1 2 3 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 6:16 PM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

If spawn trapping is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.

Both tactics take practice and are a built in part of the game. Both are exploits. But because so many kids love to quick scope and hate to be spawn killed, only one offense is bannable? That's just silly.

Personally I hate both of them, and think IW needs to remove quick scoping abilities, and patch spawn kill issues.

The spawn killing on Aground is ludicrous.

*edited, to be 'trapping' instead of spawn killing which is legal

• 1. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.
    WKMMS

but quickscoping isn't an exploit *puts on flame suit*

• 2. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.

I want to add that quick scoping does not take skill. It is easy and took me only a few minutes to learn after someone explained the configuration to use.

It exploits the application's inability to keep up with 10 sensitivity, quickdraw pro, and steady aim. I have seen people spin and hit someone on the other side of the map 10 out of 10 times and the sights were no where near the target.

That is because the application cannot track the sights at that speed.

This is not a skill. It is an exploit. It is easy to learn. And it is ridiculous.

Spawn killing probably takes more time to learn and execute then quick scoping does.

The reason people like quick scoping and hate spawn killing is because the quick scopers like being able to exploit, but hate when they get spawn trapped.

That's just silly, and I am surprised IW buys into it

• 3. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.
    MooseHunter3

Very well put and completely agree,

Only people that will disagree will be the other exploiters, sorry quickscopers.

• 4. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.

I am talking about people who only quick scope. The occassional quick scope when you are sniping and get rushed is fine

• 5. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.
    phxs72

The difference is that QSing an approved tactic much like drop shotting.  They even put in a perk just to make it easier to do.  With the small maps in MW3, I can actually understand why they did it just because there really aren't that many long lines of sight to use a snipe rifle properly and if they took them out of MW3 then the snipers would be upset.  Also, there is no ban for spawn killing just spawn trapping and that is just to discourage people from doing it for the better enjoyment of the game for all.  Although, I can't say that I've seen all that many people getting banned for spawn trapping either.  It tends to break down on it's own when someone gets too agressive and flips the spawn.  I wouldn't miss QS if it were gone but there's lots of things that I wouldn't miss.  However, the game isn't built around just one type of playstyle.  It's a game of strategy and you have to learn to adapt.  I can gaurentee that BO2 will have a few changes in it that will cause everyone to rethink their gameplay once again.  It's part of what keeps the game fresh even though it's also part of what rubs us the wrong way sometimes.

• 6. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.
    WKMMS

So what you're saying is that if someone was playing with a sniper rifle and had 10 sensitivity, they're looking through their scope, see a target to the left or right, then quickly drag their crosshairs to the target and fire, then that's an exploit?  So all snipers playing on 10 sensitivity who adjust their aim too quickly are exploiters... not just the quickscopers?

• 7. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.

Is spawn trapping actually banable?  Thats a real laugh seeing as though it could easily be fixed by Infinty Ward by giving a few seconds of spawn protection like most online shooters have.  Also when you say spawn trapping ruins the game I could also say that when I flank a sniper and he turns around and auto aim locks onto me and he pulls the trigger before I even ADS.  The fact that someone who is tactically outplayed is able to use an exploit to their advantage is absurd. 

Also in order to actually get spawned trap you would have to be incredibly out performed in nearly every way.  I've played allot of  Demolition and domination and I have never been spawn trapped in games where I've played the whole round.  In fact I've only joined 1 actual spawn traps in which there were 2 low levels playing splitscreen with more than 100 deaths.

• 8. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.
    ghamorra

Quickscoping was intentionally placed in the game and is supported by Activision and IW. Spawn killing is a matter of poor spawns and map creations. It is not supported by any developer and has openly be expressed as bannable

Spawn killing has no defense and is impossible to break. The difference between spawn killing and spawn trapping is that spawn trapping allows the players a chance to spawn and make decisions. They can, for the most part, move freely within an area, their decisions from that point are of their own accord

• 9. Re: If spawn killing is bannable, then quick scoping should be as well.
    WKMMS

think you got mixed up there.... spawn trapping is allowed.  That's when you hold in such a way that you force your enemy to spawn in a particular part of the map.  Like B and C on Interchange will force the other team to spawn by A the whole time, unless one of the team goes too far into the enemy spawn and causes a flip.  Spawn killing is where you're team manipulate the spawns so that the enemy team can only spawn in a certain point beside their objective while one of the team can be sat there in the spawn killing them as they spawn in... that is a bannable offence

1 2 3 Previous Next