35 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 4:00 PM by ARGPreNadeee RSS

Terminal

People who dont want Terminal i ask you why its one of the best maps from mw2 and i think it would make a great fit to MW3 Discuss

• Re: Terminal
    CowboySr

Cause I still own my MW2 disc and want new maps not old ones.

OMFGimJOE

Have you found a way to play MW2 with MW3 weapons?

Because I havent.

I welcome old maps, as long as they're free.

W7PSK

Cowboy have you played.  I really dont want to venture

into a completely overrun hacked game.  but it

would be fun to have the old maps.  Something new

to take away the pain of the Crap Spawns and lag

comp, if they are free that is.  I wouldnt pay again

but it might be a nice sorry for the problems prize.

jwaller123

W7PSK wrote:

Cowboy have you played.  I really dont want to venture

into a completely overrun hacked game.  but it

would be fun to have the old maps.  Something new

to take away the pain of the Crap Spawns and lag

comp, if they are free that is.  I wouldnt pay again

but it might be a nice sorry for the problems prize.

I'm not Cowboy, but my son plays MW2 quite frequently. He plays HC HQ richochet pro mostly. I have watched him play here and there and it seems that all is good to go. (at least in that mode) He did say he got into a slow-mo lobby once or twice but that's it.

But it's free. What don't people understand???? It's just a take it or don't type thing, why do people complain?

Just add this on the other threads. No need to make 10 threads for the same topic

This is not just about Terminal ^ Its about why people dont want it

it one of the worst maps from mw2 id rather of had rust, skidrow, sub base or scrapyard thats without the ones in the dlc

ValleyYeti

this is a perfect example of people wanting something to complain about.  People will complain about a FREE map no matter what it is.  new maps are coming.  those you pay or paid for.  this is FREE. 

there is something to be said for gratitude.

so i should be gratefull for a old terrible map just because its free ? what a load of bollocks how about instead of them being lazy they come up with more new maps not old ones done up and these stupid faceoff maps

OMFGimJOE

They have a schedule. You can see on the Content Calendar that they have all of the releases planned.

This doesnt count as a release of Elite.

It's Free.

They arent going to add more new MP maps other than the ones shown on the CC.

Stop complaining, it's Free.

i dont give a f*ck if its free simple fact is iw are to bloody lazy to come up with new full maps so they pass off crap like terminal and this face off crap hoping thats we will all be gratefull

OMFGimJOE

THEY ARE MAKING NEW MAPS, YOU CAN SEE THE CONTENT CALENDAR. All of the new maps they are planning on making is are shown there. Porting Terminal doesnt take away from new maps, at all.

Again, this doesnt count for the Elite maps. Elite maps will be new. Terminal doesnt count against Elite maps that will be released. Those will all be new. Terminal doesnt count as an Elite release. Elite maps will be new. Terminal doesnt count against Elite maps that will be released. Those will all be new. Terminal doesnt count as an Elite release. Elite maps will be new. Terminal doesnt count against Elite maps that will be released. Those will all be new. Terminal doesnt count as an Elite release. Elite maps will be new. Terminal doesnt count against Elite maps that will be released. Those will all be new. Terminal doesnt count as an Elite release.

i know its not a elite map what im getting at is how lazy they are after all of the trouble with the game they could of least give us a new map instead of a old map which by the sounds of it no one wants.

and another thing why didnt thery give the fans a vote of which map they wanted once again it just shows how lazy they are

CowboySr

They have a schedlue? Appraently you have a short memory from last months collapse. OP wants to know why I dont care about terminal, its cause I want new maps, not old ones. I dont care about using MW3 gunds on MW2 maps. Just want the new maps we were promised. The DLC has been a huge dissapointment for me. What has been released so far has been the worst of all of the cod series combined. Spec ops and Faceoffs are not maps. The only map I like is Oasis but its not worth playing overwatch, liberation and Pizza to get to play it.

OMFGimJOE

Have they been releasing what they said were going to?

It says we will be getting 2 MP maps this month.

This month lasts from July 1st to July 31st. As long as 2 MP maps are released somewhere in that timeframe, then they are on schedule.

If they said "you'll get 2 maps on July 17th", and we didnt get them without an explanation, then I'd agree that you have a right to complain.

And if you dont want Terminal, Dont download it.

CowboySr

We were supposed to get 2 new muliplayer maps 6v6 last month. Instead they didnt make their deadline and threw faceoffs at us. Remember?

Cowboy you always seem to be annoyed, why?

I understand your complaints with the face-off maps,but Overwatch and Piazza are not bad maps, and a free map is a free map.

I paid for Elite and I suffer badly from the lag or whatever is broken in this game, but if IW want to give me old free maps then I will gladly take them.

CowboySr

Im not always annoyed. Im one of the biggest supporters of this game. But Elite and the DLC has been a joke. None of the people I play with even want to play the DLC because the maps blow and it takes forever to find a match due to them puttting the(do you want to disable dlc) feature in the game.  I really dont mind playing terminal, it was a so so map for me on MW2. But what irritates me is how easily the sheep forget that we should be getting new maps. But they can just change the content calendar again this month like they did last month and the sheep will go, "but we got face offs, but we got a free map". Well everything is supposed to be free for people like me that paid for premium so that theory doesnt apply.

Cowboy

Truth be told I would much rather the stop making maps at all for about 2 months, That would give them enough time to go in have a good look around and fix everything that is broke with this game , Lag,matchmaking, Spawns.

That is the best way they could reward us is game that works the way it should

CowboySr

Well my only problem with tha tis that we are only a couple months before this games shelf life goes off the radar. I would trade all of the time designers put into the crummy spec ops missions and face offs maps for one huge awesome map that fits into people differnt styles of play like the old crossfire map did from COD4. Im not saying bring back Crossfire, just use it as a template for what worls well.   This game is no laggier than previous titles. Matchmaking is an issue people disagree on. Some want local for the host even when bringing in people from long distances. Some want a middle ground host.  Spawns are broken cause these maps are too dang small. There comes a point where when a team is spread out, its inevitable to spawn near someone. Its the small maps!   Small maps work for search, nothing else.

TOSSER

I'd rather have Favela than Terminal.  But if it's free, I'll take it.

For all the problems with mw3 they should add all the old maps including mw and mw2 and create a separate playlist... I could go for some Backlot

scolia5044

While it will be fun for awhile Terminal will become boring i can see if it was a pack of 3 classic maps but i want new content brand new creative maps

WKMMS

Think there's a few reasons for the dislike.  First, not everyone likes Terminal (personally I love it) so there are bound to be folks that are disappointed it's not one of their own personal favourite maps. 

Second a lot of people have been disappointed with the quality of the DLC maps to date, particularly with having a bunch of maps dedicated to a particular playlist (face-off) and I think they would be happier that IW spent their time working on (in their opinion) better new maps than porting over old stuff that, let's face it, we probably all played to death.

Third... well... some people are just whiners that will find fault in anything, even a free map

Her here Wkmms... totally agree I loved Terminal the only other one That is better in my opinion is Scrapyard. and like you said free is free

i think people are idoits nowadays.

1) its a free map. If you don't like it don't download it.

2) your complaining about a map from an old game. Some players haven't played mw2 like me.

3) People complain about what the developers do about the game and some of you guys don't even have elite premium. They could have just gave you the game no dlc and still complain about getting content.

4) They really don't care about maps not being like because you don't sign their pay check. If you dont like he maps or game don't play. Just adjust to it if its sometime annoying.

CowboySr

No need for name calling.

1.) Its not that people dont like it, its that they want new maps.

2.)Most people have played MW2, you are in the Minority

3.) They people complaining about Terminal are premium members that want new content.

4.)Not sure what youre saying here, are you insinuating the developers dont care if we like their maps? Well thats a brilliant thought...  

OMFGimJOE

Again, this map doesnt count against new content that we're getting. All of those Slots on the Calendar are for new stuff.

Terminal is a map being released for free, and does not count against the new stuff we're getting.

TeamKillerMAC

But the new maps they make is pretty much utter crap.

Only thing I liked is Piazza, Foundation and Overwatch. The other maps I just don't like. So I am all up in hand for MW2 maps.

codchamp

I would love to play terminal without One man army and noob tubes.

riffy08

In reading the responses to this post and others about Terminal, it seems clear that there is no way IW could release one map from MW2 and make everyone happy.  It's so weird that people have differing views on what map is "best"!  I've got my opinions on the maps I liked from MW2, but I'll play Terminal and enjoy it...the more the merrier!

itribulationz

Plenty of other maps I'd rather have seen brought back, especially COD4 maps. Backlot, Crossfire, Creek to name a few.

HOWEVER, it's free, and I'll gladly take it. Terminal was an average MW2 map for me, but will still likely be surperior to most, if not all MW3 maps. Seems like people will always find something to ***** about. If getting a free map, new or not, is that bad, don't download it. The rest of us will enjoy playing on it without you just fine.

I agree toss in some old maps with a couple new