1 480 481 482 483 484 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,810. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

We liaise with both MS and Sony regularly on security issues and will continue to do so.

So have you heard back from Sony regarding COD4&MW2 security issues on the PS3 and have you come up with solutions yet?

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Protection for old titles is more challenging since we didn't have capabilities such as the hot-fix ability of MW3 to combat hacking when these titles were released. Additionally these games launched before the advent of first party security vulnerabilities.

Sorry, but these sound like excuses. I believe it would be possible to stop people from cheating online in these games.

Please don't tell us how challenging it is to fix these games if you aren't even trying.

• 4,811. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kkiller14

Disconnected_ wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

We liaise with both MS and Sony regularly on security issues and will continue to do so.

So have you heard back from Sony regarding COD4&MW2 security issues on the PS3 and have you come up with solutions yet?

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Protection for old titles is more challenging since we didn't have capabilities such as the hot-fix ability of MW3 to combat hacking when these titles were released. Additionally these games launched before the advent of first party security vulnerabilities.

Sorry, but these sound like excuses. I believe it would be possible to stop people from cheating online in these games.

These are not excuses. In MW3 they have hot fixed all the major hacks ASAP, then brought the whole fix in a TU. In MW1, and MW2, they had no hot fix capabilites. They never could hot fix causing them to need to a make a whole TU to update.

And as Robert Bowling (before he left IW) stated that hackers would bypase their new TU within hours because they can't stop everything in one TU. And if hackers bypass the TU within hours, they are wasting resources trying to fix something.

• 4,812. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Caine69_

I like this, we only can wait..

• 4,813. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    pulling69

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Hello all,

I've been reading the latest posts and thought I'd chime in to address some of the points raised. To start, I am truly sorry that many of you continue to have issues. To this end:

The October TU will arrive soon as promised. Teanah and candyslexia will, I'm sure, provide an exact ETA as soon as they are able to do so.

Analysis and work on matchmaking quality is ongoing.

I might suggest that conversation regarding Black Ops II is likely to garner more response on the Black Ops II forums.

And lastly, bicranium I'm not sure what response I gave in an 'immature and unprofessional manner' but in any event if I caused you offence I apologize.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Glad to have you back....Nice to have someone actively participating with the community even if it isn't their tasked job(like some other people).

Now, has your ongoing analysis figured out why hosting sucks on PS3? Has it found a solution?

PS More matchmaking analysis? You mean it really didn't get fixed last time...Even though we were told it was taken care of? MW3 = massive fail

PPS How about that real countdown time audio fix for PS3? For the life of me I can't understand how the hell that has been impossible to fix...

• 4,814. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

kkiller14 wrote:

Disconnected_ wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

These are not excuses. In MW3 they have hot fixed all the major hacks ASAP, then brought the whole fix in a TU. In MW1, and MW2, they had no hot fix capabilites. They never could hot fix causing them to need to a make a whole TU to update.

And as Robert Bowling (before he left IW) stated that hackers would bypase their new TU within hours because they can't stop everything in one TU. And if hackers bypass the TU within hours, they are wasting resources trying to fix something.

Exactly, it's not as simple as simply typing "Stop hacks" into the game code. Could they release an update that might eliminate a few of the hacks? Sure. They did so with MW2. But how long did that last? If we remember right, it didn't.

If you believe it's possible, I'm sure they'd welcome your input on how you'd go about doing it however.

• 4,815. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

kastro187420 wrote:

Exactly, it's not as simple as simply typing "Stop hacks" into the game code. Could they release an update that might eliminate a few of the hacks? Sure. They did so with MW2. But how long did that last? If we remember right, it didn't.

If you believe it's possible, I'm sure they'd welcome your input on how you'd go about doing it however.

Like I explained earlier, cheaters transfer their hacks to their PSN capable PS3s (only the latest firmware can connect to PSN). These transfers could be prevented, since the latest PS3 firmwares are secure. People could still "hack" the game but if they have no way of transferring those hacks to their OFW PS3s, they can't get their hacks online. Already transferred hacks could be made unusable by releasing a new title update.

• 4,816. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

Disconnected_ wrote:

Please don't tell us how challenging it is to fix these games if you aren't even trying.

and i assume you're basing that assumption on your many years working coding games and patches right?

trust me when you look from "the players" side of fence it looks easy.

Heck ive only had to patch stuff on pcs, I couldnt imagine the extra hurdles needed when you have to then get your patch thru 1 st party cert or the exploit involves the 1st party systems.

• 4,817. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Ahh yes Big Red One, still my favorite SP game out of the COD bunch.

=]

• 4,818. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Love it!!

@ G IH A IN ID II:

Nuke me with a network improvement patch, please!

• 4,819. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

mac could you speculate as to why this patch has taken so long, also can you forsee the next patch being a game changer, more specifically any inside info what will be different about this patch from the others. any predictions on host improvements etc. thanks