2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 10:13 AM by mufdasampson RSS

Should the airstrike be easier to get than a predator (or whatever the equivalent is in BO2)

I often find myself getting doubles with the pred and never hitting any with the airstrike. therefore, it is weaker and it should be available before the predator missile.

Amirite?

• Re: Should the airstrike be easier to get than a predator (or whatever the equivalent is in BO2)
    nicedrewishfela

Think this may be premature until we know the killstreaks better, but Preds seem fine where they are. The challenge with Air Strikes is that they require communication to be successful, while Preds just require the player to see and make the kill. I think the Airstrikes in MW3 were highly ineffective to begin with, unfortunately. In BlOps, however, the equivalent of the Pred <the Valkyries> did come after the Napalm strike but required more skill to master. I call them the equivalent because what worked for me was to fire them straight up, then guide them just as I would a Pred. I think, however, its fine how it is because the airstrikes have the potential for large multi-kills. While a Pred can do the same, its not technically intended for that purpose.

The perfect airstrike, to me, was the Rolling Thunder in Black Ops. That thing was awesome.