46 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2011 10:37 AM by jfnoxus RSS

Dutch music

Moon3NL

So, I don't really understand why this is here now, but yea.

And don't you think it should be Netherlands except of Netherland... 

"Dutch gamers" would also be correct though.

So yea, any more active dutch members here? There were a while back, but I think they all disappeared lol. *feels lonely and like I'm talking to myself* 

Hmm... to give this a senseful subject, I'd like to talk about the dutch music.

What do you think of it? Any dutch bands you like?

I personally like the Golden Earring, Di-rect, All Missing Pieces and Textures.

And maybe some others I'm forgetting =P

I especially like the Textures, they're a kind of death metal band and really good imo. They recently got a new singer, here's a live vid of them: [url:30tuh4m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6UjU3lBX-4[/url:30tuh4m0]

• Re: Dutch music

*wakka* *wakka*?

DocBlues

Moon3NL wrote:

maybe they create a german forum and get rid of this language hopping. when i went to the german forum (check language german) i can see all the post, but if i want to see an english thread from there i'm not authorized!

i think it's a good idea...

YoYoGuy435

I don't know too much about dutch music but if they do metal then their fine by me.

LifeAgainstDeath

I think the only Dutch band I know is Di-rect, and even then, I don't know many songs by them.

Moon3NL

I think you guys know the Golden Earring, they have been popular in America for a little while. And... lol you guys know 'Good God' by Anouk from GHWT, she's also dutch. But it's awful imo D:

I also forgot Destine, they're pop-punk and pretty cool.

DocBlues wrote:

Moon3NL wrote:

maybe they create a german forum and get rid of this language hopping. when i went to the german forum (check language german) i can see all the post, but if i want to see an english thread from there i'm not authorized!

i think it's a good idea...

Well, it can be a good idea, but then I think it should be a kind of User Group where you're automaticly a member of.

LifeAgainstDeath

Moon3NL wrote:

I think you guys know the Golden Earring, they have been popular in America for a little while. And... lol you guys know 'Good God' by Anouk from GHWT, she's also dutch. But it's awful imo D:

I was looking at a list of Dutch musicians and didn't notice Golden Earring or Anouk. But just like with Di-rect, I don't know many songs by them.

Thiefboy666

What about Van Halen? He's dutch too... ^_^

LifeAgainstDeath

Thiefboy666 wrote:

Yeah, but the band is American. I don't think it should count if only half of the band members came from the Netherlands.

BigMac713

Moon3NL wrote:

I happen to like that song.

i'm dutch...Rotterdam is where i live  and about dutch music I would like to see... god dethroned .... sinister...houwitser... all death metal bands from here...

Ich verstehe kleine Deutsch. Ist das gut genug?

Anyway, I don't know that much. Ich bin Duetsche Zwei. Not to mention the year has only begun. I also don't know many real Niederlander Rock bands. I am also enjoying my abomination of a speech sliding inbetween Deutsch und Englisch whenever I feel like it.

I DO know German Rock Groups, though. Tokio Hotel sind sehr toll, ja? I don't think a lot of people realize they're German, even though many of their songs are in in English. It kinda bugs me.

Also, I am trying to get in on a German Trip this summer using the GAPP program. Ist es eine gute Idee? I think so. Was meinst du?

Thiefboy666

it's dutch, not deutsch...   hate it when people make that mistake...

LifeAgainstDeath wrote:

Thiefboy666 wrote:

Yeah, but the band is American. I don't think it should count if only half of the band members came from the Netherlands.

well.... erm...

*points at one of Eddie's solos*

fix'd ^_^

Congratulations, you've just misconstrued my entire post. Let me specify, I understand a small bit of GERMAN. I don't know any Dutch. Ich kann nicht gut Deutsch sprechen. I'm still learning, and I did NOT confuse Dutch with Deutsch. I know the difference well enough.

Jetzt konnen wir Freunden sein? (Did I say that right?)

dwestfan13

Isn't Within Temptation a Dutch band?  I also believe I saw somewhere that the Venga Boys were Dutch.

Axel111

Im dutch, but i never found a dutch band i like(or dont hate).

LifeAgainstDeath

dwestfan13 wrote:

Isn't Within Temptation a Dutch band?  I also believe I saw somewhere that the Venga Boys were Dutch.

Yeah, I just looked it up, and they are. So that's two more Dutch bands I know.

BigMac713

ugxheroxsan wrote:

I DO know German Rock Groups, though. Tokio Hotel sind sehr toll, ja? I don't think a lot of people realize they're German, even though many of their songs are in in English. It kinda bugs me.

I didn't know they were German until this week. In German, we were looking at different people (since we are currently learning how to say different jobs and such), and one of the pictures was the singer of Tokio Hotel. We all thought it was a girl though...

madmike91x

BigMac713 wrote:

We all thought it was a girl though...

He tries hard to have people confused.

Moon3NL

LifeAgainstDeath wrote:

dwestfan13 wrote:

Yeah, I just looked it up, and they are. So that's two more Dutch bands I know.

Yes, they are. So is Epica. I forgot to mention them because I don't really like them, I'm not into Gothic so yea (although a girl in my class says they're not Goth but whatever  )

dwestfan13

Epica has done a few shows around here.  The lead singer is gorgeous.

ewe1

:shock: i LURVE Good God... "dun dun, dun dun, dun dun dun dun, da da dun dun, dun dun, dun dun dun dun WOOOOO!"

Moon3NL

Well, she's popular here, you hear her on the radio a lot, so it gets really annoying. I won't say that she can't sing though, but I just don't like most female vocals.

ParanoidPaal

ugxheroxsan wrote:

Also, I am trying to get in on a German Trip this summer using the GAPP program. Ist es eine gute Idee? I think so. Was meinst du?

Ich hasse Deutch, das ist was ich denke.

I haven't heard any Dutch music, except Within Temptation, but only like one song.

GHmodShred

I know they are two different languages. And yes, I can avoid the use of German in a Dutch thread.

Back on topic, I've heard a little from Within Temptation. Not my favorite band, but I don't mind listening if it's on the radio.

Sup3rtimmaaaaay

ik ben ook nederlands 

anyway, most of the popular Dutch bands are also the worst ones... (except for Golden Earring)

but we do have some really good stuff here. for example, Textures, really good technical metal band, kinda reminded me of Meshuggah here and there. Also, The Gathering is pretty notable, i think theyve had some worldwide succes, anyone here who knows them?

Then theres also smaller bands that i really dig, mostly doom music, bands like Izah, Toner Low and Judas' Wolf

QuintiniusVerginix

We're three pages in and no one has mentioned Focus yet? I am disappointed.

ParanoidPaal

jwitjes wrote:

We're three pages in and no one has mentioned Focus yet? I am disappointed.

HOW COULD I FORGET FOCUS? D:

Focus are amazing, I love them.

Moon3NL

Oops, I forgot them too D:

I don't know much songs of them, although I think when I hear some songs, I'll probably recongize those.

But they are cool (Y)

Sup3rtimmaaaaay

wow, i honestly had no idea that Focus was Dutch  suddenly im proud te be dutch, lol

also kinda reminded me: Kayak! pretty cool dutch prog band

BigMac713

Focus is Dutch?!?!?!

I never knew that.

ownage2

does any of you know Go Back To The Zoo?

They're Dutch too

Moon3NL

Yeah, I know them. I saw them live at our free yearly festival in our town. I liked them, they're good.

MetalMommy

i do not live in The Netherlands, but I have visiting their more than once...I just happened to see this forum area and was curious, because I knew it was new. Noticed you do not have a lot of people talking, sooo...hello 

I do not know a lot of Dutch bands personally, but any brutal death metal bands that are Dutch will interest me, put up their information!

warriorlars

what about the band: my favorite scar

pretty cool new metal band

jokerdonneh

My Favorite Scar is awful. They were the opening act for KISS last year, and they sucked.

Sup3rtimmaaaaay

yeah, i too dont like them at all...

plus, theyre suddenly very overrated here, and i dont like that

zoefinho

metal bands overrated in the netherlands?:O

i bet 3/4th of the youth here don't even know of the existance, how can they overrate it?:P

or is there a decent-sized rock/metal community where you live? i only have a handfull of friends which listen to rock/metal:P

oh,hi i'm dutch too btw(why are we speaking english in the dutch thread?)

Moon3NL

Me too, it kinda sucks, it always seems that in the UK and USA there are a lot more people who listen to rock/metal, I know.. those a bigger countries, but still 

And we're speaking english since there aren't much dutch people here, and this way the rest of the GHC can also talk about this subject. Nice to see another dutch person here though (:

zoefinho

but most annoying rap/hip hop/r&b people you see on tv are from america?

i think numbers are way higher, but percentage just a little..

Moon3NL

True, but a lot rock/metal bands are from America too.

And I remember asking people (from America, maybe UK too) if there were much people in their class who also liked rock/metal, and they mostly said around 1/3 of the people and I'm basically the only one in my class.

ewe1

All of my friends love rock/metal/heavy metal/dethcore... but it took me ages to find those friends... if i was to look at my classes back at school.... there was one kid who liked nirvana... and one who liked a bit of classic rock... one who like slipknot kinda stuff... but the other 100s of people all liked whatever was popular bleugh

Dwillemse

I haven't been on for a while, so I just discovered this whole Dutch thing.

I'm Dutch too, and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Heidevolk yet. They're a folk metal band and pretty good imo. (:

Gonna see them live this sunday too. ^^

Moon3NL

I've heard of Heidevolk, but I don't really know any songs of them I guess. Listening to a few songs of them now, they're indeed pretty good.

Have fun at the concert! ^^

ewe1

Oerend Hard IS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!!! I mean..... VERBAZINGWEKKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

jfnoxus

Moon3NL wrote:

And don't you think it should be Netherlands except of Netherland... 

"Dutch gamers" would also be correct though.

So yea, any more active dutch members here? There were a while back, but I think they all disappeared lol. *feels lonely and like I'm talking to myself* 

Hmm... to give this a senseful subject, I'd like to talk about the dutch music.

What do you think of it? Any dutch bands you like?

I personally like the Golden Earring, Di-rect, All Missing Pieces and Textures.

And maybe some others I'm forgetting =P

I especially like the Textures, they're a kind of death metal band and really good imo. They recently got a new singer, here's a live vid of them: [url:1xnscrov]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6UjU3lBX-4[/url:1xnscrov]

I'm dutch