38 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 2:56 PM by JerryEveryday RSS

Is this a new trend for sore losers?

Quitting at the end of the game so that they don't appear in the final-killcam or quitting during the final-killcam, honestly cant remember it happening much on other cod titles but on this it seems to be every few games and its becoming more frequent, pretty lame if you ask me.

• Re: Is this a new trend for sore losers?
    nicedrewishfela

Been brought up on several threads, but I agree its frustrating. I try my best to stay in matches no matter how good or bad I am doing. I have had games it was embarassing to see the score next to my name, but I stayed in anyways.

Not sure what, if any, solution is out there. I still think, in this stat-centric community, there needs to be a stat for percentage of games completed.

Film_Not_Rated

Seen it alot, but it could be for a few different reasons besides just being the last one to die.

@Nice - The stat idea would be good, but not really a great idea in some ways... I mean if people leave because they're just having a bad game and don't want to bring the team down then they should be able to leave so maybe someone better joins in their place. Its a nice thought but not going to be a true stat to base people off of.

The only reason I leave is if I keep getting killed by FMG-9 Akimbo's, or I'm going very negative (0-5 for example)

nicedrewishfela

I know its frustrating, but there is something to be said for adjusting ones game and making a respectable turnaround on games that you start out poorly in. I have been proudest of some matches where I may end up negative overall, or barely positive, but did so after overcoming a horrible start to do so. Most often I have to change my class and alter my strategy and my fortunes change. Then again, sometimes its just gone from bad to worse. But I think character is developed through adversity.

Noob_Lyncher

Actually, people leave at the end of the game so that they don't lose their win streak a lot of times. Quitting out lets you keep your win streak, and I notice plenty of people on the other team leave right before the match is over, even if they didn't do that bad.

Is the killcam necessary? Or is it you wanted attention for the last kill? When a player leaves the game after it ends or a second after the final score hits, and this means before the scoreboard is displayed or the last kill replayed, everything is recorded and you also get all the points. I would do this sometimes to game hop, game ends and can't wait for the intermission or wanna play different players, leave after it reached the final score and find a new game. Is it cheating? No, the game has completely finished and everything else is not important including that eye candy last kill replay.

That eyecandy makes to a good finish for the game no matter who does it, its nice to see and you sometimes get some pieces of brilliance, they also count towards challenges.

that6uy420

ScoutRanger wrote:

Is the killcam necessary? Or is it you wanted attention for the last kill? When a player leaves the game after it ends or a second after the final score hits, and this means before the scoreboard is displayed or the last kill replayed, everything is recorded and you also get all the points. I would do this sometimes to game hop, game ends and can't wait for the intermission or wanna play different players, leave after it reached the final score and find a new game. Is it cheating? No, the game has completely finished and everything else is not important including that eye candy last kill replay.

awwww.. don't want the killcam showing you get teabagged and then stuck in the back of the melon?

I don't believe this is a "new" trend. People have been doing this for a pretty long time now. I do this sometimes when I am disgusted at the way I died or am just fed up with the game. I don't do it a lot, but on occasion I will leave the game early. Certainly not trending though. I don't leave early for my win streak though, that is laughable, my win streak means nothing to me. I do it for reasons stated above and that is it.

Don't really mind if the kill cam isn't shown just makes me smile thinking I made them RAGE QUIT which is better than any kill cam/ win .

trialstardragon

Really I wish they had an option to turn off the kill cam or skip it even win it is the final kill. I never watch them and just find them annoying when they begin to play.

electricfuneralfire

I like watching the final kill even if im the one getting killed. Its even better if I do something so ridiculously stupid like get shot a couple times then fall off Overwatch. For some reason I get a kick out of being "that guy".

A DNF stat would be cool as long as disconnecting doesn't count.

About the DNF stat thing. What if you took people with abnormally high DNF precentages and matched them up with others that quit a lot? Kinda like that one game, can't remember, but it puts cheaters into lobbies filled with other cheaters. Not that quitting is a form of cheating, but the principle is the same. Discourage it by forcing them to play with others who do the same.

otisman666

cobain87 wrote:

About the DNF stat thing. What if you took people with abnormally high DNF precentages and matched them up with others that quit a lot?

3arch actually tried to do something like this early on in WAW, but it royally messed up matchmaking.

SitRepPro

I thought it works in Black Ops?  When ever I was put in matches mid-game where the score was absolutely ridiculous, whether winning or losing, I tried different methods of quitting: force disc out, dashboard, power down, and unplug the Ethernet cable.  All of these techniques gave me a loss.

I wouldn't have minded back then but I'd like to join a match mid-game that is even and has some distance to go, or give me the option of playing a full match instead.  At least now in MW3 I can enter spectator mode before spawning and just leave when pressing the start button.  I don't care for the stats but it's still annoying that I'm given a loss for something out of my control.  Sometimes I join in as finding another match can take some time and I've made a few enjoyable turnarounds in the past that I thought was out of reach.

I joined a match in Dome at 7400 each and I got the final kill.  I didn't like doing that but I made damn well sure I wasn't going to be on it!

This is "new" to you?  It's like every 5th kill cam in Drop Zone.

WKMMS

If I'm on a team full of guys all going super negative then I usually back out as soon as the game is over.  I'm not staying in the lobby and risking getting paired up with them again.  Since I don't care about match bonus, there's no reason to hang around when I can be moving on to the next game.  However, if I'm in the final killcam I tend to stay and watch it though, particularly if it's potentially a classic MW3 WTF moment

CowboySr

Its not a new trend. They quit either because

1. They are done playing
    2. They dont want to give you the satisfaction of letting others see what you did to them
    3. They want to go in a diff lobby anyway
    4. They are embarrassed
    JerryEveryday

I HATE PEOPLE THAT DO THAT. It seems more and more people are doing this lately.

I've never quit out of any game in MW3 yet. I stay through to the end. Whether I'm super negative or positive. I'll leave once we get back into the lobby but quitting out in the middle of a game b/c I'm getting beat isn't my style. Call me old fashion....

nicedrewishfela

Good stuff. I went through a period where I was very frustrated with this game and left lobbies often, but now I try to tough it out every match unless real life intervenes and I have to make a quick exit.

Its most frustrating right now as I just prestiged. There is nothing like having a good game while trying to level up and losing all that progress when the game suddenly ends and spits you out of the lobby.

JerryEveryday

When this game first released, I HATED THIS GAME. I would play once every other week or so. Dying around corners, people just spraying with PP90s/steady aim, kill cams that show you not shooting even though on your screen the enemy is eating bullets, terrible spawns, terrible spawns and terrible spawns. Still I've never left a game midway yet. I take my butt whoopings like a man every though they are few and far between now.

I love playing teams tho. I love making them quit and my favorite part is to troll them with messages. It's what I dew (EL PRESADOR VOICE)

SirMaXx

always makes me laugh