37 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 1:32 PM by ill-lll RSS

Rate of noob tubing is too high! - Hardcore

dszwec

Yes I realize that this is a complaint and that people on here are used to it. However, MW3 took a step back from B-Ops in my opinion.

The "noob" tube and other rockets are adimitedly weakened for core. However, Infinity Ward have not extended the same relative level over to hardcore. The blastshield offers no protection even since they altered it (to be honest I didn't recognize that they had altered it until looked on the forum).

I'm not saying that you should be invinsible against all explosions but 3arc got it right with the Flak Jacket where you survive two explosions (again in hardcore). This worked because there's no health regeneration like in core!

• Re: Rate of noob tubing is too high! - Hardcore
    ots_dj3nvy

Honestly your playing hardcore. It's supposed to be a somewhat more cautious game type. For the grenade launchers, they are ok I guess in both modes.

wridtrvlr

It truly is ridiculous.  I only play HCKC and I can tell you that in the beginning it wasn't like this.  Once the kids got out of school and realized they could still get the cheap OHK's with launchers in HC, they came in droves. 

I wish that instead of killing you on impact, it would just force your screen red (near death), then maybe people would stop spamming it as much. 

ghamorra

In HC all realism goes out the window I've found. The hip firing and spraying of full autos is rampant because of how easy it is to get those lucky kills, tubes are spammed, flashes are spammed (I was killed by impact and detonation of flash right off the start). HC just isn't fun when it's functions are being abused

dszwec

Exactly but my point is how easy it is to solve when they have a perk which is aimed at countering such issues.

Real problem is that it's a game and HC comes closer to realism. Been there - people DIE from a few bullets, close det explosives and ordinance. THAT's the real problem.

Want realism? Then there is no radar you can see, you don't regenerate after taking a hit and you don't come back when you die.

I play HC because I'm used to having a need to be cautious and pick my targets.

I carry grenades and a launcher because you can kill with them in HC without getting your head taken off by return fire. Anyone who charges into a room without popping a grenade in first is looking to get killed.

BUT if I want to play a game, I play a normal match... and don't use the word "realism" anymore - I learned my lesson. This has nothing to do with realism.

Got news for ya guys. This isnt a new problem. This has been around since COD4.

Noob tube losers are gonna nube toob in HC because they are noobs and cant seemt o get a kill with anything other than explosives. This is never gonna change. Just point and laugh at them like i do.

phxs72

I really don't understand the point of HC if it's not just to get easy kills.  I know it's supposed to be more strategic but lowering everyone's health has it's own undesired consequences. Every gun is a 1 to 2 bullet kill, every grenade is insta death but I blame the clan ops for the problems that you are facing.  Once core players were forced to play HC, they realized just how easy it was to get kills in HC and how things like the grenade launchers which are nearly useless in core are the perfect accompaniment for dealing with those corner campers on KC that just wait for someone to run after tags. I do find, however, that blast shield and ballistic vests do help give you a second chance if you will. Actually, I'm surprised that I don't see more final stand in HC.

sennalike

I only play core, and despite believing you have a valid point, I also think if they allow quick scopers then one hit kills with a noob tube should be allowed too.  Personally I dnt use the grenade launchers, they are too slow to reload 

People like to exploit anything in this game. In MW2 it was the OMA. This one it's the xm launcher. Those that suck at this game will noob tube in hc because they can't get kills with a regular gun.

ill-lll

Agree with the OP. Black Ops had it right with Flak Jacket. Tubes were still an easy OHK but you actually had the option of a working counter by running with Flak Jacket. We pleaded to the IW devs to take a look at this and address it. They promised they would, and upped the damage reduction by a small margin. Unfortunately, not enough to actually mitigate the explosive damage from the launchers that exist in this game.

They just don't get it.

I honestly haven't seen noob tubing in some time. MW2 yes... MW3 rare...

MAKE  A GAME WITHOUT NOOBTUBES !!!!

gmir9

Me and a few buddies were playing this clan the other night and all 6 were just using xm25's and rpg's and throwing nade and concusions and running vest.

They never fired a shot from a gun the whole game, they lost the game because they were not collecting tags in HC KC.

dszwec

This happens frequently with split screeners (noticebly Spanish and Italian) you win about 65-20 but get tubed about 20 times each

I don't see why it's not obvious to the developers that it is OP in hardcore, little kids run around corners without needing to aim and what's worse is the no time delay on the nade after it is fired is a joke.

rlbl

dszwec wrote:

I'm not saying that you should be invinsible against all explosions but 3arc got it right with the Flak Jacket where you survive two explosions (again in hardcore). This worked because there's no health regeneration like in core!

Trophy system: Stops two projectiles  (I see a parallel here)

Combine that with blast shield... problem solved.

(I have to say I liked Flak Jacket better though)

dszwec

How can you see a parallel between a tactical that you have to put on the floor (which fires a projectile to destroy the tube which on HC can get you reflected damage or even killed) and a perk which protects you without needing placement.

I get what you mean by protects twice but there is no parallel beyond that.

I put blast shield on yesterday to see if there is any improvement, I was in the room above B on Seatown a tube got fired into the opposite corner of the room to me and killed me instantly. You gain no advantage from having Blast Shield on and loose out on Assasin.

rlbl

The parallel is the game's intention (not saying if it is implemented poorly or not). Stopping 2 nades, I did not mean anything more than that.

So let's talk implementation and effectiveness:

Yeah I hate getting killed (or killing my teammates) with a trophy system... that is something they should address, but off topic to your post.  However the trophy system combined with blast shield is this game's alternative.

I have found that blast shield is a bit better since the buff, but pales in comparison to flak.

I prefer flak jacket bigtime... but there are ways to cope with it in this game (which will find its way into a dumpster when BO2 comes out)

dszwec

I don't see why they created an alternative when they took Flak jacket from Bops essentially with Blast Shield any way.

I mean the damn thing works in core so why not just buff it so it's at the same level in HC? Whilst the HC audience may be significantly less than that in the core playlists does not mean we should be ignored we to paid for the game.

It just seems they are promoting noob tubing to capture those who are not good enough to play an FPS with a gun.

royalgard

Keep that ****-tube on HC, we had enough in MW2 !

Shrydo

I didnt know you were supposed to survive an explosion in HC,  I mean its hardcore for cryin out load. Why exactly do you play hardcore?  Low health?  No radar?  What exactly draws you in to play HC.  Most say for the realism, well sad news, people dont normally survive explosions and shoot back.

dszwec

Whilst this is true, is the game not supposed to be a first person shooter, as you clearly prefer core you don't get the frustration.

If somone knows how to exploit the game correctly they can fire off up to 7 explosives get 7 kills without seeing a single opposition now whilst you may claim that is realistic you have to remember that this is a game and so should be balanced yet there is no balance. I'm not fussed when I get actually shot, im not even too fussed about people who sit in the same corner all game but random noob tubes where you cant see the enemy and get a kill is just bull.

I don't play core because you get forced to play with a certain set up or else you are put at a disadvantage. There is always a select few guns that are better than others and it's almost essential to run a silencer. Plus it gets monotonous when you fire half a clip off at one guy he moves slightly there is another you start shooting him as well then the first guy pops back round to kill you. The lag is also much more prominent in causing an effect on core as it takes more to kill them the compensation has more to deal with and can cause you to feel screwed over.  It's not that I cannot play core infact I quite often do better on it, I just prefer HC.

ill-lll

You must not have used Flak Jacket in Black Ops. In Hardcore, it allowed you to survive most explosions other than the RC:XD if you had not lost any health. This was because they added a separate damage reduction modifier for HC modes. IW did not implement this in MW3 until a few months ago, and the damage reduction percentage they set is still not high enough to counter the splash damage from the majority of explosives.

The problem isn't that explosives can kill you, it is that a person can roll with up to 11 explosives, every single spawn, and doesn't have to be remotely accurate to kill you. Spam, spam, spam, and if any of them hits a wall or the ground even 20m behind you, you're still going to die whether or not you use the Flak Jacket perk.

If the perk wasn't in the game, we'd just have to deal with it (and continue complaining) but the fact the perk is there, and you sacrifice the benefits of Assassin/Quickdraw/Hardline/Overkill to use it in exchange for no benefit is the problem.