27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2010 4:20 PM by masterrazor RSS

How to get sponsored for guitar hero 3

iamsimplythebest

I would say that i am running just under the skill of Ben (the 12 year old) and i am only 13 click the link to the video and check me out and any tips on getting sponsored can you leave bellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VSANeB3FI

• Re: How to get sponsored for guitar hero 3

You will probably have to at least fc that song.

duramiges

Sorry but based on that video, you are nowhere near ben. Practice some more then try again.

duramiges

After watching the whole vid, i am going to have to take back what i said. That was just plain suckage. My son who is nine at least five starred it with 300k but i am in no way saying that he is close to ben's skills. You will need A LOT of practice.

impatsman

give the kid a break. that's better than I could do and I'm......older than 13. but sponsorship? no, not yet. practice practice practice. and by the time you get good enough to get sponsored, nobody will be sponsoring GH players anyway. so learn to throw and catch a ball-that'll always be in vogue. 

themikers

How to get sponsored for guitar hero 3 ?

I know how :

Buy a GH t shirt and lie to your friends and familly !

the19thangle

themikers wrote:

How to get sponsored for guitar hero 3 ?

I know how :

Buy a GH t shirt and lie to your friends and familly !

good idea

clipps

You definitely have a lot to improve on. Don't waste your time. You are young. Shoot a basketball, throw a football around, play the piano. You'll end up with real sponsors with real money, and all the hot girls you can ever dream of.

iamsimplythebest

clipps wrote:

You definitely have a lot to improve on. Don't waste your time. You are young. Shoot a basketball, throw a football around, play the piano. You'll end up with real sponsors with real money, and all the hot girls you can ever dream of.

Yeh think about it what would you rather -- if your a footballer or basketball player you have to travel all over the state and sometimes further piano you have to sit infront of hundreds and sometimes thousands of people -- guitar hero you sit infront of your t.v and get 50 quid for something you normaly have fun doing for free

iamsimplythebest

duramiges wrote:

After watching the whole vid, i am going to have to take back what i said. That was just plain suckage. My son who is nine at least five starred it with 300k but i am in no way saying that he is close to ben's skills. You will need A LOT of practice.

Im sorry but if your son is 9 and can get 300k on that song then he is near to bens skills (unless your lieing) as bens score is only 370 somthing thousand and ben is 3 years older than your son ... If i had a brother or someone who was 9 and could play guitar hero that well I would be looking for the worlds best under 10 guitar hero world record (there soon will be one)

duramiges

iamsimplythebest wrote:

duramiges wrote:

Im sorry but if your son is 9 and can get 300k on that song then he is near to bens skills (unless your lieing) as bens score is only 370 somthing thousand and ben is 3 years older than your son ... If i had a brother or someone who was 9 and could play guitar hero that well I would be looking for the worlds best under 10 guitar hero world record (there soon will be one)

no, he is nowhere near ben's skills "yet". I agree that is a pretty good score for a nine year old bu then he only got 91% compared to ben's close to or even an "fc" i am not sure if he did or not. I quote fc because to be close to his skills you have to pretty much fc or being close to fcing the song.

clipps

iamsimplythebest wrote:

clipps wrote:

Yeh think about it what would you rather -- if your a footballer or basketball player you have to travel all over the state and sometimes further piano you have to sit infront of hundreds and sometimes thousands of people -- guitar hero you sit infront of your t.v and get 50 quid for something you normaly have fun doing for free

I would do anything to travel. That's one of the main reasons I joined the Air Force. The abundance of traveling a professional athlete has to do would get stressful after a while. It's also not easy to get infront of thousands of people and still try to play challenging songs almost flawless, but I would find it worth it in the end. it also is a great feeling 5 staring ttfaf or Thrasher on expert for the first time but don't count on Guitar Hero or Rock Band to get you anything significant. People that get sponsored by GH or) are straight up nuts like Chris, GHPhenom, priest, etc. But that is ubertard talent on those games. I was able to finally 5 star Thrasher on expertn but no way I would ever get sponsored by RB. Keep playing GH, but remember what's more important. Sorry if I'm sounding like a dad or annoying older brother, but thought I'd give you some advice on life. It's your life. Have fun with it. Education is most important. I'm 22 trying to make it in the Air Force but with the knowledge I have now, I wish I can be 13 again so I can take advantage of schooling, participating in extra curricular activities, sports and music/art

Enginn

iamsimplythebest wrote:

I would say that i am running just under the skill of Ben (the 12 year old) and i am only 13 click the link to the video and check me out and any tips on getting sponsored can you leave bellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VSANeB3FI

You are nowhere near Ben's skill, he is miles ahead of you. I am pretty good myself (Raining Blood FC) and I am not even thinking about sponsors since I'm not nearly good enough to get sponsored.

mbnasir6

Wow you are a lazy nerd.  How many people do you know are sponsored for playing guitar hero 3? I know 2 people in the world. And they were amazing at the game, and it all started years ago, when music games were popular. Now, no one will give a **** about you playing GH, especially if you can't FC some songs

iamthebest, wow what a great user name. Also xo you know how many peopl know what quid mean? Only people living in the UK, so use proper english. It's not ever gonna happen, stick to school and probably C's

iamsimplythebest

mbnasir6 wrote:

Wow you are a lazy nerd.  How many people do you know are sponsored for playing guitar hero 3? I know 2 people in the world. And they were amazing at the game, and it all started years ago, when music games were popular. Now, no one will give a **** about you playing GH, especially if you can't FC some songs

iamthebest, wow what a great user name. Also xo you know how many peopl know what quid mean? Only people living in the UK, so use proper english. It's not ever gonna happen, stick to school and probably C's

i dont know where the hell you have the idea of just 2 people in the world sponsored by activision... i know at least 30-40 people

iamsimplythebest wrote:

mbnasir6 wrote:

i dont know where the hell you have the idea of just 2 people in the world sponsored by activision... i know at least 30-40 people

activision doesn't sponsor ANYONE >_> 3rd party companies (usually video game stores) will do some sponsoring, but it's hard. i do remember chris (iamchris4life) getting a clothing deal after he fc'd ttfaf - but don't even dream of that

toymachineSH

Get 1st place on a song in Gh2 and then you can say you are anywhere close to as good as Ben.

clipps

iamsimplythebest wrote:

mbnasir6 wrote:

Face it. A sponsorship will not happen for you. You barely got a 4 star on slash. I've 5 starred every song that exists for GH and) including 400+ rbdlc(iyes, I have all the rediculous ones like Thrasher, Caprici, etc.) And I'm not even thinking of getting sponsored. Forget about GH, man. The game is awsome, both GH and RB, but remember, they are just video games. Play the piano if you want a real challenge. It's basically GH with 88 buttons and no strum bar. And girls love the piano. Every girl that I played GH/RB in front of got turned off. Girls love the piano. Especially when they want to mess with you like sitting on your lap and making out with you while attempting to play the piano. Can't say I ever had a girl do that when playing with a plastic guitar. Normally they are just sitting there rolling their eyes, waiting for me to finally finish. GH might get you 200-300 dollars, if you win a tourny against people who are retarded good. The piano, football, basketball, education can make you a millinaire, and then you can play all the GH until your arm falls off.

I'm basically telling you in a nice way to get a life

mbnasir6

clipps wrote:

iamsimplythebest wrote:

mbnasir6 wrote:

And girls love the piano. Every girl that I played GH/RB in front of got turned off. Girls love the piano. Especially when they want to mess with you like sitting on your lap and making out with you while attempting to play the piano. Can't say I ever had a girl do that when playing with a plastic guitar. Normally they are just sitting there rolling their eyes, waiting for me to finally finish.

Ha ha, very funny, girls don't find playing the "piano" as attractive as you think

the-neverend

mbnasir6 wrote:

clipps wrote:

iamsimplythebest wrote:

And girls love the piano. Every girl that I played GH/RB in front of got turned off. Girls love the piano. Especially when they want to mess with you like sitting on your lap and making out with you while attempting to play the piano. Can't say I ever had a girl do that when playing with a plastic guitar. Normally they are just sitting there rolling their eyes, waiting for me to finally finish.

My Ex-Gf got pissed at me due to excessive RB/GH playing(Not the reason why she broke up)

Oh, and, not only do I play piano, but I write songs too...and play drums...and xylophone...and can sing...but for some reason,I cant get a GF...Based on what your saying, I SHOULD HAVE EVERY GIRL IN MY CITY BEGGING ME TO PROM...

But sadly, nobody wants to go to prom with me

Let alone want to be "friends" with me...*sigh*...

I know this is totally off-topic too btw

Koric

Lol dude... close to ben's skills? Are you effing kidding me?

You got 380k on TTFAF 5 days ago... Ben had 750k 3 YEARS ago, back when he was 9!

You suck. Badly. You're worse than me and I don't even consider myself good at all. GTFO.

iamsimplythebest

Koric wrote:

You got 380k on TTFAF 5 days ago... Ben had 750k 3 YEARS ago, back when he was 9!

You suck. Badly. You're worse than me and I don't even consider myself good at all. GTFO.

yeh thats the thing 3 years ago i wasnt playing guitar hero not even 1 year ago i got the game back in june plus that 380k was abaslootly crap for me i normaly average about 450-500 k

Yeah... Dude. You have to practice like 18 hours a day, six days a week to be anywhere near as good as I am, let alone Ben... Seriously, unless you can put in the time, don't even try. You'll only get hurt.

clipps

iamsimplythebest wrote:

Koric wrote:

yeh thats the thing 3 years ago i wasnt playing guitar hero not even 1 year ago i got the game back in june plus that 380k was abaslootly **** for me i normaly average about 450-500 k

Kid, you will never get sponsored. You are not good enough. I went from easy to expert in GH3 within 2 weeks and had ttfaf 5 starred in less than half a year. Now, I hover around 650K and that's no where near good enough.

Enginn

iamsimplythebest wrote:

Koric wrote:

yeh thats the thing 3 years ago i wasnt playing guitar hero not even 1 year ago i got the game back in june plus that 380k was abaslootly **** for me i normaly average about 450-500 k

Exactly, you aren't getting sponsored

mbnasir6

Yeh it took Ben like less then a year to get so good at TTFAF, when he was 9

AND the fact that Guitar Hero was sort of a big thing then, name me these 30 - 40 people who are sponsored, who they are sponsored by, and how much money they earn

masterrazor

It seems to me that if you're TRYING to get sponsored, it won't happen. People who are that good just happen to be playing around and then get noticed by someone who can get them sponsored.

If you want to get paid to play games, learn how to write well and become a game tester.

If you are interested in sports or piano, then you've already received good suggestions. Personally I couldn't care less about sports or piano. I'm more interested in building computers and designing software. There's a market for just about anything you're interested in, but you have to put in a lot of time and effort and you have to go about it the right way. Unless you're absurdly good at a video game people are willing to pay to watch, testing is probably the only way you'll ever get paid to play games.

If you're interested in music, pick up an instrument like real guitar or piano or drums. Get lessons, read books, watch music videos, listen to lots of music. Whatever you want to do for a living, absorb yourself in it.

I'm only 21 and no where near fulfilling my dreams yet, but I've got a plan and I'm following it. That's a lot to say for someone my age, as most people in college don't even know what they want to do. If you can figure out what you want to do now, you'll go far.