1 495 496 497 498 499 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,960. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

For the umpteenth thousandth time.... Lag compensation needs to be in the game.

• 4,961. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Um it's not needed if theres a region lock. So yea MW2 had barely any lag compensation and it was perfect.

• 4,962. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

To teanah,

My ping times are consistently in the mid 20's to low 30's at approximately 500 miles, however, i play the majority of my games in 75ms range. I live in a major metroplitan city/area and i dont understand why iam constantly being matched up with people who are 1500 miles away....what can i do?

• 4,963. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    vims1990

ChestSplittah wrote:

I don't know why anyone plays those playlists, when it is commonly known they have the worst matchmaking. Then come here to complain. There isn't anything that is going to fix them.

When trying to find a game in the playlist, I'm waiting for 10 mins and then it places me a lobby full of Mexicans

It's not the games/developers fault. Just the lack of players in the playlist.

• 4,964. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

It had lag compensation regardless. The game would be virtually impossible to play without it.

• 4,965. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

vims1990 wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

I don't know why anyone plays those playlists, when it is commonly known they have the worst matchmaking. Then come here to complain. There isn't anything that is going to fix them.

When trying to find a game in the playlist, I'm waiting for 10 mins and then it places me a lobby full of Mexicans

It's not the games/developers fault. Just the lack of players in the playlist.

I've had it since day one. That's why I still don't play the game for more than ten to fifteen minutes a day. DLC stays off.

• 4,966. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    TheRedBaran

Ghandi, Tina or Candy, I have 748hrs played on Domination. Since Update the game still plays poorly if not worse. Background so there is no confusion, i am a premium elite player. Play with all DLC off because playing that is a joke. I live in Chicago so its somewhat populated city. I play on xbox and am hardwired in with 40d and 8up 50ms ping to the farthest points in the country. Play in a party of 3 to 6 on the regular and everyone complains about the lag comp/sync in game. The stutter seems worse and when players join the lobby mid game is more noticeable with lag spikes and stutter since update.Please don't respond with let the update propagate because i think the one put out 6 months ago is still trying to do that. Most important factor in any FPS is sync and connection and this game has failed. Worst COD to date in my opinion and shared with many i play with.  Very dissapointed in MW3 and Elite

• 4,967. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    t-fibby

t-fibby wrote:

Disconnected_ wrote:

teanah wrote:

New networking code improvements to be initially rolled out in the Domination playlist October 10th, mid-morning with more playlists to come

Having tried a few Domination games just now I really hope it's not mid-morning yet.

My thoughts exactly.

I played several games of TDM, KC, and DOM after the latest patch. All games DLC disabled so that i could get into 50ms ping lobbies which i cannot get if the DLC is enabled. Out of those i had by far the worst experience on DOM, which is supposed to have some improvements now. And out of those 3, according to the game DOM has the second highest pool of players online now (PS3), but it ran worse than KC which has 1/2 of the player pool.

I got one (1) good game in terms of connectivity where i could actually rush and win CQB gun fights and not feel handicapped by lag, that was a rare TDM lobby where all had a 4 bar connection. On DOM, i was mostly on a 4 bar against 3 bars and usually in a 50ms lobby, which at it's worse i had to shoot 26 rounds from an ACR standing behind an enemy at a close distance and did not miss a single shot, or shoot 3 times point blank range all shots registering with a USAS-12 that had damage on it. On both examples i was on a 4 bar and the opponent on 3, and there were no lag spikes (atleast not on my screen).

It seems that i can get more easily into a 50ms ping lobby now, which is a good thing, but unfortunately the matchmaking has not improved because these lobbies still have guys with a 2 bar in them. And usually anything between 1/2 to 2/3 of the lobby has a 3 bar while i have 4, and as usual everyone of those guys has the jump on me thanks to lag compensation. And i intentationally backed out several times to see if i was hosting, and this happened without me being the host.

I tried monitoring lag spikes when someone connected to a match, and did not notice any so that looks like an improvement.

For some reason i don't seem to get host that often now, or just did not notice it that well because the game ran smoothly even while hosting which was not the case earlier (you could clearly notice that you had host even without backing out thanks to dropping framerates etc), maybe that was a lucky break or it has something to do with the lag spikes fix because there was nothing mentioned on update notes regarding hosting. However, when i had host the lag compensation situation was same as before where every opponent was like a full second ahead.

I take the hosting part back, it's just as awful as it was before now that i just tried playing on time of day when there are not that many people online in my region and you more likely to be matched up with people with lesser connections. Framerate drops, disadvantageous position due to lag comp, lag spikes when someone connects mid match etc., all the usual BS..

Hosting in this game is a joke, and so is the matchmaking. It's funny how you can hop on to MW2 that usually has 1/5 or 1/10 of total players online depending on the time of day compared to MW3, i have all the DLC on that game as well so the pool of players i will be matched against much be significantly smaller compared to playing for example TDM on MW3 with DLC disabled, and i will still have a much better experience. Obviously not as good as it was when the game was new and popular, but still a good one compared to this crap. Same goes for CoD4.

• 4,968. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

Teanah it would have been nice to get a reply about when the actual change was made/ propogated. I played the game after updating to the latest tu in the morning then I played later on at night and received a playlist update and played after that. Since there was no official reply then any real feedback from the end user was pointless.

Now I know how unhappy people here are about matchmaking and what elite done to fragment the player base but from what I understand they updated the network code which deals with hosting and lag comp/sync. If I read the update notes correctly they are getting more info to help matchmaking possibly in the future or maybe through some sort of new method. Maybe a dev could expand/clarify.

It shouldn't matter whether you have DLC on or not to see whether the network code changes helped with hosting/lag comp/framerate issues.

It also shouldn't matter whether you play in a highly populated playlist or not to determine if these changes helped as after the testing and feedback it would be rolled out to all playlists anyway.

The network code and matchmaking are two seperate issues. Yes localised connections help gameplay but in the real world that's not always going to be possible every minute of the day.

The matchmaking is set up how they wanted it to be, as to why that's microsoft/activision/iw decision.

To rectify these issues they most likely need to tackle each problem one at a time. To try both would not solve the issues in the correct manner.

It is positive to see that after nearly a year they are still trying to tackle these issues, many companies would have left us for dead. This shows they appreciate our feedback and need us to help them move forward, just like we need them to communicate with us so we can give them the proper feedback they need.

• 4,969. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Domination still plays like ****. What gives?