30 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2012 2:10 AM by Film_Not_Rated RSS

domination and bad team mates

so every dom player knows who im talking about, the people that run past even the first flag to get their camper spots and play tdm and get nothing but moabs and high killstreaks. ladies and gentleman, i introduce the smoke grenade. perfect cover for capping flags and perfect to through at camping team mates who arent helping haha. they get so mad they usually back out. esp if you can do it ninja style and have em guessing who is throwing em haha. in an age of no more prestiging and gold guns done. its good to spice it up a bit.

• Re: domination and bad team mates
    Thedestoyer

That is pretty smart... and funny. lol

When I played DOM I would run into people like that all the time! Of course we'd lose the game, but they'd go 35-3 or something along those lines. Unbelievable.

Heroslayer44

I was playing Dom today, and I had a bunch of team mates running past enemy flags, and those flags had no one around them, yet they ran past them and camped, and of course, we lose because half the team doesn't play Dom like it's suppose to be played

creepingxdeth90

I play with a group of guys who almost always play domination. Our first priority is securing two flags. After that it's whatever you want to do as long as we still have those two flags. We constantly play against guys who run behind our spawn and do nothing but kill us. End result: we win 200-100 and the guy goes 40-5 and tells us how bad we are at the game...

People always play Domination for the kills, which is odd. Each game takes around 10 minutes to complete. The average person goes for around 20-30 kills in that time. Kills count as 50 instead of 100. In TDM you could have played 2 games gotten the same number of kills and they would have counted for more :\ lol

I'm confused with Call of Duty though. They have set domination up to reward capturing points, at 150 each(3x that of a kill) but it's more practical to capture 2 bases and defend. Almost every game I've played with a game type similar to dom is set up like this. Don't care what anyway says, I'll always believe the capture 2 and hold method is the best.

SirMaXx

actually love the smoke idea for dom and campers will be setting that up soon

Proclaimor

Totally annoying on village we spawn on A and half the team runs into the cave away from every objective and gets us spawn trapped. I equip riot shield and proceed to bash every useless camper ad infinitum.

Like the smoke idea, pretty funny...

I dunno why people use Dom for their kill whoring when you can hang a game of HQ out much longer...

All the Kill Whores I know get 30 to 50 in Dom but 50 to 70 in HQ...

I like to get the quick WIN personally, but I am all anout the Objective, unless I'm with people that want to hang a match out. That isn't often...

Quasifrodo1

I don't see kill whores as a bad thing on Dom, wait for it just so I don't get flamed. The good ones will win you a game with constant kill streaks and air support.

However, it's the wannabe kill whores that are the problem, they rush and flip spawns never getting more than a spy plane for a kill streak, most think they are beast with reaper/AC-130/osprey setups.

I play a lot of Dom and I am not a kill whore (don't have the ability for it) I play with a few players that I used to think we're beasts, don't get me wrong they are very good and get high kill streaks but I have only played with one player I would class as truly amazing.

We played 1 game against him and then one of our party sent a good game message to him and we ended up lobbying up.

It was as if he was putting on a clinic in how to play cod

Game 1 - Moab, not your normal camp a spawn run around behind the other team, capping flags like they were going out of fashion even on his Moab streak

Game 2 - Assault set up as above that he cycled through 3 times again still capping while on streaks

Game 3 - support 4 EMP's in one game!

I guess my point is if you can kill who're and get the win then great but if you can't, which is probably 90% of the people that try it then don't. Be sensible and play to your strengths, set kill streaks you can attain regularly. I used to run pred/air strike/chopper because I new if I got the first I would get all three. I could also get through these 4-5 times a game

Quasifrodo1 wrote:

I don't see kill whores as a bad thing on Dom, wait for it just so I don't get flamed. The good ones will win you a game with constant kill streaks and air support.

However, it's the wannabe kill whores that are the problem, they rush and flip spawns never getting more than a spy plane for a kill streak, most think they are beast with reaper/AC-130/osprey setups.

I play a lot of Dom and I am not a kill whore (don't have the ability for it) I play with a few players that I used to think we're beasts, don't get me wrong they are very good and get high kill streaks but I have only played with one player I would class as truly amazing.

We played 1 game against him and then one of our party sent a good game message to him and we ended up lobbying up.

It was as if he was putting on a clinic in how to play cod

Game 1 - Moab, not your normal camp a spawn run around behind the other team, capping flags like they were going out of fashion even on his Moab streak

Game 2 - Assault set up as above that he cycled through 3 times again still capping while on streaks

Game 3 - support 4 EMP's in one game!

I guess my point is if you can kill who're and get the win then great but if you can't, which is probably 90% of the people that try it then don't. Be sensible and play to your strengths, set kill streaks you can attain regularly. I used to run pred/air strike/chopper because I new if I got the first I would get all three. I could also get through these 4-5 times a game

Thanks and yeah I know I am that good, but I ddn't want to brag...

LOL, in my dreams ay...?

The guy Quasi is talking about is a Lost Boy (=LB=)

By the name of ZUES... Truly superb player...

Only thing wrong in that story is it was Zues who sent me the GG message after we played against him...

I think he respected the fact that we lost that game fighting like our own lives depended on the WIN, and we were objective to the max...

Also it has to be said that after palying several games with him in our party, it came to light that his Ego didn't match his talent. He is one of the most down to earth and humble CoD BEASTS you will ever talk to...

gallp13

LOl I'll try this........will be fun

Counter strategy - toss a C4 pack in there and double tap X to detonate. Because it has more explosive power than frags or semtex it's better at clearing the smoky area of hostiles.

AComatoseIbex wrote:

Counter strategy - toss a C4 pack in there and double tap X to detonate. Because it has more explosive power than frags or semtex it's better at clearing the smoky area of hostiles.

He means "Smoke Out" a camping Kill Ho team mate so they can't see...

shadow7056

I use recon on oasis its really helpfull on b flag. but i have seen an increase in smoke gernades, but thats where marksman helps on my mk14 class.

JSlayer211

Lol love the smoke grenade idea.

I used to get into games with people like that all the time. Now, I only play dom if I can get a 5-6 man team going. Playing an objective based game requires a team that you can work with and randoms are just setting yourself up for failure. I have had a teammate spawn off me while im capping a flag and they run off without even helping me cap. Sometimes, I would die behind that as the flag goes hella slow for one person capping.

electricfuneralfire

I run right past spawn flag to cap B flag at the start of the match lol. I'll tell you something I see alot. I'll run all the way to a flag or die and spawn by a flag and see a couple people spawn right there and not even notice they just spawned by a flag we need to cap and rush off to wherever they think they need to be. Then I have to cap the flag by myslef and end up getting killed cause it takes forever.

I love when my team wins a game and Im playing against obvious kill farmers. No one on my team end up with over 30 kills and the other team has like 2 or 3 dudes with 30-40 even 50+ kills.

Quasifrodo does bring up a good point. You can kill farm and still help your team. If they call in some airstrikes, predetor missles and etc in the right spots at the right times. Im usually happy if the killfarmers at least have enough since to hail fire down on a flag our team needs to cap instead of just killing random enemies running around. If I get an AC-130 (outta of a care package) and I notice a teamate around a flag and no one else even seems to be near the area, I will rain down fire to make sure my dude gets the cap. As a matter of fact, I wont even take the time to kill an enemy thats not close to a flag. I just bombard the bomb sites as needed.

JSlayer211

I will sometimes run past the first flag to cap the B flag at the beginning of the match. However, that is dependent on the map. In some cases B flag is so far from the initial spawn that it will not help you cap the flag any better. Other maps (ex. Hardhat) I will grab the usas with extreme conditioning and be half done capping the flag before enemies even turn around the corner.

electricfuneralfire

Good point. Honestly I never cap the spawn flag at the start. Everyone else does it so I just go start working on B flag. I always look at the mini map tho just to make sure my team is capping it. I just started playing Dom tho so I have much to learn.

opb81

Nothing wrong with trying to get the b flag right away, just usually works out better if you have at least one teammate with you.  Another tip is pay attn to how quick it takes for the enemy to cap their home flag if it is quick then good chance they are all on it so b may be open. If it takes longer keep your eyes open in case they had the same idea to rush b.

i like the smoke idea to annoy campers, i dont play dom much solo but may have to try this next time i do.

CowboySr

Actually kind of funny

nicedrewishfela

Good points. I don't play a lot of Domination, but have played enough to see what you mean. Watch these stupid MOAB videos, 9/10 of them are by guys who are not playing the objective, camping somewhere to get kills.

Im a big dom fan and the game modes at its all time low over here.People not caring about a win or a loss nor the concept that the side thats holding the dominate posistion on the map gets the advantage.I see lots of players with 50- 60 thousand kills and only 2 thou caps and w/l ratios under .50 the funny thing is there k/ds are still under 2 normally so there actually failing in every sense of whatever game style there trying to play and  are just wasted space in the lobby . Play the objective with a win at all cost  do what ya have to do mentality or GTFO simple really aint it... My thoughts is all

DemonHunter777

Ummm.... I run by the flag, but I run and gun and fight to flip the spawn

nicedrewishfela

I don't think thats who he has an issue with. Its those who run by flags and then camp for kills. Its good strategy to have some run by the first flag. If everyone sits and caps, forward progress is delayed. He is referring more to selfish kill campers who never play the objective.

david91823

Im always going positive and always make the effort to win it for the team

i played yesterday on interchange and had a teammate go 88-4. didnt even cap the first flag right of the bat. what a tool. we all went 3-4 deaths getting c and b but he didnt mind at all. the next match on seatown. 3 of us smoked him out haha. he ended up leaving. im telling you if you try it its so funny. and if a couple of people do it its even better.

thermal...scope....?

If you wanna run straight to B at the start, then here is a PRO TIP,

Start with a USAS and so long as you don't shoot it before you get there you can switch to your desired class when you get there...

Good news for LMG users because you can sprint like a champ to B and switch to your LMG in time for the enemy rush...

I think it's 10 seconds until you are stuck with your starter class...

dude i hate those people like i capture and defend flags and still i can get my kills that i need like one game i went 47-12 and i captured and defend the flags we ened up wining 2

Film_Not_Rated

Would do this... On another account. Like the idea, lol. Honestly this would be perfect had OMA been in the game.

Would be pretty funny to get a team of 6 to 9 just throwing smoke nades all over the map. Even better if OMA was some how in the game.

(Not supporting OMA.)