15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2012 10:54 AM by Scott240991 RSS

Scar L or ACR?

I am trying to decide which one to use. The biggest difference I can see is that the Scar is 5 shots at long range, and the ACR is only 4. So it would be better to use the ACR. Is there anything I am missing though? What is the Scar better at?

Also, can somebody link me to a range statistics chart (distance vs damage)? I want a graph with lines that show the dropoff. The denkerson range chart is only an estimate, so it's not good. He said that himself. I remember coming across an accurate one yesterday, but I CAN'T FIND IT ANYMORE fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

• Re: Scar L or ACR?
    Snipingdbag

Scar is better unsilenced on the smaller / mid big maps do to its fire rate being better. The g36c is a 4 hit kill beyond its max damage range but lacks range with a silencer.

I would just go with the ACR silenced and focus as it's the best rounded ar as it's so precise and accurate with a shitload of power all ranges, but not if you play head on constantly, I would pick a (RF) smg (pp90 or the mp7) or one of the faster firing ars (scar, g36c, m4a1 needs stability though imo or the Fad)..

coltfirearms

I am pretty sure the ACR has a way higher fire rate then a Mk16 (miltary designation for SCAR L). I am like 99% sure.

HotRodGod

mk16 ?

coltfirearms

HotRodGod wrote:

mk16 ?

The military designation for the SCAR L. While Mk17 is the designation for the SCAR H.

Snipingdbag

Maybe if you host while playing the scar.

http://symthic.com/mw3charts.php

coltfirearms

Snipingdbag wrote:

Maybe if you host while playing the scar.

http://symthic.com/mw3charts.php

I was thinking that the guns were closer to their real life counter parts but sadly I am mistaken. In real life the ACR rate of fire is a lot higher and the Mk16/SCAR L is slower then what it says in the link. I stand corrected. In the video game the Mk16 does shoot faster.

On the side note I have never realized that the rate of fires are way off real life counter parts. What the hell is with the FAD having more then double it's real life rate of fire? I am also curious as to how IW even found out about it because I had never heard of it until MW3 came out. That and the FMG9.

HotRodGod

Gotcha...

I asked a saltly gunny one time just to be a smart ass, whats the max effective range on his M4 was......he said.....i dont care how far this thing shoots, i just know the sound it makes when it kills....

Hahahaha, everyone laughed then he gave me duty on the weekend....

No bueno !!!!

off topic but yur reply reminded me of it

SoG_Hanix_PC

Gotta love the military. I was once told that the difference between stupid and hardcore was some one who is stupid does stupid things just because, while some one who is hardcore does them because he has to.

Anyways, the SCAR-L fires much faster in the game then the ACR. If you like to use a silencer, I'd go with the ACR; but if you prefer to go without, a SCAR-L with Kick is just as, if not more of an effective close range weapon than the ACR. Personally, I prefer the Silencer, so I go with the ACR.

SULLY130EighT

I prefer the SCAR on large maps With lots of open range. And the ACR on Medium - Large maps that provvide a lot of cover. But ACR with Marksman is beast if you shoot in bursts.

Thats kind of backwards - the ACR is great on open maps with lots of long distance site lines - where the SCAR might have an edge on close to medium range engagements.

Still all in all the ACR is by far the best gun in the game - you can almost use it on all the maps and do well.

I have used ACR thro alot of prestiges but have recently started using the scar and find it very accurate. i run both with focus and silencer. I probably use the acr more on the medium maps. Interchange, village, foundation, santuary = scar

Izjar11

Both are different, but preferably the ACR is my preference.

Acr is better for long shots as you can full auto it and it's 1 less bullet to kill.

The scar is a good gun tho with extended mags scavenger and silencer

Scar for me

I think both guns are quite similar in performance...but the ACR probably edges it, though i'd still happily use the Scar