15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 3:38 AM by vims1990 RSS

Overused Weapons

why do people never venture from their safe zone, i see so many acr's and mp7's and striker's, i just feel like this is ridiculous

why can't people try other weapons and if they don't like them then use your magical acr

i'm just getting sick of seeing an entire team using the acr

• Re: Overused Weapons

umadbro lol sucks to be you. Toys like that don't interest me. FMG9 KING

And im getting sick of seeing 1000 threads like this saying the same thing. GET OVER IT NOOB

Why would I stop using weapons that are good?

If you want to go ahead and use other weapons, do so. When you're dying repeatedly, and asking yourself "why?"

Just know that... you had your chance to use pretty bad ass weapons.

KTPhoenix

common sense tells us, if it works well for us then we should use it more often.

stop complaining about people using the same weapons, if that is what they want to use then that is it, end of story.

get over it.

i rock the Dragonov er however you spell it and all the shotguns hah

It's funny when I play the 18 guns game because no one knows how to use a spas 12.

While it is logical to only use the best weapons, it's annoying to run into the same corner campers using the same guns. Complaining isn't going to fix it, so try: contacting your local congress member. They'll get on the matter for you.

Try to use even cheaper tactics. Run recon drones recon pro and use ballistic vests.

Play more private matches with friends.

Tell everyone in the lobby they have small members if they don't use a pump shotty.

Works best if you absolutely thrash a team with said gun.

Play face off 1v1, download a ton of crap and make your and their connection go on the fritz for the lulz.

I don't know, just clear your mind, get rid of all extraneous trains of thought... Be one with the computer game.

I dont even pay attention to what gun kills me, dont care at all. Just respawn move on.

Most people just tend to use easy guns. It's annoying, but it's just something we all have to deal with unfortunately.

No matter what people have to say to my comment, I think this is the right answer. Whatever gun you like the most is the gun that is the best for you. People are confident with an ACR, so they use it well. If you question a gun's ability, then you won't do well with it! I suck **** with the ACR because I have no faith in it. The gun your using also depends on your skill. For example, the M16A4 is an amazing gun, but if you're not acurate with a gun, the M16 might not be for you.

creepingxdeth90

Short answer: As much as it sucks you just have to let other people play how they want to play. People are going to use the gun that they feel will allow them to do the best, especially nowadays with visible K/Ds. Being at the top of the leader board makes them feel good and it's much easier to do that using guns like the ACR/MP7.

Anyway lets get a little further into it. I've always been the type to use every gun. I find it horribly boring using just one weapon over and over again. In fact I've had times where I get a MOAB one game using one weapon and switch to a totally different gun the next. I don't like the idea of a certain gun being my crutch and frankly I just enjoy the challenge of using different weapons and leveling them. Not everyone feels that way though and to judge them for not wanting to use other guns is probably not the correct thing to do..

One interesting thing though on the subject of weapon overuse. I discovered something very interesting in the last few Call of Duty games. People are very, very subject to conformity and one-upmanship. I'll find myself using a gun and if I'm doing well, even against one person, I'll notice that they will attempt to use the same weapon. I remember times in Black Ops when I almost got a whole team to switch to dual SMG's because I was doing really good in a particular game. This effect is so strong that I've even seen people switch to guns that most people would consider terrible just because I was using them(Dragunov.. any CoD game.) If you want to test this, go into a few games using a shotgun.. I'll bet you quite a bit you'll notice people switching to shotguns from other guns.) I've seen this with sniping too, there is just such a desire to one up people. A few weeks ago I was playing, using a sniper and I killed this guy a few times. He was doing really well with ARs but he HAD to kill me with a sniper just to prove he was better.
      Then you get into people making YouTube videos using AR's etc and getting a bunch of MOABS and well.. It's just a big formula for overuse and it'll always happen as long as it's percieved that a weapon is better or seems better in a paricular match.

I am guilty of this but only if I get mad. Eg black box enemy team is all sniping I can't get near them and keep dying from 6 snipers all hiding.

Now I switch to the default sniper class and take them out.

Other times I change is when the enemy is spamming me with shotguns I will usually just pick there's up and blast them with it.

I call it adapting

sorry bro, cod is about getting kills. you get kills by using the gun that best suits you, if it happens to be a acr dont blame me. You have a gun too, just shoot me before i shoot you. Plain logic.

vims1990

JoshManMania wrote:

why do people never venture from their safe zone, i see so many acr's and mp7's and striker's, i just feel like this is ridiculous

why can't people try other weapons and if they don't like them then use your magical acr

i'm just getting sick of seeing an entire team using the acr

Easy answer is that most players aren't interested in using a variety weapons either because they're too caught up with their K/D dropping or they refuse to use something that is harder to use.

It's kind of funny though. They're most likely the same players who beg for Weapon DLC but don't realise that there are so many weapons already on the disc which they've yet to rank up.

It's been the same case with COD's going back to COD4. Weapon variety/diversity has always been a weak point for COD.