18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2012 9:31 AM by OMFGimJOE RSS

Being kicked shouldn't count as a loss.

OMFGimJOE

I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the matchmaking problem when you get into matches where you're losing by alot.

My suggestion (if they wont separate Lobbys and In-session matches):

If you join a match from the lobby, but dont select a class, you get a 1:30(or whatever it is) counter until you get kicked. This wont count as a loss, just as a nothing.

If you join a game mid-match, but dont select a class, you get a :30 counter until you get kicked. This will also not count as a loss.

If you join a game mid-match and it ends before you are kicked (but still havent selected a class), it won't count as a loss.

• Re: Being kicked shouldn't count as a loss.
    rankismet

OMFGimJOE wrote:

I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the matchmaking problem when you get into matches where you're losing by alot.

My suggestion (if they wont separate Lobbys and In-session matches):

If you join a match from the lobby, but dont select a class, you get a 1:30(or whatever it is) counter until you get kicked. This wont count as a loss, just as a nothing.

If you join a game mid-match, but dont select a class, you get a :30 counter until you get kicked. This will also not count as a loss.

If you join a game mid-match and it ends before you are kicked (but still havent selected a class), it won't count as a loss.

Is joining a game in progress really that big of a deal?

ghamorra

I don't think so, unless it's like MW3 where you:

Join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out

^my average day of CoD

rankismet

ghamorra wrote:

I don't think so, unless it's like MW3 where you:

Join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out - join a losing game - play a few matches - server times out

^my average day of CoD

I get that.

Sadly.

gallp13

COuldnt agree more.....

OMFGimJOE

It is when you join a game where your team is losing 19-178 in Domination :\

I can either: stay and get the loss or leave and get the loss. Kinda sucks having to take a loss for something that you couldnt control, doesnt it?

rankismet

OMFGimJOE wrote:

I can either: stay and get the loss or leave and get the loss. Kinda sucks having to take a loss for something that you couldnt control, doesnt it?

Honestly... really doesn't bug me.

I get why it happens. The group I play with tend to cause teams to rage quit. If no one joined in-progress... I'd never get a game to complete.

ghosthound

rankismet wrote:

OMFGimJOE wrote:

Honestly... really doesn't bug me.

I get why it happens. The group I play with tend to cause teams to rage quit. If no one joined in-progress... I'd never get a game to complete.

It does bug many, many, many other people though.

If you don't join in, no result should be recorded - simple. If you do choose to join a hopeless cause then you have made a choice and must live with the consequences.

ghamorra

That being said if you don't pick a class you'll be kicked. So what do you do? Back out hundreds of times until you finally come across a lobby that isn't in a match. I think allowing people to join a hopeless match shouldn't be allowed

OMFGimJOE

That was an idea I posted in another thread. Having an option to select whether you want to allow "in-session" matches in your search results.

rankismet

OMFGimJOE wrote:

That was an idea I posted in another thread. Having an option to select whether you want to allow "in-session" matches in your search results.

And when people rage quit and games don't fill up... then what?

dtuchpunk

Don't mind a game in progress but when you end up in one again and again and again I would like the option.
                  It's not should not be default

OMFGimJOE

How would they not fill up? There are still people who join a match because they dont care about getting free losses.

People already join matches and leave, so it'd be the same thing.

rankismet

OMFGimJOE wrote:

How would they not fill up? There are still people who join a match because they dont care about getting free losses.

People already join matches and leave, so it'd be the same thing.

If more people than not have their settings set to "not join"...

... games will never fill up.

... team imbalance will be the norm.

... and people will complain they can't get a complete game.

Yes... people JOIN matches aand leave and new people JOIN to take their place.

OMFGimJOE

But that would never happen. The amount of casual players, who play just to play something, will always outnumber the people who care enough to disable "join in-session". There will be people who arent willing to wait an extra minute or two to find a lobby, so they will just not disable the option.

I honestly dont see how people are okay with getting forced losses just because you joined a game where your team is getting spawn trapped and losing by 150 points.

Joining a game isn't but just like my mans said about MW3 I can COUNT the times I got into a lobby that wasnt a losing match and the cycle continues in the majority space whereas people get shoved into terrible lobbies of loserdom  and you get stuck into a sequence of L's

HURRICANE8

how about you... stay and take 1 loss. Then win all the other matches after that. going 10-1 aint bad. Or you could keep quitting and keep taking losses because your so worried that people will look at your stats. Nobody that matters in your life gives 2 ***** what your W/L ratio is anyway. Your mom doesnt care, your dog doesnt care, if you have a girlfriend (im guessing you dont) she doesnt even care

dtuchpunk

Just give us a option if you want to join a game in progress.