28 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 12:17 AM by Jus_call_me_J RSS

How many of these do you get in a day?

Is anyone else a little bit bored of taking some dashboarding stat whore's loss for them?

 

I have lost count of the amount of LOSSES I have taken onto my record because I have been put into a game that is either finishing or is past salvaging...

 

In this one I joined a short while ago, I literally chose my weapon and was given the LOSS before I even took a step off of the spawn...

 

 

Sign your name below if you are sick of joining a game in progress?

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

    Used to happen to me frequently in my early days of playing this game, now I rarely play  (like maybe once in 100 games) without at least a party of 3 or more, for a variety of reasons.  One of which is that doing so usually prevents this from happening.

     

    But... I shouldn't have to do that. 

     

    You should never get spawned into a game where one team is within 90% of winning the game (time or score).  Maybe 90% isn't the right target, but it's in that area.

     

    There's literally tens of thousands of matches running at any one point... why in gods name does their coding allow this to happen?

     

    And it is caused by all the dashboarders.  I see this ALL the time in Drop Zone... which is why no K/D or W/L is believable to me except for mine and maybe a handful of people I play with.

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
    puertoricanguy9

    on some days this happens 3 or 4 times and sometimes is happens once or not at all and most of the time my team is winning when they dashboard... and im sick of joining games in progress too...i dont join them..i quit as soon as i get in and i dont get the loss....i keep searching til i find a match thats in the pre game lobby or that just started

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
    jwaller123

    Joining in progress I can deal with for the most part...when it is done in the same fashion as your video then I can NOT deal with it. I have jumped into a few games in progress that have also ended in a win. Unfortunately this is very rare...Lol.

     

    There needs to be some sort of safeguard implemented to protect us from dumb losses such as this. Maybe a prompt that says.....

     

    Join game in progress? Team This...4000... team That...2500... your on Team That... Press A to join B to leave. That way you can kind of see what's going on prior to joining with no repercussions.

     

    I myself don't pay to much attention to what my W/L looks like, but taking a loss where you had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome is asinine.

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
    deucedouglas

    I would say I join just as many games where the team I join is winning as I do where my time is losing. I play solo the majority of the time and I don't think it's that big of an issue. It's the way it goes.

     

    You can't say you dashboard whenever you join a loss in progress because you don't deserve the loss unless you dashboard everytime you join a game in progress.

    • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

      deucedouglas wrote:

       

      I would say I join just as many games where the team I join is winning as I do where my time is losing. I play solo the majority of the time and I don't think it's that big of an issue. It's the way it goes.

       

      You can't say you dashboard whenever you join a loss in progress because you don't deserve the loss unless you dashboard everytime you join a game in progress.

      OK well firstly I didn't say that I dashboarded out. I said that I had just taken the place of someone that had hust dashboarded out...

       

      I took the loss on the chin even though it wasn't my loss to take...

       

      And secondly, "that" isn't the way it goes at all...

       

      Since when do you take the place of someone who dashboarded out of a game that their team are dominating in? That statement about how you join as many winning teams as you do losing teams is utter tosh...

       

      People bail out of a game they are being slapped in...

       

      More often than not when you join a game in progress, the skies are full of enemy air support and they are well into their streaks, whereas the team you just joined are 2 or 3 die hards who are willing to scrap it out...

      • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
        deucedouglas

        Where did I ever say you specifically dashboarded out? Oh that's right, I didn't. I was talking about in general. This issue has been brought up a million times and I've seen tons of people who say they dashboard out of every game they join where their team is losing.

         

        It's funny how you refer to my personal experience as "that" isn't the way happens at all and utter tosh. Like I said, from my personal experience I would say I've joined just as many games where my team is winning as I have where my team is losing. I very rarely join games that are extremely late in progress and I'd say if I were to guess, the number would be about 50/50 whether my team would be winning or losing.

         

        Last time I checked, you don't have to be getting "slapped" to rage quit. Games start with less than full lobbies, plenty of players rage quit simply because they're doing poorly or because they died regardless of whether they're winning or losing.

        • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

          deucedouglas wrote:

           

          Where did I ever say you specifically dashboarded out? Oh that's right, I didn't. I was talking about in general. This issue has been brought up a million times and I've seen tons of people who say they dashboard out of every game they join where their team is losing.

           

          It's funny how you refer to my personal experience as "that" isn't the way happens at all and utter tosh. Like I said, from my personal experience I would say I've joined just as many games where my team is winning as I have where my team is losing. I very rarely join games that are extremely late in progress and I'd say if I were to guess, the number would be about 50/50 whether my team would be winning or losing.

           

          Last time I checked, you don't have to be getting "slapped" to rage quit. Games start with less than full lobbies, plenty of players rage quit simply because they're doing poorly or because they died regardless of whether they're winning or losing.

          Oh sorry, being as I'm English and English is my first language, I was always taught that when somebody answers one's question with the word "You", well they are referring to the person they are addressing...

           

          deucedouglas wrote:

           

          "You can't say you dashboard whenever you join a loss in progress because you don't deserve the loss unless you dashboard everytime you join a game in progress."

           

          You (deucedouglas) said "you" six times in that one sentence, and you (deucedouglas) were addressing me (Jus call me J)...

           

          Personally I think that you are just being contrary...

           

          In general players do not dashboard out of a game that their team are dominating. There are players who will dashboard out of the winning team because of their personal performance, but usually when we join a game in progress we are replacing someone who didn't want to take a loss and things weren't going their team's way...

           

          In general people do not leave a game that their team are winning...

           

          IF what you say is true, and your join in rate is 50/50, then lucky for you...

          • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
            deucedouglas

            I know I said you a lot but just for clarification it wasn't directed at you but at those who do what I was stating. Poor word choice, my apologies.

             

            You're right though, the vast majority of people who rage quit are going to be people who are losing. Most people will stick it out if they're winning but when me and my cousin play he's always bringing up the question as to why people on our team are leaving when we're winning by a lot. There's also a fair amount of games that begin without the lobby max. I'm just basing it off my experience.

             

            Most of my luck probably has to do with the fact that I mainly play TDM. Those games don't last as long and you're far less likely to end up with scenarios like you would in DOM or KC where the deficit is pretty much insurmountable.

            • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

              deucedouglas wrote:

               

              I know I said you a lot but just for clarification it wasn't directed at you but at those who do what I was stating. Poor word choice, my apologies.

               

              Please accept my apologies too mate...

               

              I shouldn't have been so defensive there. I thought you was finger pointing, but I see now that you wasn't...

               

              We good?

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

    Happens to me a few times a day, dont even notice. I play solo so W/L means nothing to me, dont't even know what it is. I leave games as I see fit by selecting "Leave Game." I don't dashboard, and I don't care about leaving a game.

     

    This has been happening since COD4 (and people have been complaining about it for that long), the ability to join in progress is part of CoDs accessability. Its not possible to join in progress in other games, like Gears, and having to play a man down or 2+ men down sucks. So I dont see it ever changing.

    • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

      NoLifeKing23 wrote:

       

      Happens to me a few times a day, dont even notice. I play solo so W/L means nothing to me, dont't even know what it is. I leave games as I see fit by selecting "Leave Game." I don't dashboard, and I don't care about leaving a game.

       

      This has been happening since COD4 (and people have been complaining about it for that long), the ability to join in progress is part of CoDs accessability. Its not possible to join in progress in other games, like Gears, and having to play a man down or 2+ men down sucks. So I dont see it ever changing.

       

      I don't care much for stats as a solo player either, but I do resent joining a game that is either best part lost already, or best part won already...

       

      I also agree with what you said about a team being left short sucking... lol

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
    SheSaidNo

    I'm sure they have access to this and hope it never comes to light, but the loss to win ratio is way off for the overall community of MW3.  My guess is it's 60/40 when technically it should be 50/50.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it's more.  Just add it to the list of things gone wrong.

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
    Risk26

    It is bullshit, and it happens to me a lot as well.

     

    There should be an option to avoid joining games that are already in progress.

    • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

      Risk26 wrote:

       

      It is bullshit, and it happens to me a lot as well.

       

      There should be an option to avoid joining games that are already in progress.

      Yep, I'd wait a little longer for a fresh game...

       

      How are you supposed to build your streaks if you only have half a game when you join. No matter if you join the winning or losing team, you won't be getting a long game, and you certainly won't be getting first blood... lol

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
    trialstardragon

    Not going to ever change, they will not ever add in an option to prevent joining in progress. otherwise current lobbies where one team lost more than one player will end up not refilling, and it would not be fair for that team to be left disadvantaged just because some players do not like being thrown in to a ongoing match.

    • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
      vims1990

      trialstardragon wrote:

       

      Not going to ever change, they will not ever add in an option to prevent joining in progress. otherwise current lobbies where one team lost more than one player will end up not refilling, and it would not be fair for that team to be left disadvantaged just because some players do not like being thrown in to a ongoing match.

       

      Actually for once, I'm going to agree with TSD with this.

       

      Playing solo has it's disadvantages when it comes to joining a game in progress.

      Eventually someone has to replace the players leaving a match so it's most likely going to be you if you're playing on your own.

      The devs don't want situations where matches are 1 vs 6 for an entire match due to players constantly rage quitting.

       

      Only advice I can give you is to find at least 3 players to party up if you don't like joining losing games in progress.

       

      Or for future COD titles, the first match you join in progress (whether you're on the winning/losing side) does not count as either a win/loss & stats aren't recorded so at least players stay until the end as you have nothing to lose from that match.

      • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
        trialstardragon

        I like your suggestion at the end about the first match not counting toward stats if is a join in progress. Only change would be at what point that should happen. Perhaps if the match is more then 60%-75% done it should not count; but if under that the stats should.

         

        And oh yeah

         

         

        OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! You agreed to what I said?!

        • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
          vims1990

          trialstardragon wrote:

           

          I like your suggestion at the end about the first match not counting toward stats if is a join in progress. Only change would be at what point that should happen. Perhaps if the match is more then 60%-75% done it should not count; but if under that the stats should.

           

          To me, it would depend on score considering most players will care less about the time but more on whether the current situation is worth sticking around in.

           

          Let's say you join a Domination match where you join a team of 2 who are against a full clan in which you're losing 150-20 which to me is not really a fair match to be put into

           

          I think it'll be difficult for the devs to devise a system on whether you deserve either your stats not counting or the loss (depending on what game mode) so I would propose that in any situation you join a match in progress, you get the benefit of the doubt meaning that none of your stats count.

          • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
            trialstardragon

            I can see your point about the score mattering. So maybe a mix of both would be good. If the score is beyond a certain limit, no stats recorded. If the time is beyond a certain limit no stats recorded on the first joined match.

             

            I think they could code it to take score and time in to consideration. The reason I suggest it that way is for those that join a match and maybe get a challenge done in that time. If it did not record the kills/deaths than that challenge would be reset. So that was my main reason for not wanting to just not count the stats for any given reason.

             

            Other than that reason I still do agree with the general idea of your improvement to first joinded games allready in session.

             

            With such a change peoples w/r would not be affected as bad and maybe less would be so angry about loosing at that point.

    • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

      Unfortunately I think you and Vims are both correct, and we will all just have to put up with it as it stands...

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

    Games were you Join In Progress do not count as a loss or a win. This is one of the biggest misconceptions in the COD community.

     

    On a side note, WHO THE F*** CARES IF YOU GET A LOSS OR A WIN?!?!?! It is a video game. Are you trying out for the video game olympics or something?

    • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

      FairLadyZ wrote:

       

      Games were you Join In Progress do not count as a loss or a win. This is one of the biggest misconceptions in the COD community.

       

      On a side note, WHO THE F*** CARES IF YOU GET A LOSS OR A WIN?!?!?! It is a video game. Are you trying out for the video game olympics or something?

      DON'T SHOUT AT ME...

       

      "I" care if I win or lose actually and I guess most other casual players do too. I play to win, I don't like losing regardless of stats or record...

       

      If you play to lose, then that is your prerogative, but don't condescend to players who prefer a fair win to an unfair loss. And with your attitude I would suggest the Special Olympics where everyone gets a prize..

       

      I also like to get First Blood if I can. That is one of my best CoD feelings. On top of that it's not just joining a losing game that I don't like, it's joining a game in progress full stop...

       

      I wish there was a "Quick Match" option that people searching for a game could opt in to and take their chances. That would fill the holes left by dashboarders and leave players like myself who would rather wait a little longer for a full game that option..

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

    J, going by the way you type stuff I'd say you live close to me and are a pretty cool guy, if you want to join our ALBA clan and you aren't a snob and don't mind some occasional bad language you can come play with us, were a dedicated Scottish clan with all 20odd members living within a 2 mile radius of each other, we are always partied with at least 4 every night and you will never get this problem.

    • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?

      That's a very kind offer Craig...

       

      Add me "BAN JUNKY" and I would be happy to lobby up with your clan from time to time. I play with a few groups of players already, but it's always good to have other options open...

       

      Im not a Scott though, I'm English if that's ok with you guys? I know some Celts and Gaelics dinne cairn for tha sasanachs... lol

       

      I do have Scotts in my family, Brother in Law and nephew/neices. That's where the banter comes from...

       

      No offence meant at all, just kiddin...

  • Re: How many of these do you get in a day?
    nuttin2say

    J ....

     

    TSD and vims are right: this is not going to change. In fact, it will be in the next COD, too. GHANDI said so. I kid you not.

     

    A movie applies here ... um ... yeah, this one ...

    Dr Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Live with the Bomb

     

    Basically, now I dashboard, too!!! And life is better for it, let me tell you.

     

    BTW, that game should not have counted either way in your stats. There's a way to check. If you go to Elite and your Score and XP are zero, regardless of kills, etc ... it did not count. That's if it even shows up. A lot of the time they don't even show up for me.

     

    Someone else mentioned a way to check the game before joining, as well. That also works.

     

    On any give day I can get you at least a half dozen matches finish pictures where I've got 25+ kills and next best guy on my team has 12 or less kills. Meanwhile, every guy on the other team scores 10+ kills. You can't blame that shyt on lag.

     

    I really love it when I get placed on a team where I have a 2.0 kdr and the next best guy on my team has a 0.47 kdr while the other team has six guys all with 1.25 and higher kdr's.

     

    The only thing funner than that is getting dropped into a match when the score is 2500 to 800, finishing with a score of 6800 to 7500 (I'm on the losing side, of course) and THEN discovering the aforementioned team makeup.