4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2012 3:17 PM by Chuggin_IPA RSS

Why is the XP so messed up on the Model 1887?  It has enough problems!!!

So the Model 1887 is probably recognized by most as a really awful gun.  It has the second slowest fire rate, second worst bullet spread, and no attachments.  I have all of my shotguns finished but the Model, so I said why not get it done.  There is no reason for me to do it other than boredom because it has nothing that is better than the other shotguns. 

So I started playing with it and had up and down rounds.  I mean you need damage or range to give it an advantage.  But, it is fun to use sometimes and I was dedicated to getting done.  This is where I noticed that the model has the worst xp gain ever.  Not only do you not get XP from attachments, but the number of kills to each challenge is BS.  Unlike the marksman 1-7 on most guns, it only has 5.  5???  It goes 15 kills, 50, 300, 1000, 2500.  I mean really?  This gun has enough problems. Why does it take that many kills to get a challenge done?  The only other shotgun that is that bad is the USAS-12.  It has the same awful challenges.  But the USAS-12 is way easier to use and get kills, plus it has attachments.  So why does the SPAS and KSG have 7 marksman challenges and the other pump action doesn't?

It's like Infinity Ward will do whatever it takes to never have anyone use that gun.  What are your thoughts?

• Re: Why is the XP so messed up on the Model 1887?  It has enough problems!!!
    ots_dj3nvy

Haha I know right! Mines has been on level 30 for almost 2 months lolU

Yeah it is rediculous.  I 'm not even going to waste my time getting the thousand kills for gold.

ots_dj3nvy

I'm at 85%-90% close to getting gold lol. Such a grind!!!! But pretty awesome shotgun to use from always seeing MP7, ACR, Strikers, PP90.

I agree.  I have been tired of seeing nothing but ACR and PP90M1.  And im pretty tired of this game in general.  I may just need to change game modes, but it seems the whole game is now just run run run run run.  Run some more. Don't stop running. Why aren't you running?  There is more to this game than just run as fast as you can with a smg, but good luck getting people to understand that.

I have been using every gun possible to add some fun to the game.  The buffs on the KSG, USAS12 and LMG's has given us new options.  I have all attachments for every gun in the game besides maybe one or two and all my shotguns are done.  It seemed people were playing the field more for a little while.  But now, everyone is right back to SMG's only.  I need to play collections playlists just to get away from all the clans.  I don't have a team. I'm either solo or with one or two friends.  I can't play Dom anymore because I always am against the try hards. My team is always the people who don't know how to play and go 0-30 every round or people who sit on their spawn and never try to take a position.

And I don't even wanna gest started on lag.  I either have 3 bars and get 50 hit markers, or 4 bars and lag compensation makes the enemies magical.  Heaven forbid I work for a living and spend money on a good connection because call of duty is one of my hobbies.  But no no no, please penalize me for that so a bunch of faggy kids, whose parents pay for everything, can get an unfair advantage.