19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 10:08 PM by thegamekilla007 RSS

has anyone noticed this about Lag

Out

The last few days  I have noticed that the Lag monster seems to change sides during game play ,   What i mean is if i start a game and Lag in not an issue for me,  it will change about 1/2 way thru the game and become a problem,   or if i start on with lag driving me crazy about 1/2 thru the game it goes away ...........  I first thought it was was because people were joining the game in progress, but that does not seem to be the issue,  and  i dont see or have any host migrations screens when this happens .....

what do you all think or have you noticed it?

• Re: has anyone noticed this about Lag
    gigitygigity

Not in the last few days. It's been like that since the game came out.

rlbl

I am sure it happens all the time. It is very noticeable when you seem untouchable and go on a massive streak... then part way through the game you can't kill anyone to save your life.

It is like the game is saying:" Ok you had you fun, now let's even this out a bit"

Jackal235

The lag is pretty much the same from day one :0.5- 2 sec depends on the game.

The game virtualy  has no support whatsoever.

Spoksmen (Bowling, Rubin) -empty words and lies.

wridtrvlr

Since day one this is an issue.  Example: games starts and I go on a tear, 11-2 or whatever, and then all of a sudden the beast reveals itself.  I fake left, fake right, but the killcam only shows me running mindlessly towards the enemy as if in a dream world all to myself....

Next thing I know, I've died so many times I'm getting my death streak, wondering what the F is going on because I was just beasting the entire enemy team and now I can't kill anyone!!!!!  The joys of MW3.

I have to admit I have this happen all the time - go an a tear and then its like the game says "ok thats enough soup for you" lol

Is there more help for the noobs built into the game than death streaks. ???

Runs to get tinfoil hat.

ghamorra

So that's why I'll start the match out 15-0 and then end 20-12

It's a conspiracy I tell you, the Man is trying to bring me down!

wridtrvlr

This exactly!!  Yesterday playing my HCKC, I was on a complete tear!!  I remember vividly because I was coming up on my max kill streak.  I was 19-0 at the beginning of a match in Bootleg when the beast arose from the ashes.  All of a sudden before I know it, I am on my death streak struggling to kill anyone.  Game ends with me 23-22.... 

Makes no sense why I could be killing someone so easily in the beginning, then all of sudden they are completely unkillable and again, if I watch in theatre mode, most of my deaths look like I am in lala land looking at the butterflies, while the enemy is focused on putting that bullet between my eyes. 

Out

lol  i agree i think it might be a conspiracy

Ah yes, I noticed in Black Ops that there was connection inconsistency in between matches. On MW3 I noticed within the first day that this was the same, only it was inconsistancy in the match itself.

So yes, noticed it, a long time ago.

I do this quite often.

I'm only an average or below average player, but I have started a quite few games positive, going about 5 to 6 killstreak (i've never been a high killstreak player), then at end of game I've ended negative. Making me look like i've never played a COD game before.

Might not be lag for me though as I've done this on all other COD games, lol. My kill death ratio on all COD games are round about 1.00.

I think my brain shuts down and I must start daydreaming or something, cos I go into no kill mode where I can't aim straight and lose most gunfights, even if I start shooting first.

It is either 1 of 2 things. either you get serious spikes or you dont understand that ure opponent have changed theyre gameplay.

I had a similar game today, but this happend to my opponent not me.

I started of with the sniper in black box and this guy on the other team was running around with pp90m tearing it up with 7-0 and i was at 2-3 then i switched to my darling ACR and ended up going 26-6 and he did like 13-15 or 15-13 dont recall.

But the thing is after I switched and changed my playing style he did not and I was tearing him up since he was to consistent on how he played. easy to predict where I would meet him.

Out

Spikes might explian what i am seeing,  but they would have to be constant, i see this in 99% of the games  and different times of the day

Opponets dont seem to be changing packages,   What  i am seeing makes me think when i am on the good side of the lag or 1/2 the game, that the other team dosent even see me untill it is to late,  the other 1/2 of the game i dont see them until its to late,

The only plus to this happening is at least you may get 1/2 a game that doesnt suck, but then its not really a contest is it

The better question would be who hasnt noticed. The answer to that would be Infinity Ward, that any game company can call this broken lag compensation acceptable shows complete ignorance on their part.

I personally have given up on this game aside from special ops and survival. Is it just me or has everyone else noticed that IW just cant seem to get it right. MW2 was ruined by noobtubes, quickscopers, and hackers that were running around unchecked just to name a few things.

Now they fix our complaints about MW2, only to completely screw over anyone who has a decent broadband service. Excellent job ruining a game franchise IW.