess thats why peoples interest in nerf buff this and that has started up again.

Just to clarify the situation Mark has mentioned the possibility of a mid cycle refresh to the game, mixing up some of the guns in community modes, balancing some weapons differently etc. I want to make one or two things clear for everyone. Firstly, this will not occur until we have addressed higher priority issues that are affecting the game. The scope of this work has not been confirmed as yet. Lastly, the final decision upon weapon balance, and number of guns potentially adjusted, will lie with the weapon balance team although we are happy to keep hearing your suggestions on the various threads reserved for this discussion that iif0xh0undii establishes or sends us links to.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 25. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    zestroy

Hi,

I just wanted to thank G IH A IN ID II for his time and effort! We put you through the wringer at times and you handled it with pure class.

As far as the new thread yea, whatever, same major problems 8 months later...

BO2 = DEAD

• 26. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    pulling69

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

pulling69 wrote:

A lot less now that you are in candyslexia and teanah's capable hands but I'll be around from time to time.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Then I assume getting an answer straight from a Dev will take longer..IE more steps?

• 27. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

zestroy wrote:

Hi,

I just wanted to thank G IH A IN ID II for his time and effort! We put you through the wringer at times and you handled it with pure class.

As far as the new thread yea, whatever, same major problems 8 months later...

BO2 = DEAD

Thank you for the kind words zestroy. Regarding the eight months, I know you're going to see some improvements very shortly.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 28. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Good news GHANDI!

Glad to see such active devs in this thread, too!

• 29. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

pulling69 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

pulling69 wrote:

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Then I assume getting an answer straight from a Dev will take longer..IE more steps?

Quite the opposite. I've been visiting these boards in my spare time. Teanah and Candyslexia will be monitoring full time and they're only a few steps away from everyone on the team at IW.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next