10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 1:39 AM by monkeylord RSS

Favourite lethal?

AVIT-U-TRAMP

What is your favourite lethal equipment? I was torn between Throwing knives and C4 although you can never go wrong with a good old random frag across the map. Recently ive noticed the C4 isnt as effective as it was (have they reduced the damage on it?) so now i opt for the throwing knife on 6 out of 10 classes. What are your favourites and why?

• Re: Favourite lethal?
    wridtrvlr

For me it depends on the game mode/map.

In DZ, I exclusively run C-4.  Great for getting people out of the DZ and good mulit's.

IN HCKC, big maps I'll use Frags.  Smaller maps Semtex. 

Only used the other lethals to complete the challenges but they are also effective.

phxs72

Semtex FTW! I stick more people with them than I can count. But I also like playing around with C4 on certain maps.

c4 or semtex theres no better feeling than getting a good muli kill with c4 but at the minute im working on the semtex i having trouble getting them to stick to people i get plenty of kills with it but only a few sticks i think im on 17/30

trickster.

my favourite is also semtex,i love sticking an enemy and he turns around running to the rest of his team lol .

The throwing knife, I've not really used much of the others since playing this game.

scratch_1_more

Made a similar thread recently regarding what I felt was the best lethal equipment.

http://http://www.callofduty.com/message/413252296#413252296

Hands down the C4 is my favorite, and I feel it's the best overall lethal equipment in the game imo. It's always been a great tool for guarding flags in Dom, ability to detonate it at a moments notice when you hear "Losing B" etc. Amazing at clearing rooms or drop zones. It can also be fully controlled timing wise (double tap) + manipulated to do just about anything and has amazing range if you use the jump tactic demonstrated below. Overall the Semtex got weaker, Frag needs to cook, Stalker Pro crippled claymores & bettys and practically rendered them useless in this game.

C4 for sure

i'm a semtex guy.  i used to run claymores on my sniper class, but since most people have stalker pro ( i believe thats the one that delays claymore and bouncing betty's) they are pretty useless.  plus at the begining of most maps you know by now where the majority of the other team is going and to lob a semtex there to blow up a car and kill 2-3 of the enemies for first blood is easy to do.  Only downside i see to C4 is you can't throw it very far.

scratch_1_more

yoter_man wrote:

i'm a semtex guy.  i used to run claymores on my sniper class, but since most people have stalker pro ( i believe thats the one that delays claymore and bouncing betty's) they are pretty useless.  plus at the begining of most maps you know by now where the majority of the other team is going and to lob a semtex there to blow up a car and kill 2-3 of the enemies for first blood is easy to do.  Only downside i see to C4 is you can't throw it very far.

Actually C4 can be thrown very far, look 3 comments up there's a video displaying it's range using what I call a "Jump C4 Tactic" that dramatically increases the distance and velocity of the C4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJStY_jQ_M

monkeylord

The Mr's loves her Betty (i'm not a fan I enjoy C4 to much) she gets a scary amount of trips and final kills with it she also has the throw through a door as you jink past it down to a fine art.