1 491 492 493 494 495 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,920. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

    teanah wrote:


    New networking code improvements to be initially rolled out in the Domination playlist October 10th, mid-morning with more playlists to come

    Having tried a few Domination games just now I really hope it's not mid-morning yet.

  • 4,921. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

    Ss78_ wrote:

     

    Could you verify the version number for this update on the 360. I just blew the dust of the disc and popped it in to get updated to 1.8.602.1 ?

    It's 1.8.512.1 on the PS3 after updating to 1.23. The 360 has a more recent build, huh? Money talks.

     

    Teanah, could you tell us when those improvements are rolled out in the Dom playlist.

  • 4,922. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    djtn

    I’ve been a loot ho in Pandora for the last couple of weeks so I haven’t been playing MW3 but I’d thought I’d pop in for an update. Unfortunately, it’s the same old song and dance here. Really, you cannot tell a difference from the post in this forum at launch and post made today.

     

    Anyway, thought I’d chime in:

     

    1. The size of your pipe doesn’t mean much. It’s the speed and quality of the connection. This is why someone who has a 1 MB connection can be picked as host. For some reason people still think that a 75 up / 75 down connecting is better than a 25/25. For gaming it’s not. It’s the speed at which these packets travel. Bigger is not better (in this scenario anyway).

     

     

     

    2. A faster, better quality line should make your gaming experience better, not because you’re entitled to anything but because it makes the COD gaming experience better for EVERYONE. Game dev’s should be more specific and communicate recommendations, educating its customers, in an effort to help the community improve the gaming experience for all. This creates a richer hosting pool and everyone benefits. Something that has not been done.

     

     

     

    3. I don’t think the MW3 lag comp calculations are much different from MW2’s. The fragmentation and matchmaking are to blame. If you play with players within 200 miles or so, with similar connections - the gaming experience is smooth. The problem is when you have one player from another country. His ping is huge, forcing the lag comp curve to its extremes - delivering a horrible player experience for everyone except him.

     

     

    While I keep hearing how complex the problem is and how all this data is being recorded and scrubbed, there is a simple fix:

     

    LIMIT THE MAX AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION THAT CAN BE APPLIED TO A PLAYER.

     

    This is the only solution, outside of giving away all the map packs and Elite in the next TU. There are no other alternatives. This is common sense to me, why is the situation being convoluted?

     

    You’re going to have to suck it up, make the change and move on to the next title, learning from your mistakes. There are no other alternatives for MW3 because of its DLC distribution methods that fragmented the player base.

  • 4,923. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    itzhe4dhunt3r

    Well so far I've notice a improvement & it's definitely not a placebo effect. It's not "Perfect" still some WTF moments when 3/2 bar's shoot me round corners  

     

    I've not had Slow Down's (Lag spike?) mid-game when there are some Killstreaks in the air which is great because that would happen alot in Multi-Kill modes.

     

    But this could be due to my ADSL Profile been switched to 9DB Fastpath today but I would like to think the patch had some effect

     

    EDIT: I'll also like to point out that Host selection is still poor tho, It never picks the "Best Host" untill it host migrations in-game, 1 example is it chooses a host where everyone will have a 3Bar (Even Host) and When everyone is on a 3Bar the game seems to think that's accecptable & won't host migrate untill the host actually leaves instead of picking a better host stright away

  • 4,924. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    t-fibby

    Disconnected_ wrote:

     

    teanah wrote:


    New networking code improvements to be initially rolled out in the Domination playlist October 10th, mid-morning with more playlists to come

    Having tried a few Domination games just now I really hope it's not mid-morning yet.

    My thoughts exactly.

     

    I played several games of TDM, KC, and DOM after the latest patch. All games DLC disabled so that i could get into 50ms ping lobbies which i cannot get if the DLC is enabled. Out of those i had by far the worst experience on DOM, which is supposed to have some improvements now. And out of those 3, according to the game DOM has the second highest pool of players online now (PS3), but it ran worse than KC which has 1/2 of the player pool.

     

    I got one (1) good game in terms of connectivity where i could actually rush and win CQB gun fights and not feel handicapped by lag, that was a rare TDM lobby where all had a 4 bar connection. On DOM, i was mostly on a 4 bar against 3 bars and usually in a 50ms lobby, which at it's worse i had to shoot 26 rounds from an ACR standing behind an enemy at a close distance and did not miss a single shot, or shoot 3 times point blank range all shots registering with a USAS-12 that had damage on it. On both examples i was on a 4 bar and the opponent on 3, and there were no lag spikes (atleast not on my screen).

     

    It seems that i can get more easily into a 50ms ping lobby now, which is a good thing, but unfortunately the matchmaking has not improved because these lobbies still have guys with a 2 bar in them. And usually anything between 1/2 to 2/3 of the lobby has a 3 bar while i have 4, and as usual everyone of those guys has the jump on me thanks to lag compensation. And i intentationally backed out several times to see if i was hosting, and this happened without me being the host.

     

    I tried monitoring lag spikes when someone connected to a match, and did not notice any so that looks like an improvement.

     

    For some reason i don't seem to get host that often now, or just did not notice it that well because the game ran smoothly even while hosting which was not the case earlier (you could clearly notice that you had host even without backing out thanks to dropping framerates etc), maybe that was a lucky break or it has something to do with the lag spikes fix because there was nothing mentioned on update notes regarding hosting. However, when i had host the lag compensation situation was same as before where every opponent was like a full second ahead.

  • 4,925. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

    t-fibby wrote:

     

    Disconnected_ wrote:

     

    teanah wrote:


    New networking code improvements to be initially rolled out in the Domination playlist October 10th, mid-morning with more playlists to come

    Having tried a few Domination games just now I really hope it's not mid-morning yet.

    My thoughts exactly.

     

    I played several games of TDM, KC, and DOM after the latest patch. All games DLC disabled so that i could get into 50ms ping lobbies which i cannot get if the DLC is enabled. Out of those i had by far the worst experience on DOM, which is supposed to have some improvements now. And out of those 3, according to the game DOM has the second highest pool of players online now (PS3), but it ran worse than KC which has 1/2 of the player pool.

     

    I got one (1) good game in terms of connectivity where i could actually rush and win CQB gun fights and not feel handicapped by lag, that was a rare TDM lobby where all had a 4 bar connection. On DOM, i was mostly on a 4 bar against 3 bars and usually in a 50ms lobby, which at it's worse i had to shoot 26 rounds from an ACR standing behind an enemy at a close distance and did not miss a single shot, or shoot 3 times point blank range all shots registering with a USAS-12 that had damage on it. On both examples i was on a 4 bar and the opponent on 3, and there were no lag spikes (atleast not on my screen).

     

    It seems that i can get more easily into a 50ms ping lobby now, which is a good thing, but unfortunately the matchmaking has not improved because these lobbies still have guys with a 2 bar in them. And usually anything between 1/2 to 2/3 of the lobby has a 3 bar while i have 4, and as usual everyone of those guys has the jump on me thanks to lag compensation. And i intentationally backed out several times to see if i was hosting, and this happened without me being the host.

     

    I tried monitoring lag spikes when someone connected to a match, and did not notice any so that looks like an improvement.

     

    For some reason i don't seem to get host that often now, or just did not notice it that well because the game ran smoothly even while hosting which was not the case earlier (you could clearly notice that you had host even without backing out thanks to dropping framerates etc), maybe that was a lucky break or it has something to do with the lag spikes fix because there was nothing mentioned on update notes regarding hosting. However, when i had host the lag compensation situation was same as before where every opponent was like a full second ahead.

    You really can't judge anything till the TU has fully propagated, and you are playing at a high players online period.

    If the player count is down while you may be a low ping lobby other players might find themselves joining as there is no other available sessions to join.. ergo you have 2/3 barred players in the lobby.

     

    give it time...

  • 4,926. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

    It's reduced, so much better compared to yesterday (horrific, I don't know why I kept playing XD). It's an improvement, hit detection is fine, and seems to be ok, though thats in 50 lobbies, ysterday I couldnt get into a 50ms lobby at all. So that might be taken into consideration.

  • 4,927. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    t-fibby

    maccabi wrote:

     

    t-fibby wrote:

     

    Disconnected_ wrote:

     

    teanah wrote:


    New networking code improvements to be initially rolled out in the Domination playlist October 10th, mid-morning with more playlists to come

    Having tried a few Domination games just now I really hope it's not mid-morning yet.

    My thoughts exactly.

     

    I played several games of TDM, KC, and DOM after the latest patch. All games DLC disabled so that i could get into 50ms ping lobbies which i cannot get if the DLC is enabled. Out of those i had by far the worst experience on DOM, which is supposed to have some improvements now. And out of those 3, according to the game DOM has the second highest pool of players online now (PS3), but it ran worse than KC which has 1/2 of the player pool.

     

    I got one (1) good game in terms of connectivity where i could actually rush and win CQB gun fights and not feel handicapped by lag, that was a rare TDM lobby where all had a 4 bar connection. On DOM, i was mostly on a 4 bar against 3 bars and usually in a 50ms lobby, which at it's worse i had to shoot 26 rounds from an ACR standing behind an enemy at a close distance and did not miss a single shot, or shoot 3 times point blank range all shots registering with a USAS-12 that had damage on it. On both examples i was on a 4 bar and the opponent on 3, and there were no lag spikes (atleast not on my screen).

     

    It seems that i can get more easily into a 50ms ping lobby now, which is a good thing, but unfortunately the matchmaking has not improved because these lobbies still have guys with a 2 bar in them. And usually anything between 1/2 to 2/3 of the lobby has a 3 bar while i have 4, and as usual everyone of those guys has the jump on me thanks to lag compensation. And i intentationally backed out several times to see if i was hosting, and this happened without me being the host.

     

    I tried monitoring lag spikes when someone connected to a match, and did not notice any so that looks like an improvement.

     

    For some reason i don't seem to get host that often now, or just did not notice it that well because the game ran smoothly even while hosting which was not the case earlier (you could clearly notice that you had host even without backing out thanks to dropping framerates etc), maybe that was a lucky break or it has something to do with the lag spikes fix because there was nothing mentioned on update notes regarding hosting. However, when i had host the lag compensation situation was same as before where every opponent was like a full second ahead.

    You really can't judge anything till the TU has fully propagated, and you are playing at a high players online period.

    If the player count is down while you may be a low ping lobby other players might find themselves joining as there is no other available sessions to join.. ergo you have 2/3 barred players in the lobby.

     

    give it time...

    Well, I'm still playing and the time is 18:40 so i guess that would be a high players online period here in Scandinavia ? I understand your point about propagating the patch before judging it so that the player pool consist of people only on the same version, but i also have to disagree in a way...

     

    Since you are only matched againts people with the same version, shouldn't i potentially see an improvement when playing DOM even if the patch has not propagated fully if they actually did some netcode improvements that worked for me ? If it is indeed improved, it should show in exactly those situations where i'm playing against people on a 2/3 bar while i have 4 so that they are not a full second ahead of me.

     

    I remember when 1.19 came out on PS3, i had an amazing connection which gradually just got worse as the patch propagated so it will not always help (though it had to have also something to do with all regions not having Terminal available which resulted in better matchmaking for me). Excl. 1.19 once it was released, i've had a really poor experience with this game after 1.14 patch on the PS3. It was horrible at launch, then somewhat playable and then just got worse patch after patch from 1.14.

  • 4,928. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

    djtn wrote:

     

    I’ve been a loot ho in Pandora for the last couple of weeks so I haven’t been playing MW3 but I’d thought I’d pop in for an update. Unfortunately, it’s the same old song and dance here. Really, you cannot tell a difference from the post in this forum at launch and post made today.

     

     

     

    Hahahahahaha - I've bookmarked this thread a few hundred pages ago and not updated it since. Just popped in to see what was happening and just had to scroll back to the top of the page to double check I was at the right end...

     

    Never a truer word spoken (or written even) my friend!

  • 4,929. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    sjo74

    For me the game have been fun to play again today, i´m usually beeing 0.5-1 sec behind everyone else but now i finally can survive gunfights in mw3.

    I´m located in sweden playing with 50mbit up/down, still beeing matched with spain, france and italy but i prefer them instead of UKplayers.. which i think must have the crappiest internet on theplanet? atleast it´s always high ping to uk, pinging italy faster than uk

     

    [URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/70570780.png[/IMG][/URL]

    [URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/70570730.png[/IMG][/URL]

    [URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/70570836.png[/IMG][/URL]

    [URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/70571157.png[/IMG][/URL]

    [URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/70571362.png[/IMG][/URL]