33 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 10:26 PM by ChestSplittah RSS

xbox guy here thinking about changing

hey guy's i play on the xbox and my account is up and im fed up with having to pay to play online yeah perks xbox gets stuff first but i dont care to be honest. but my question is how is ps3 holding up what are it's pro's and con's  mw3 dlc is not an issue for me i can care less about that craptacular stuff so hit me with some info on how the game plays and how your system is holding up. graphics lag issues etc.......

thank you for your time everyone.

• Re: xbox guy here thinking about changing

Appears as the lag is the major factor in the game for alot of people. I come across it I just leave the match till I find one that is ok. I don't care bout stats, so I'll take the loss.  As for the system, the new ones are good. I am on my second PS3, I bought the first generation "fat". Have fixed it twice, now I just use it to watch movies, not to play games. But the "slims" seem to hold up well, no Issues with mine. I did upgrade the HDD to a 500g.

Rumour has it that a slimmer PS3 will be announced in August at Gamecom. I'd hold off till then if you can as the price will likely be 199

AR76

I wouldn't bother.  I have both systems and the xbox online component is better in my opinion.  For the PS3, most older games are hacked out the wazzoo, and many of the newer ones have really bad lag issues.  MW3 isn't as bad as others (namely Black Ops), but it has it's issues as well.  At least on xbox, when you run into a hacker or glitcher you can avoid them and never have to play with them again.  I back out of a match and five minutes later the same player is corner-glitching me in a new match.  Ultimately, it is your choice though.  Don't get me wrong PS3 does have its advantages and I do play it, so take that into consideration as well.

U_ABOUT_TO_DIE

I'm on ps3 and I play mw3 more than anyone I know and I haven't run into a hacker yet, but have seen YouTube videos of guys hacking the 360 version of the game. From my understanding you have to jail break your ps3 to use a lot of the hacks out there and if Sony notices your ps3 is jail broken they will ban it from the psn, also each system update makes the ps3 harder and harder to hack.

mdm123456789

Nomatter what anybody says,they're both the same. Only difference is the yearly subscription. I have ps3 and xbox360.

Dropshot935

They're not going to release a new Playstation 3. There's really no difference between XBL and Playstation Network, Xbox just has party chat, sending voice messages, and early DLC. I honestly am fine without that stuff. Playstation 3 is a blu ray player and has a ton of awesome exclusives. I recommend you pick up the Uncharted franchise when you switch. Just be warned, the lag comp is worse on Playstation 3. If you have a good connection beware.

Dropshot935

And by that, I mean for the Playstation 3 version of Modern Warfare 3. Anyone who says Playstation Network lags more than Xbox live is probably trying to justify that they spent $60 to play online. The sad thing is, online gamings so big, people basically have to pay on xbox to enjoy the rest of their game.

I like my PS3, no problems at all, and ofcourse the free online is nice. I see a lot of people complain about the lag, but if you have decent internet (although not good enough to pull host) then you should be fine most of the time. I do occasionally get disconnected randomly but that's almost unavoidable.

RexxCastle

an average game for me and most player,  empty a clip into the face of your enemy before he fire... then you fall over dead.

LETS GO TO REPLAY!!

You ran around the corner aiming in the sky and ran into a bush and never fired

Its honestly a great consle man. Free Internet, no red ring of death, money cards in stead of points, (personal opinion) better controllers.....Get one bro and welcome to the PSN family

I have both but only use my 360 to play online, only because you can't have a private party or chat on the PS3. I use my Ps3 for movies mostly. I've been hearing that a lot of the new games have better graphics on the PS3 now.

One good thing about the PS3 are the controllers are vastly superior once you get used to them if you are coming from a 360 background. The 360 controller layout makes absolutely no sense with the two analog sticks awkwardly off centered with the cross pad thing that you rarely use in the middle instead. The analog sticks on the PS3 have a better range of motion, move much more fluidly, are rounded and have a much smaller deadzone which makes them much easier to move in smaller increments. The 360 controller feels really cheap after you get used to the PS3 controller.

I really wish I could use my PS3 controller on my 360.

azn_chic

Have two PS3s right now. My fiance uses the Slim, while I use the "fatty". Both are in great working condition. Had the fatty since 2007, never had a problem with it. I personally like the PS3 controller over the Xbox controllers, I have small hands so it feels a lot better. My fiance is subscribed to Playstation Plus, every month he downloads a couple games for free, and buys more at a discounted price. This service is totally optional and does NOT affect online play.

As for graphics, I think that the PS3 has great graphics. Lag, is lag, I'm sure we PS3 players experience just about the same amount of lag as Xbox players do, from what I read in these forums.

Just do what I did and buy a 3DS with MW3 for the DS I dont regret it at all. w00t ftw!

tinedizzle

Another great thing about the PS3 is all of our games fit on 1 disc, and I personally have never had any lag issues with MW3.

wridtrvlr

Your making a switch for the best, that's for sure!  The graphics are far superior to xBOX and I definitely prefer the controller to that monster size thing they use on xBOX.  Yes, older titles are hacked, but they are hacked on xBOX as well...

40UP

Wait for the price drop on ps3's again before buying they submitted a new design for ps3 a price drop is coming. but there are deals out for ps3 mw3 bundles.

The PS3 Slims seem pretty bullet proof to me - so if money is at all an issue - I'd pick up a used Slim - should save quite a bit.

rustyroot

Only attraction for the xbox is the party chat facility and the ease at which you can connect just about any peripheral to it.

The ps3 was designed by retards who must have thought social gaming was when you stood at the newsagents buying your copy of gamesmaster magazine.

I have had both consoles over the last few years but always end up trading in the xbox as I dislike pretty much everything about the console, from the noisy fan to the childish avatar/ people things oh and the god awful controller.

However if you have loads of friends on the xbox then stay true to them mate, you will be getting your next console next year and you will have all the benefits of the ps3 on that console.Don't waste your money, save for the next xbox.

U_ABOUT_TO_DIE

I had the Xbox 360 and got the red rings of death. Currently using ps3 slim and the blu-ray drive died 6 months after I had it and Sony wanted to **** me for repair cost. I ended up buying a blu-ray laser and fixing it myself. Long story short both systems are crap. Let's hope they build the next gen consoles better. Personally I like the ps3 controller better plus it has free online gaming.

i have both systems and i have mw3 for both, for me i'm also tired of paying to play online. Once my subscription to xbox live is finished i will only play on the ps3. I find the game has a bit of better graphics on the xbox and it runs smoother on the xbox. The party chat is alot better on the xbox and i like how you can install the game onto the hard drive, playing mw3 on the ps3 just gets so noisy always reading from the game disc. i don't want to start no console ware, i'm just letting you know what i think. With all the pros for the xbox i still don't want to pay for online anymore. For people saying it plays the same it doesn't.

SULLY130EighT

You will get pretty annoyed with PS3 controllers. The right stick always wigs out. You will melee a lot when you're just trying to follow your enemy when shooting. And if you use the tactical layout, you go prone a lot when you're just trying to shoot the effin guy. Other than that, I'm glad I made the switch. PS3 doesn't have a all the features Xbox Live has. No fancy Dashboard and Trophys isn't as gratifying as achievements. But you pay one bill and that's your internet.

For me it plays better on the xbox, but you have to pay. I do have the game on both systems however. I'm competitive so I stick to the xbox. I have noticed the competition is much weaker on ps3, I'm not sure if everyone that has both sytems have noticed this, but it's the case for me.

its decided imma get a ps3 ha ha

Don't froget the PS+. From last month and this month, have 15 new games for free just for paying an equivalent price to XBOX Live. Check out these monster deals.

Virtua Fighter 5

Infamous 2

Little Big Planet 2

Ratchet and Clank - All 4 One

Warhammer 40,00: Space Marine (hella fun)

Just Cause 2

Saints Row 2

Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light

Hard Corp: Uprising

Choplifter HD

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone

Sideway NY

Gotham City Imposters

Renegade Ops

Pac Man Championship DX ( This game is the shite)

When was the last time you got so much from Live?

ChestSplittah

I have both. iif0xii talked me into investing in Xbox. Good choice if you are gamer. Nothing wrong with having a nice library to choose from.

kellysa111

Only thing I can think of that I hate about the PS3 is the lag, but then again, everything is laggy.

My ex has an Xbox and I have the PS3. I would take my PS3 to his house and we would play both console when we got bored with one.

He ended up buying a PS3 because he liked it and because it would help us play together when I was at my house.  The only reason he got the Xbox, he said, was because it has Forza.