13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 9:32 AM by Thesandman RSS

People who get mad at you for taking their tags in Kill Confirmed....

the_murf53

Does it really ******* matter?  The objective of the game is to win.  I take peoples tags all of the time.  I don't do it to be a point whore or be an ass.  If I'm closer to the tag then the guy who got the kill, I'm gonna grab it.  I do that to make sure the other team doesn't grab it.  I've been getting screamed at by kids a lot lately for taking their tags.  Are you kidding me?  It annoys the **** out of me.  I could give a **** less if someone grabs my tag.  If it's a little far away and a teammate is closer to it, grab the tag.  I don't give a ****.  The win is all that matters to me.   

• Re: People who get mad at you for taking their tags in Kill Confirmed....
    monkeylord

Yeah 1st come 1st served is the best way to play KC you wouldn't hold up on catching a HQ all because someone wants to be in on the points.

you are comparing apples to oranges. Kill Confirmed is a player kills an opponent then the tags belong to the killer. In HQ the first one to the HQ get the capture points, how can you even compare the two? Moronic! I am one of those players that gets mad at people STEELING my tags, not your kill, not your tags. It's not first come first serve (like your girlfriend) it's your kill your tags.

the_murf53

Why do you care though?  It's supposed to be about the win...not about the points. 

monkeylord

bigolddarren wrote:

you are comparing apples to oranges. Kill Confirmed is a player kills an opponent then the tags belong to the killer. In HQ the first one to the HQ get the capture points, how can you even compare the two? Moronic! I am one of those players that gets mad at people STEELING my tags, not your kill, not your tags. It's not first come first serve (like your girlfriend) it's your kill your tags

Kinda baffled you're asking for an objective that you are clearly out of place to confirm and put into the team point bank to be ignored on the maybe that you're actually going for and are capable of collecting the tag whilethe fact that you were obviously out of place to collect it and not smart enough to plan your kill and collect tag route a bit better normally points to the odds of you being on the side of a non-collector.

Both work on team point basis the tag belongs to people who shockingly can get to it first just like a HQ both contribute towards the team bank both require killing to get them

All because I kill 3 people in the process of capturing  a HQ by tossing a semtex the HQ doesn't belong to me all because I killed to claim it.(see what I did there? I know the logical leap was to much to make on your own always glad to help) Not quite a fruit salad yet.

Also my wife is a bar lass so it's nice to note that someone has noticed her serving ethics it's just polite.

phxs72

In a regular KC match it doesn't matter who picks up the yellow tags because the guy that did the killing will still get the points as well as the guy that picks up the tag.  However, during clan ops it does matter because only the guy that picks up the tag scores a point towards the clan op.  That being said, it's no holds barred in clan ops because people are always trying to steal tags. I say play however you want to because if we're in the same lobby I'm not going to hesitate to pick up your tags.

who gives a crap its a team game as long as some one on my team collects the tag im happy besides you still get the points who ever grabs it

Ungrateful_Dead

People probably are getting mad because you were doing this while one of the "clan-ops" was taking place.  In those you get credit for the number of tags you pick up, so when you grab a tag they think is theirs, they start complaining.

The ops usually run Fri/Sat/Sun for 3 hours each day, check Elite for the times if you want to avoid the try hards/boosters in KC, Dom, etc. during those days.  Or just ignore them, most of us do.  I do some of the clan-ops and I don't worry about a tag here or there, since there are usually plenty lying around if you want to run out in the open and die for them.

Yeah, I imagine it must've been during clan ops time when all of the people run around like crazy trying to collect all the tags. Normally If I'm not close to the tag that I killed I don't care and actually hope that a teammate that's closer grabs it. I might be slightly saddened though If I got a kill close to me and was going for the tag only to have a teammate snag it from me first.  Then again, atleast the tag was picked up.

wridtrvlr

I do the same.  If I am close to a tag, even if I see someone running for it, I'll snag it up.  Chances are you or your teammate could die in the process of getting said tag, so you need to be quick!

That said, I will scream at the kids that feel the need to be right behind me as I am killing, then run out from behind me when I get a kill to try and snag up the tag.  Those people are truly annoying. 

Sensou

Wow, dumb, I can understand if you are already in the process of a taking a care package in Drop Zone, then the dude just comes over there and yanks it aways from you and everybody else, BUT KILL COMFIRMED, pffft. Kids are dumb, even if you "steal them" from that person it still counts as his kill. I do it all the damn time, never had anybody ***** about it with me though, maybe I was playing with less ignorant people or something. I do a lot of denying kills too, like you're suppose too. But yeah, clan op is a different vicious cycle, I do get yelled at on there, but can't help it because of how I'm used to playing Kill Comfimed on non-clan op days. It's a no no in a clan op, especially if you're not a premium or founder in your clan and are just rolling with your team that day, don't touch their tags.

Sensou

All in all, friend, I know that feel.

Thesandman

Are you 100% sure that the tag doesn't count during clan ops? I only confirmed about 2/3 rds of my kills,but when i checked today my confirms where a lot closer to my kills than i thought. It does say kill confirmed +100pts when someone collects my tag. Can someone post me a link to where it says that your tag being collected by someone else,doesn't count in clan ops.