15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 2:37 PM by that6uy420 RSS

Lag issue totally solved

stonculd

Ok let me start out by saying this is not a Xbox 360 hate post. I loved my Xbox 360 and had lots of fun playing it so really don't have anything bad to say about the console. That being said I will get on with it. I recently bought a PS Vita and after finding out about the cross play, and remote play features plus that I could use some of the same older PS one games on both the Vita and PS3 it seemed to make sense to buy a PS3. So I switched over and got a copy of MW3, now I am not lagging at all. My K/D usually suffers at lower levels until I can get weapons and perks that I am comfortable with. Well After only a few levels my K/D is where it was when I was playing on Xbox and it is climbing as I have yet to really get used to the PS3 controller and have not yet obtained my loadouts that I am accustomed to this says a lot. I can really tell a big difference when it comes to lag and the game has become fun for me. It does make me wonder why it is like this and I am a bit upset about losing my Elite Premium, not to mention all the DLC I owned on my Xbox but I think I made a good decision in the long run. I also wonder about Xbox 360 getting first shot at the DLC if that is neccesarilly a good thing or have we just been the Beta testers in this particular game, but had to pay for it.

• Re: Lag issue totally solved
    Ellixander

The lag is a gamebreaker when its against you, I often wondered what it was like on ps3, waiting for the maps wouldnt bother me but I can see why ps3 elite members are miffed, I usually disable them as I dont like the new maps or the minute amount of people playing them, ps3 is still a bit expensive for me (the reason I went on xbox tbh) wonder if there are any good jrpgs on it....

stonculd

Well you can get the map packs for $7.50 a piece right now so not too much hurt on my wallet.  I don't think I will mind waiting for the maps now as long as the game works I am "happy happy happy" Sid the Duck Commander. Getting used to the controller is the biggest thing the Dpad is above the left stick instead of below and the right and left bumpers are upside down as compared to the Xbox 360 but there is an option to swap them. Having the sticks close together is also a little weird and the controller is way smaller. I am actually getting a blister on my left middle finger because I am not used to holding these controllers.

pj600r

Have to agree with you on this, I own both consoles and the lag is definately worse on the Xbox.

The consoles are both wireless to the router and I use wireless controllers on both, they sit side by side as well, but there is a marked difference in gameplay between them.

I actually prefer the PS3 controller as well the bumpers don't seem to have as much travel as the Xbox triggers and it's not because I have small hands either I'm 6ft 5 and my hands are huge but I have no trouble with the smaller controller.

I have no preference for either console I like them both, they both have good and bad points.

That is not true. I have had two different PS3 for MW3 and there has been lag on both. I have played on my friends xboxs and there has been lag. There is no difference in lag.

starbuckfrack

Got a N based router and all my hitmarkers are fine now for four days so far.

by personal experiance it lags so much cos the game seems to want me to play in a lobby full of continental europeans..

(i live in the UK)

they need to sort matchmaking properly.