1 2 3 Previous Next 989 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2009 1:24 AM by Deadpool777 RSS

The Official Avengers Thread

Hawkeye

Rather than have a bunch of threads dedicated to individuals that disappear into the backlog of the forum I think it's time to make one thread for all Avenger fans to come together to celebrate, complain, promote, and discuss all Avenger related facets of Marvel Ultimate Alliance as one big happy community.  We've got a lot of time to kill before the game to come out and plenty of topics to chat about until that day comes. So have a seat, raid the fridge, keep your hands off the stereo, and let's talk about the Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Avengers Assemble!

• 1. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

Okay, I'll start.

I made a "Why we NEED Hank Pym in this game" thread a while back, and have lent my voice to the Wasp and Giant Man threads flying around--- but I really, really want to see them both make their debut as playable characters in MUA2. The original couple of Earth's Mightiest, we need them both. They have interesting power sets and a very deep library of iconic and classic costumes, not to mention team connections (Yellowjacket was with the Defenders for a while, AND was one-third of the brain trust behind the Pro-Reg side of CIVIL WAR,).

Avengers Assemble!

Vision

Giant Man/Yellowjacket

Wasp

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

Hawkeye

Black Panther

Black Widow

Black Knight

Hercules

Wonder Man

Luke Cage

Ronin

Sentry

Ares

Iron Fist

... and on and on and on... I want them all!

• 2. Re: The Official Avengers Thread
    Hawkeye

I made a "Why we NEED Hank Pym in this game" thread a while back, and have lent my voice to the Wasp and Giant Man threads flying around--- but I really, really want to see them both make their debut as playable characters in MUA2. The original couple of Earth's Mightiest, we need them both. They have interesting power sets and a very deep library of iconic and classic costumes, not to mention team connections (Yellowjacket was with the Defenders for a while, AND was one-third of the brain trust behind the Pro-Reg side of CIVIL WAR,)

There are definitely a lot of options for Hank's powers too.  They can go the Ant-Man route with ant bites for poison effects or swarm any enemy with ants by tapping the B button to keep sending more and more.  They could give him some of his Scientific Adventurer moves by having shrunken shields and weapons in his pockets and they could give him that new stinging gun he's been carrying around as Wasp.  We've already gone over the possibilities of Wasp in Jan's own thread but maybe I'll paste some of the ideas in here later because they were pretty cool.

And hell yes on Black Knight!  I was really surprised that he wasn't made into an exclusive character for the Wii with the way the wii-mote has been used for sword fighting.  It seemed like a natural fit but I suppose old Dane isn't well known enough to warrant the extra work.

• 3. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

I presume there will be a hefty helping of New Avengers and Mighty Avengers.  Think any classic avengers will make the cut?

• 4. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

Ms Marvel

She Hulk

Hawkeye

and Spider Woman would be cool.

• 5. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

I hope there are plenty of Avengers in this game and they don't get overshadowed by a ton of pointless x-men.

• 6. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

Ohh and Hercules to my list!

• 7. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

My top 4 Avengers that need to be in the game:

She-Hulk

Namor

Hawkeye

Ms Marvel

• 8. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

I hope there are plenty of Avengers in this game and they don't get overshadowed by a ton of pointless x-men.

Hear, hear! I definitely want Miss Marvel, Spider-Woman, Sentry and Hercules playable from the get-go. Ares as DLC wouldn't suck either, but please, no pointless, "kewl" X-Men taking up space.

• 9. Re: The Official Avengers Thread

I am really disliking this whole lets make MUA 2 an X-men legends game trend. There should only be 4 mutants in the game that are playable/unlockable/secret. I like the X-Men a lot but dang, there are OTHER chracters out there like Ironfist and Punisher hehe. Seriously, I would love to see more Avengers in this game. Vision and Wonderman would be too cool to play as.

1 2 3 Previous Next