13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 10:13 AM by Thesandman RSS

Why do people assume you cheat?

AVIT-U-TRAMP

Not to be bigheaded or arrogant but the alot of the time i finish top of the lobby leaderboard. I then find if i stay in the same lobby with the same players long enough i start to recieve messages be called "Cheat", "Hacker" and occasionally "W**K*R" why cant people accept there are others who are better than them??

• Re: Why do people assume you cheat?
    HEREIAMNOW

I called someone a hacker without investigating the video.  I thought it was one person that called in 4 AC-130s in one TDM game.  It was actually the last person to call one in that I called a hacker.

The first person got 2.  One by his care package and the other by killstreak.

The second was a care package and the last was a care package.  It was a lucky game for CPs, because one person on our team got an AC-130 from a CP.  There was at least 10 care packages thrown that game.  It just seemed like a highly unusual event and i was being irrational.

But as far as running around and killing, especially when UAV, Recon Drone, and Recon Perk, or anything that makes you visible on the mini map when they think they are stealth, are gonna make them think you are a hacker without them thinking it through.  I shoot people through the wall all the time, by lining up my arrow with the dot on the minimap and kill them.  I've gotten called a hacker a couple of times for this.

AVIT-U-TRAMP

4 in 1 game does seem abit strange, especially from CP's (which i dont use anymore as im the unlucky ones that gets constant I.M.S') Ye i understand what you mean with the perks but people are to quick to pressume, if they took the time to watch a quick killcam they'd realise that im playing legitimately

Izjar11

ignorance = name calling + excuses + bad playing

rlbl

I barely report people unless I am 100% sure they are doing something... and that does not even mean I am right (I have had a couple reset, and a couple were found to have been doing nothing wrong).

Because the lag and matchmaking are so bad in this game, I tend to just backout when some people seem untouchable.

Example: before a game this weekend we were bouncing around lobbies before a game started. When it finally stabilized I could swear some people were Irish (I, the party leader, am in Canada but coming in via New York, in the upper US for those who do not know).  When the game started everyone had 1 bar but when the gamestat stabilized and people went to 3-4 bars, 3 people (same clan) stayed at 1 bar.  They were running faster than life and could not be touched.

Cheating? No

Bad Matchmaking? You betcha

phxs72

The rubber bullet syndrome drives me crazy. I had a guy last night that killed me 5 times in a row. I couldn't touch him but I had no trouble killing anyone else. I know that he wasn't hacking though because he went something like 9 and 18 while I had around 20 kills. I find it best to recognize the folks out there that you just can't kill and try to avoid them. If the whole lobby is that way then backout.  There's no sense in putting in the good fight against something that you can't control.

the_murf53

I was accused of cheating yesterday by some dipshit kid.  I was running care package and ended up getting 2 AC-130s and a reaper with it (yea I know...it was a lucky day I guess lol).  He sends me a message saying: you only had 22 kills but yet you got 2 AC-130s and reaper?  You're a ******* cheating hack!"  So I replied back telling him about these magical things called care packages that anyone can get.  He goes: That's bullshit.  No one gets that in a care package.  I always get UAVs and IMS.  I'm reporting you"  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Stupid kids man.....

AVIT-U-TRAMP

This is exactly what im talking about.. It really bugs me. Why cant people appreciate a good player? And i also notice that the most "abuse" i receive is mainly from stupid kids that technically shouldnt even be playing cause there not old enough...

Saturday some kid kept spaming my inbox with messages saying i was a "niger ***** hacker" because i got last wining kill by killing some one behind a metal wall with no impact.. so he acused me of cheating becuase i didnt have impact on... i said he reported me and bla bla.. i was just like lol

Thesandman

I always check the vault to check if that wallhack kill that got me was a genuine kill and 99.9% of the time it is and i was killed by a better player. At least by checking the vault you can be sure if someones just good or a cheater for sure.