21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2012 5:52 PM by coltfirearms RSS

Ban This Thoughtless Person

TheFarrell

So i was playing Search & Destroy & this guy comes in and starts messaging me saying "(Swear word ,eff) Canaidans. I am use to people saying that not a big deal to me. But then he says to me  and i quote "your just some red -headed stepchild that gets beat daily." Are you serious? It sickens me that someone would say that.  I will report the messages to the PSN to show prove. This guy's name is JEFF-PRIME
Please ban him.

• Re: Ban This Thoughtless Person
    o.OAmadousO.o

well i once got a message from a guy saying he would kill my sister and F my mother, just because i killed him 7 times. i cant understand how can a game lead to this.

but your right this guy should be banned, not from CoD but from PSN

WAR-ENSEMBLE

sometimes you just gotta let it go, you can't change people, but you can change how you react to them.

Thesandman

Good advice WAR but sometimes its very hard to let these people go. They must lead extremely sad lonely lives, if they have to trash talk to others. I have a good level of tolerance and laugh or ignore these people, but sometimes they push me so far and i respond in a similar manner which isn't good. If the abuse is bullying then report it.

gambit1969

People like that should be banned from the PSN but i find the best thing to do is ignore them and block them, they are just the typical internet warriors, brave behind the keyboard and crap themselves at the sight of their own shadow in real life.

tedge

ITT: Thin skinned sissy boys

HEREIAMNOW

Cry cry cry.  I could understand if you are a young child playing My Little Pony: Rainbow Adventures or something of that nature.

Did you go cry to your teacher in school when playing sports or something and somebody trash talked you?

Take enjoyment in it.  You destroyed someone and its trash talk.  You won in the end because he couldn't adapt.  Is this not an adult game with blood splashing out everywhere.  Did you not enjoy Makarov's trust airport mission in MW2?  That was pretty offensive.

Get over your cry babyself.

I've never heard that one before. "a red-headed stepchild that gets beat daily"  Actually sounds pretty mild for a trash talk.  I've heard worse from players.

BanHaMMer

If you get an offensive PM, pin it then take a screen shot. Upload it to photo bucket then log into the Sony PlayStation EU Forums and send said photo to Lt Fury or Pretoria. The first offence is a 3 day console ban and no access to any PlayStation Forums, PSN of course or Websites. A second and third offence will lead to a perminent mac address ban (console ban turning it effenctivley into a useless brick)

Sony PlayStation take this kind of behavour very very seriously.

PM me if you need links.

In the account management there is an option to only get messages from people on your friends list.Check the box and no more stupid messages and no more random crap like send this to all your friends for free psn stuff.

TheFarrell wrote:

So i was playing Search & Destroy & this guy comes in and starts messaging me saying "(Swear word ,eff) Canaidans. I am use to people saying that not a big deal to me. But then he says to me  and i quote "your just some red -headed stepchild that gets beat daily." Are you serious? It sickens me that someone would say that.  I will report the messages to the PSN to show prove. This guy's name is JEFF-PRIME
    Please ban him.

That's it? You want someone banned for that? If that offends you so much, why don't you have your settings changed so strangers can't message you? Don't take this personally but you seem to not have a thick skin when it comes to insults so perhaps it would be best if you just change your settings on your PS3. I've receieved worst than that from little kids after my team owns them in a match. I just read them to my friends and laugh then delete them.

Thesandman

Mike i think you are missing the point here, abuse is abuse and there is no such thing as good or better abuse. You end up condeming the victim here rather than the aggressor.

Perhaps you're right. I guess it all depends on the person. But the best solution for the guy would be to change his settings so he doesn't have to deal with it again. Some people can handle a little insults here and there. It's not a bad thing that he can't though. Just that banning someone for "your just some red -headed stepchild that gets beat daily." is a little over extreme when I've seen worst messages.

TheFarrell

I wasn't offended in any way. What i was trying to say is that i could not believe he would say something as cruel as that. The fact is, i could tell he really meant it and wasn't just saying it to bother me. Ive played the cod series since Modern Warfare 1 so i have a rough idea what people say. Ive had people say they would kill my family, come over to canada and "beat me up" but these insults that they threw at me i could tell they weren't serious. But this insult, once again, he sounded like he really meant it.  That is why i want him banned. Not because im insulted, but because the people in the future that he says these things to, could be taken to heart. And who knows what they might do after that.

HEREIAMNOW

The red-headed step child is a joke.  If you google it, you will find it.  He just said it with different phrasing.  I am sure his anger was legitimate though.  If it was a couple of messages, then laugh and ignore it, and dont respond.  If it's purely harassment, like for hours or days, then yes, report them.

so why they dont ban all those white boys who call spanish people ''MEXICANS''? .. thats so immature.. im Puerto Rican . why they dont ban those people then ?

JTSN

I do one of two things when its a long hate mail i usually reply cool story bro Blocked!

Or if it is a short one i just reply love you 2 then they never reply back </3 :(

coltfirearms

A guy sent me a picture of the KKK hanging someone and I just sent him a strongly worded message back and was done with it. It is the internet man, people are going to be **** heads.