15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 10:28 PM by greenfox394 RSS

Allow Reporting While on Elite Website!

greenfox394

As many people have noticed, there are a lot more boosters now that we have Face-Off maps.  There are also now leaderboards for the clans which makes many boosters easy to find.  Recently I have been clicking on these clans only to find out that all of the players are absolutely horrible.  Many of them haven't even played for the past 10 days which means they are most likely banned for now. 

However,  I then found 1 player who had been boosting in the Face-off matches with one of his friends.  They both put it on 2v2 and simply killed the (1) player.  Apparently, the fact that he has gone 72-2 for the last 24 matches isn't noticable and I thought it would be nice to have a report button.

Plus on Elite it should be much easier to distinguish boosters considering you can select specific games where that player has boosted...I mean over the past week I have seen over 24 final care-pack kill emblems which were obviously boosted by most players..

• Re: Allow Reporting While on Elite Website!
    obee72

Great idea, like it.

I found 15+ boosters on Elite earlier this week and reported them all to @IWEnforcers but nothing had happened to them. It appears @IWEnforcers has gone very quiet.

I reported 3 people back in may to bancandy and just checked and nothing looks like it happened.

greenfox394

Yeah I checked out their profiles and neither of them have been on in over 2 weeks.  I was going to send the names of the people in question, but it seems pointless.  I am finally able to post on these forums again, but there is no dedicated report system in place.

Boosting isn't as bad as hacking, but it still annoys me.  I worked hard for some of my emblems/challenges and other people simply got them in 1 day from boosting.  I mean, what is the point of bragging about your win/loss or k/d if you boosted to get it?

azn_chic

you have that much time on your hands? enough time to waste, that you sit in front of your computer screen and troll the Elite site searching for boosters?

obee72

I do it inbetween games, using the iPad, by checking high prestige players and their game time. Usually find one suspicious one every so often.

azn_chic

I'll sometimes look up people I've played with that seemed "too" good to be at the level they are at, but I never just get on the Elite site clicking on random players. That's a little too "stalker-ish" haha

greenfox394

Apparently you didn't read my entire reply.  I never clicked on random players.  I simply clicked on the top 4 clans for the clan leaderboards and noticed that the top clan was horrible.  So I then clicked on some of their members and  found basically all of them were boosters.  Then I clicked on the next clan and found some more.  

Writing this topic took longer than it did to find these boosters.  However, if they did allow reporting on Elite, I would probably spend half an hour after gaming searching for boosters.  Does this mean I have a lot of time on my hands?  Not really, you choose to spend all your spare time at home gaming and on these forums, whereas I would rather spend some of it getting cheaters banned.  I take enjoyment in getting hackers and boosters banned.  Plus, I'm guessing I could find over 100 boosters in that amount of time.  I mean if there are other people out there similar to myself, we could remove a lot of cheaters from this game. 

I miss the times when the leaderboard actually meant something.

azn_chic

greenfox394 wrote:

Apparently you didn't read my entire reply.  I never clicked on random players.  I simply clicked on the top 4 clans for the clan leaderboards and noticed that the top clan was horrible.  So I then clicked on some of their members and  found basically all of them were boosters.  Then I clicked on the next clan and found some more. 

So you clicked on the top four clans, and then decided to click on RANDOM members in those clans? If you played with these people, and then noticed that something was off and you looked them up on Elite, that would not have been random.

greenfox394 wrote:

I miss the times when the leaderboard actually meant something.

You miss the times when the leaderboard actually meant something? What did it mean exactly? That you dedicated a lot of time on the game, perfecting your "skill"? Were you rewarded for being on the leaderboards, paid like it was your career? Damn! I should not have dedicated so much of time on getting my degrees, I should have spent most of my time on this game trying to get to the top of the leaderboards.

greenfox394

Sigh....the definition of random is to choose something without a method.  I had a method when choosing the players I looked up.  Randomly choosing someone would be to type, lets say, "banana" into the search bar and click on the players that popped up..

As of right now I only have an Associates degree and am roughly 20 credits away from my Bachelors.  I don't get what that has to do with the leaderboard or MW3.  MW3 is what one does in their spare time, not for their career.  I am pretty good at this game but not a top player. However, I do like to compare myself to the top players.  Not sure why that upsets you....

opb81

I like the idea and have suggested it before as well. The reason I think it should happen is along with the report a link to the suspicous game should be sent as evidence. Not everyone wants to take the time to make a video render it then send it in seprately to iwenforcers or bancandy, having it built into elite makes sense. Because it makes sense would also be a good reason as to why beachhead has not incorporated it yet.

Dropshot935

Yeah, they should make it so you can report things in that persons vault, or their recent games displayed on elite. Ie, the game where someone goes 72-2 has a report button under it, and if you click it, the game is flagged and sent to enforcers who can examine if it was legit domination or boosting.