27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 1:22 AM by ap0stl3 RSS

Dash Boarding and Signing Out while In-Game.

They should really do something about this. It becomes old, when you are having a great game, but because the host has a non-legit 500+ win/loss ratio, he goes to the Dash Board or Signs out of his profile, ending the game while making sure it doesn't count. Even if it does end beacuse of "Transmission Error",  than the game should still count. I garuntee you that all the people with 500+, or even 50+, win/loss ratio would be near non-existent. No Call of Duty has ever worked on this, and I think Treyarch should step up and end this rant of sour losers. Besides, isn't this considered "Boosting" for wins?

• Re: Dash Boarding and Signing Out while In-Game.
    avengedyesterday

I don't care about people dashing to save their stats, doesn't make them any less of a horrible player. The game should however catch the host dropping the connection and force a host migration instead of completely ending the game. Like you said, seem's like they only do it when i'm having a good game.

OMFGimJOE

The only time I'm okay with it is if you join a losing match. ( I dont even do it then).

It's only really annoying when it's the host.

What ever happened to the supposed "resets" people were getting when dashboarding after MW3 came out?

I agree but....

Mines 60+ Legit, have a few on my friends list that are 100+ legit.  There are 15 or 16 of us in the clan with about 6 or 7 more "casual" players that will play with us every now and then.  We play HC KC and almost always 6 deep. We have been beaten by other 6 deep teams plunty of times, its were almost all my losses come from.  But in random match making its a pure numbers game most all of us have upwards of 1.5 k / d (in KC it does matter your K / D but doesn't mean everything) vs randoms.  I DO AGREE with you that there needs to be a way to tell easier if someone is legit or not.  If they just even add a "disconnect" in the w/l we would be able to tell if someones a bit more legit.  For example someone who was like 100 / 20 with 3 disconnects you would think well he's close to legit if you saw someone 100 / 20 with 20 disconnects you would really think that guy is more like 100 / 35ish maybe 100 / 30ish (10 legit disconnects form other people raging).  I do understand that even this system is flawed when you get into high amount of games ex 1000 / 300 with 100 disconnects.  It would be somewhat hard to tell if he had 100 disconnects or not I mean 1300 games is quite a bit and with the way people rage quit in MW3 that number wouldn't be surprising.   

xblbw

Maybe they could do something about it. I don't know how the hosting works, but if the host holds all the stats and data, the host could continously broadcast that data to the other players. in the event the game is ended, as long as one of the other players is still connected the data would be retained.

I think, based on zero knowlegde and experience, that might effect the connectivity overall.

I would prefer better conectivity over worse, stats don't matter if you can't have an enjoyable game.

gallp13

Dont care...anyway how do you differentiate between dashboarding and mw3 style connectivity fail?

It's hard to determine sometimes if the person is dashing out because they are having a bad game, or just really had to go. Maybe they could implement a system that would punish an abuse of dashboarding, but it would take up too many resources I would imagine. I guess while they have this kind of matchmaking system we'll have to deal with it.

Treyarch or Infinity Ward should work on a negative-EXP system so if you backed out then you lose what ever amount of EXP.

Yes, I do agree with this. Fairplay to the people who do this, and want to save their stats, but they should do something about selecting hosts, and make sure the connects don't drop. Understand your thinking.

iivrruummii

I don't think there should be just a penalty for Dashboarding/Signing out, but for quitting in the middle of the game.  You should either take a XP loss for 5 games or something similar to keep people in the game.  Now if there was a penalty for quitters then I would be a happy camper.

xblbw

You already get penalised, the game is recorded as a loss. But who cares? If your lagging your arse off and you have a team of muppets your going to lose anyway.

iivrruummii

You should still get penalized for quitting, ENOUGH SAID.  I don't care if you are lagging, or the other team is better, or that your mom turned off your xbox.  Quitting should be punished.  I don't care how but it is necessary.  If you quit 3 or more times in an hour, you should get penalized for 30 min or so without gaining xp.  Just because you get a "loss" doesn't keep people in the game.  Most of the community doen't even care if they win.  I am just throwing up suggestions to fix the problem.

xblbw

The problem for me is lag comp and connectivity. I am not going to play a game where I may as well not have a gun. If those things can't be fixed, how can people be held to account?

If that gets me banned for 30mins. Great. Save me from sitting there like a d#%k trying to get a decent game for an hr.

Others I have seen are tryting to preserve a KD of 3.5 or similar. There will always be a range of reasons why people quit / dashboard. The individual in question will think those reasons are legitmate (maybe they are maybe they are not, depedning on a third parties point of view).

There is nothing on this earth that will stop me from quiting a laggy game up to and including my xbox being set on fire remotely.

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. If it's not, I'll be finished with it.

Sledgehammer23248

i'm sorry, but i guess i'm one of the few that disagree.  but if i join a match and the host has a poor connection and i'm lagging to the point that i can't hit someone at point blank range, then i'm not playing in that game.  i pay a fair amount for my internet service and i don't get to play many hours so when i do play, i'm going to play in games where it's fair and i'm not lagging.  so if there is lag, i'm back out!  if you can't fix lag, then leave it the way it is.  if lag is fixed, then fix the "back-outers"...

ill-lll

The whole punishment idea is ridiculous. Simply fix the two core issues with dashboarding and there is no need for punishment.

The first is the game ending without a migration. We asked for them to prevent this around the release of Black Ops 1 (and again near MW3) but they still haven't perfected it yet. If the host is no longer sending/receiving data, there needs to be a failsafe in place to successfully migrate the game to another host.

The second is with the way stats are being recorded. For whatever reason, every CoD title does not record certain stats until the match has ended. No one has really broken down why this is, but we can assume it is because those stats are sent by the client itself at the end of the game. A partial fix could be the host sends that data (who was in the match, what their score was, if they won or lost). Then the host could transmit those stats as soon as the player leaves along with a loss, without having to hold onto it until the end of the match. If the host is the one dashboarding then that system wouldn't work, but a creative developer could be looking into solutions for that, too.

It may be complicated but they've had over 3 years since we've started asking for it.

iivrruummii

The whole punishment idea is not ridiculous. It is NEEDED.  Stats don't mean squat.  But punishing some for quitting too much and then getting a 30min XP ban is NECESSARY.  Quitting=Punishment.

otisman666

iivrruummii wrote:

The whole punishment idea is not ridiculous. It is NEEDED.  Stats don't mean squat.  But punishing some for quitting too much and then getting a 30min XP ban is NECESSARY.  Quitting=Punishment.

I support this line of thinking.  The only people that are against something like this are the cowards that choose to quit games. 

Granted Blops did have the dashboarding loss factor, but they need to a step farther now.  Honestly though, it's a pointless discussion here as the devs don't follow anything that goes on on these boards.

ap0stl3

Halo Reach does that and I also think it would be a good idea for BO2.  For those saying if you're lagging, losing, etc., stay in the dang game.  If you're lagging, find a corner and lay there and take your loss.  You get a loss anyway for quitting so might as well stay in the game. 

iivrruummii wrote:

They fixed in it BO to where you took a loss even if you dashboarded.