19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 2:32 AM by BIGBANG BAZINGA RSS

Finaly, HC CTF is here!!! But why is it all messed up?

undzis

First off i want to thank who ever made this happen.  Seriously! But why only 5 min timers? why is there no way to hide on why you have the flag (isnt that the point of assassin)? Also, why is the points so low? its double xp and winning games im avg 3-6k a game. I can easy double or triple that in HC KC.

Last july 3arc changed CTF to what we have now.  ppl flooded the fourms and after a mo things were reversed. So why whould you give us CTF in the current format.  5 min timers is just too short and you should be able to hide from uav with the flag.

• Re: Finaly, HC CTF is here!!! But why is it all messed up?

I asked the same thing on Twitter. And I believe it was Candyslexia who made a huge push for it. Although i have been on Twitter and the forums for months not letting up trying to get this mode in. Just search my post about it. But I think it is only 5 min rounds and you can see the flag because they dont want to have people camping with the flag and racking up major killstreaks. Although I remember in Blops that not knowing where the flag was added a lot to the game. It made all your team work together and calling out location of enemy to find it. Made for some really intense games. I will ask on Twitter what their thoughts on this are and let ya know.

This is the IW version of CTF, it plays way different to the Bops version and is imo, rubbish.

Yeah, both HQ and CTF are terrible in MW3, just go back to what you were playing before.

Another prime example of the fact that these idiots have no idea how to make a game.

I'm a player that goes for flags in CTF so I WILL NEVER PLAY HC CTF LOL

I was gona come on and make a thread just like this...

IW has totally screwed up HC CTF! i mean what is the point of it when you can be seen with the flag at all times?????  with assisan..I can stay off the radar so why is it that it can suddenly spot me when i pick up the flag!...

Seriously IW you need to tweak this and put the foundation of black ops rules into it..

10 min rounds and not be seen with the flag if you have assisan pro..

Our clan played nothing but HC CTF on blops and the balance of the game was second to none..I miss sneakin up to the flag, grabbin it and hiding round the corner as everyone ran past panicing then using co-ordinated team work to bring it back to base...

All i see now is not so much, spraying and praying but, running and praying as there is no tactical game play involved anymore..camping with the flag is easier now cuz the carrier sits in a corner and has his entire team cover his every entry points as all the numptys run in for a suicide mission...

HC CTF is a camper fest with the way it stands..please sort it out 

BIGBANG BAZINGA wrote:

I miss sneakin up to the flag, grabbin it and hiding round the corner as everyone ran past panicing then using co-ordinated team work to bring it back to base...

HC CTF is a camper fest with the way it stands..please sort it out 

You just used "camper fest" in the same post as you talking about camping in the enemy spawn and hidden... and so everything you said is illogical.

In actuality, the KILL tag reduces camping and forces the flag carrier to move or be eliminated. It is not our fault you or your team can't effectively wrest control of the flag back with a coordinated effort!

HUZZAH to IW for bringing back Hardcore CTF!!!!!!! HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor no...you obviously THINK you know what you are talking about and havent a clue about tactical gameplay..

You say that we camped with the flag in their base but there is a huge difference in sitting waiting for kills and outsmarting your opponents!...You seem to love that its simple and straight forward for you and you can always know where someone is at all times..you are a typical BAD player that needs as much help as possible..

How can you say that knowing where the flag is, stops flag camping!? The flag is at a certain point where everyone can see and the enemy know exactly where everyone is coming from. this encourages it!

You are the perfect example of the general CoD community...No sense, No tactical thoughts at all, run and push hard for try hard medals and no skill involved...typical crap...

I also pushed hard for HC CTF and I am disgusted how it turned out.  All that seemed to happen was people trying to spawn trap these horrible spawns in the this game.  No one was running for flags no one was playing the game mode.  It seemed like the game mode was more get 1 flag capped so we win and spawn trap and try to be "beast" and get a MOAB.  Granted yes while my clan played HC KC if someone was on a good streak we would avoid tags for the MOAB.  Although we really did not "spawn trap" as there are only a few maps that you can really get a good trap set up in KC.  The spawns and flag placement in this game is just rubbish pure rubbish.  Arkaden is played SUPER small mostly people running on the outside of the "mall" because that is the were BOTH flags are.  You can just about tube from 1 flag to the other.  Yes there are strategies for you to run through the mall to get the drop on people but its still very little action in the mall (were most of the action is on all other play lists).  There were only 3 of us on at that the so maybe it will be different when we have a whole clan.  Maybe we will turn into loser ass spawn trapers just because people will think thats how your "good" at HC - CTF.  I think I'm just upset with this game that was built up to great and turned out for a turd.  The only people that still try to defend this game is the MW2 fanboys that think there "beast" for getting MOABS while 360 quick scooping.  All I can hope for is that 3arch isn't going to try and pick up these lame fanboys with BO:2, Let them fade out with the MW series.