1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 8:48 AM by rlbl Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: Todays Issue: The Case against the Camper...
    Izjar11

COD,

Who here shares my belief that calling someone a camper is counter productive?

• 81. Re: Todays Issue: The Case against the Camper...
    phxs72

I think that the idea is to hope that the person you are calling a camper is weak minded enough to change their gamestyle just to avoid the name calling and thereby produce some easy kills for the name caller.  So I supose it depends on who is getting called a camper.  If it's me it's going to backfire on them because I've probably got a really campy class or two that I hadn't even pulled out on them yet.  I'm stubborn enough to give them a whole new understanding of the word camper if that's what they really want.  And about the time that I think that they are going to slow down their gameplay to effectively combat my camping, I'll switch to a rush class and continue to eat them alive.  I know how to play psycological warfare a whole lot better than a 12 yr old and I don't have to unmute my mic to do it.

• 82. Re: Todays Issue: The Case against the Camper...
    Izjar11

I think that the idea is to hope that the person you are calling a camper is weak minded enough to change their gamestyle just to avoid the name calling and thereby produce some easy kills for the name caller.

Yes, they believe that using the word to insult someone else will produce results. Who truly then is weak minded?

I'm stubborn enough to give them a whole new understanding of the word camper if that's what they really want.

haha that is a good response, "you really want a camper, ill give you camper" hahah

And about the time that I think that they are going to slow down their gameplay to effectively combat my camping, I'll switch to a rush class and continue to eat them alive.  I know how to play psycological warfare a whole lot better than a 12 yr old and I don't have to unmute my mic to do it.

Nice, great response phsx77 glad to see others share my view. What game mode do you play mostly? If you play TDM, KC or DOM or barbones let me know we should party up.

• 83. Re: Todays Issue: The Case against the Camper...
    rlbl

Something I read in a poker book:

Never congratulate someone for playing well against you: "It encourages them to play the same or better and they will continue to beat you"

Fitting to the topic at hand:

Never criticize someone's bad playing: "It makes them realize they are playing poorly and encourages them to play better, and possibly beat you"

As I said before, when I see a camper I think: "Free Kill!"  Maybe I have to get killed to find them the 1st time, but you know I am going to outplay them when I go back (unless they are smart, then I leave them alone and not feed their killstreaks).

Fool me once...shame on you

Fool me twice... shame on me...

Sometimes I wonder if everyone really knows what that means.  When I see people running back to kill the same person and constantly getting beat doing so; I know they have no idea what it means.  Nothing is more hilarious than seeing an entire team trying to kill 1 person, and getting flanked by members of the other team because everyone had their guns pointing in the same direction.

(flushing a camper out of the crow's nest on Firing Range comes to mind)

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next