19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2010 10:51 PM by Wzrd0803 RSS

Warning - Update 1.3.0

toadbe

Hi folks,

Updated from 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 - Starting the game, received a message 'Save game file corrupted' and it then whipped away all my scores again !!!

I'm starting to be fed up with this product...

FYI

Toad_BE

• Re: Warning - Update 1.3.0
    rachelskirts

I had the same problem.  I reported the issue through Activision, but they sent me here.  I cannot believe I lost 46 levels (and who knows how many hours of my time) in a heartbeat, and I'm extremely frustrated that none of that data is backed up anywhere.  To add insult to injury, my username on the leaderboards is still considered "taken," so I can't even rebuild my character.

I love and adore Guitar Hero and the iPhone app, but this is quickly turning out to be a waste of time and money.

deadchef

with this latest update i can't seem to connect to the community... i knew i shouldn't have updated and i'll be damned if i have to reinstall. eff that... hopefully there will be a fix in the next update...

Wzrd0803

I've already lost my data from completely reinstalling 1.10 and 1.20 a total of 4 times now!  1.30 is not on the iTunes store right now even though tech support now tells me to get 1.30 to fix my store connection issue.  When the hell are they going to get this fixed! This is pissing me off.  I guess Activision doesn't want my money for buying tracks.  Their loss.

rachelskirts

deadchef wrote:

with this latest update i can't seem to connect to the community... i knew i shouldn't have updated and i'll be **** if i have to reinstall. eff that... hopefully there will be a fix in the next update...

I'm now having the same problem.  I was finally coming to terms with the fact that I would have to start over from scratch, so I decided to launch the app to create a new character.  Buuuut lo and behold, I can't connect to the server.  Lame.

For the record, I would pay for the option of having my character's information and score backed up to an off-site server in case this happens again (or in case I lose my phone, break my phone, etc.).

I wish they would just stop bothering with this game and just put all the songs on the consoles.

hobbitrjw27

I am wondering just when do they plan to get this fixed! I am very dissapointed to see the lack of urgency by Activision on this problem. Especially when you can't get to the store to get the songs you downloaded back.

rundoc

Just got home from travel and went to play. Got a corrupt database error. Tried to sync it and it still thinks it's starting over. So wiped it out and went to redownload and can't find it when I search the store. Think I'll go find a different game to obsess on.

Wzrd0803

With the problems I am having, Activision asked me if the 1.3 version fixed my problem.  I haven't been able to get 1.3!

Wzrd0803

They better comp us some songs for all the trouble we are having once they get these issues fixed.  Wishful thinking huh?

Wzrd0803

Activision gave me a link for GH version 1.3 in the iTunes store but the link says:

"The item you have requested is not currently available in the U.S. Store."

rundoc

I found the deleted file in my recycle bin and was able to reinstall it. But it keeps saying the store is closed so I can't download all the songs I purchased. I can access the leaderboard which has apparently been reset.

Hetz

I stupidly updated to 1.3 and now I can't access the store and my whole database was corrupted

It sucks cause there are new track packs out today according the email I got....

"Celebrate the launch of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock with four all-new track packs for Guitar Hero iPhone and iPod Touch! Featuring the legendary artists from Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, shred out to songs from Soundgarden, Anthrax, Slayer, The Ramones, Def Leppard, The Offspring, Alice Cooper and more, and accessorize your avatar with three all-new Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock-inspired guitars!"

Well that would be great if I could access the f'ing store!!!!!  

hobbitrjw27

Most of the blame belongs to activision because they did not properly beta test things before submitting the update.

However I think Apple should be blamed too for letting this update get on the app store. If apple really does have a so called "approval procedure" then they should have caught the problems with this update before it got to the app store. This just reenforces my opinion that apple uses this so called "approval procedure" as a excuse for not getting the job done when it comes to getting new releases and major fixes up and posted in a timely fashion,cause it sure seems like they didnt care to look at this update too closely.

toymachineSH

I Contacted Vicarious Visions directly about this. I hope this is resolved soon.

rachelskirts

toymachineSH wrote:

I Contacted Vicarious Visions directly about this. I hope this is resolved soon.

Out of curiosity, did they ever get back to you?

art185

rachelskirts wrote:

toymachineSH wrote:

Out of curiosity, did they ever get back to you?

What's about this.

http://decoryourbody.com

&Thanks for warning

toymachineSH

There seems to be a new update. Did it fix anyone's problems?

hobbitrjw27

I can confirm that the update allowed me to connect to the store and was able to redownload my content at no charge to me through the restore option.

Now they need to do one thing....LEAVE IT ALONE no more updates that cause problems like this!

Wzrd0803

The new update seemed to fix my problem but updating to the latest IOS 4.2.1 screwed the game up again.  F*CK!  I just removed the game and reinstalled it and I can get to the store again. But, for the EIGHTH TIME, I LOST MY ACHIEVEMENTS AGAIN!