6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 4:18 AM by vims1990 RSS

Had a jam on Blops today, couldn't get back to MW3 fast enough.

danielbondnz

Having loved Black ops so darely, I was an instant hater of MW3 when it first came out.

Mainly for the crap like death streaks and other OP stuff. But now all these months and 11 game days of MW3 later, I have a jam on Black ops.

How bad dose Black ops feel? you feel like your player is wearing a sack of rocks on his back, you move so slow and heavy.

There is so much glitchy moments, and a 3 bar is so inferior to a 4 bar, which is so inferior to the host. Knifing on a 3 bar is crap, drop shotting on any bar is worse.

I had such fond memories of Black ops, But I have to say, It really feels so horrible compared to MW2 and 3 IMO. I will be so dissopointed if Black ops 2 has the same heavy slow feel to the movement.

Having said that, the actual maps and weapons on Black ops are great, its just the way you feel and move that is terrible to me.

• Re: Had a jam, on Blops today, couldn't get back to MW3 fast enough.
    coltfirearms

I feel like the only thing Treyarch has done absolutely perfectly is no deathstreaks.

HEREIAMNOW

When I bought BO, I had it for a week and sold it.  Everything, about BO to me was horrible, the maps, the slowness, the connection, the ugly graphics, the sounds, and that stupid RC car.

MW3 is a good game, but MW2 has the edge over it.  Specifically because of the maps, and missing my RPD.

BO did have zombies, and that was cool, but I didn't buy it for that reason.

vims1990

The positive aspects of Black Ops outweigh the negatives whereas MW3 negatives outway the positives for me.

The connectivity wasn't great in Black Ops but I didn't find it completely unplayable at times compared to MW3's connectivity.

The maps in MW3 is an "anthill simulator" (as David Vonderhaar described them). There's no flow & there's rarely any open areas to effectively rush, it's just narrow paths. Most of us assume it increases the speed of the game but it is generally more slower when you have players crouch walking around narrow corners. It creates some terrible spawns as well when you can't provide decent spawn points on narrow maps.

Knifing was glitchy despite the lunge nerf & at times there were noticeable framerate drops but the gameplay was good. The spawns were great after they patched it.

I didn't really have an issue with the feel of Black Ops to be honest.

I'm not trying to say that MW3 is completely horrible but the negatives just outweigh the positives for me.

danielbondnz

Yea Vims, I get what you saying.

The maps are better in Black ops and I agree, But I cant deal with the lag, and way that the distance to the host plays such a huge role in Black ops.

I have to admit, drop shotting has become a HUGE part of my play style now, and its just impossible on Black ops.

Drop shotting aside, the speed in which your guy runs, and the way they move is painful, PAINFUL I tell ya lol

To feel good, the host needs to be your next door neighbour. In Mw3 I cant tell if im host or not because for the most part, the connection is so consistant. I know I moaned about host lag in the past, but seriously now I love being host post patches, I atleast know the game play will be smooth and consistant.

Vims, do you think the connection issues with Black ops will be addressed in 2? and do you think the feel will be more in tune with the way other cods have fealt?

vims1990

I think the reason the connectivity is bad is due to the lack of players online within New Zealand. I'm assuming you're finding yourself in lobbies within Australia?

The "Dolphin Diving" mechanic countered the dropshot to some extent. You could still do it but it was more harder to dropshot.

Host for me in Black Ops was not bad apart from the frame rate drops especially when you're playing Ground War.

Personally, I don't mind the host having a slight advantage (even if I'm not hosting). If I'm 3 barring, I'm expected to lag and experience slight delays to the host.

In MW3, what host disadvantage has done has caused so many host migrations & host's dashboarding which gives me a loss so I prefer the old method of how MW2/Black Ops handled the host's connectivity. If one player has the slight advantage, I'm fine with that.

Vims, do you think the connection issues with Black ops will be addressed in 2? and do you think the feel will be more in tune with the way other cods have fealt?

To be honest, not sure mate. If Treyarch have been hearing our cries of the poor connectivity in MW3, I'm sure they are taking connectivity a bit more seriously this time. If the game feels like MW2, I'm happy. It's the last COD that felt smooth.

In the coming months ahead, I guess we can ask these questions to Treyarch devs in how they're tackling connection.

At the end of the day, it's up to matchmaking. As long as they matchmake us locally, I believe connection should be more solid. You can't provide balanced connectivity from a player from the US & a player from New Zealand. It just doesn't work that way.

So as long as they matchmake us locally, the game theoretically should be running smooth but depends on how their netcode work.