34 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 8:28 AM by Mask3nSwe RSS

Remake of COD4 (just a dream though)

KTPhoenix

How many of you would like to see a remake of COD4?

I know there are a lot of people out there that dont care about the old games because to a lot of you, new is always better (until you start complaining about everything within the first month or so) and dont even want to think about taking a step back. You probably think that they should go forward and not backward in the series but honestly, forward is not always better when it comes to IW. IW has proven time and again that they just cant deliver the quality games like they used to.

I would actually like to see a remake of COD4 with minor changes to the overall game. Things like a new weapon in every weapon class, 1 new perk in every tier (keeping out the most contraversial of course like OMA and the like) and so on and so forth. However, they should keep the killstreaks at 3-5-7 with the UAV, Airstrike and Helicopter WITH NO POSSIBILITY OF ANY VERSION OF THE NUKE WHATSOEVER. I cant stress that enough. Maybe they could even add in a new gametype or 2 from the new games just to keep things interesting.

I think this should be like a special promo before their next failure in 2013. I think a lot of COD veterans including myself would enjoying playing COD4 again when its revamped just a tiny bit with A LOT more security that it had in the past. As well as a better in-game reporting system.

This to me would be a great thing for IW to do. Kind of like a special thanks to the COD community. For all the support of purchasing their product, they should remake COD4 with a few changes since this is a fan favorite.

What do you think?

• Re: Remake of COD4 (just a dream though)

Well you can buy old games through the xbox dashboard so i hope that when the new consoles come out cod4 will be available and will hopefully be hack free as you would only play people on the new consoles.

Easy money for activision to just do that rather than make a new version of the game.

I have very fond memories of cod 4 and that will do for me, its all about going forward, not backwards.

nicedrewishfela

I don't think you remake a work of art. CoD4 was brilliant for its time, and a remake wouldn't capture its brilliance.

I think a better idea would be for Activision and IW to honor its greatness by going back in and shoring up the security in games like CoD4 and W@W. Both are pretty much unplayable now, but if they did updates and helped clean up  the plague of hackers, cheaters, and modders, a lot of the core audience would go back and play it again every now and then.

I am with Craig, move forward, not backwards. But its a shame what they've let the classics become.

THEDentisT

I totally disagree about always going forward, forward is NOT always the right way to go.

COD4 and MW2 were true shooters. The skilled players dominated and the crappy players sucked. The game wasnt ruined trying to balance things for all players. MW3 and any other new shooters just are not what they use to be. Too much based on graphics, larger maps, evening it out for all players, too much crap added to it. I personally think a shooter should be a shooter, nothing else. I dont want 100s of options i dont want flashy graphics, I want a shooter that actually has GREAT gameplay like COD4 and MW2 use to have.

The main problem is the current IW team isnt the same IW that made MW1 and 2. Activision screwed everything up, and I am looking forward to the next game respawn puts out that the core of the old IW team will be doing. (hopefully anyways).

MW2 was not a true shooter, well not in the sense you are making it out to be, as for going forward I'm not talking about gameplay, I'm talking about new maps, modes and fresh ideas.

nicedrewishfela

I don't always understand this argument. Games are intended for the enjoyment of all, not just a select few. There's kind of an arrogance to people saying "skilled' and 'noob". While the devs have sometimes gone too far with the tools they offer, I have no issues with making the game accessible and enjoyable to all. The strong players will still stand out, they always do.

People are just upset that they can't dominate matches with impunity anymore, because the playing field gets evened out a little bit. If people are still getting 4+ K/Ds and 50 MOABs, yadda yadda yadda... then there is still plenty of balancing left to do as its obviously not enough of a challenge.

Yeah its a bad one, when everyone used to say people shouldn't be allowed support streaks I was one of the few who was always like why not, why cant they get the satisfaction of a decent kill streak now and again, it always seems to be the killwhores going for large killstreaks who think they're entitled to Dominate others that don't want any balance.

THEDentisT

Its a different balance now tho. Sure some peoeple can dominate in MW3 but not the same type of player that use to dominate COD4 and MW2. The gameplay in this game is completely different. Also MUCH more inconsistant.

Sure games are made for the enjoyment of all dosnt mean they need to change things so we are all equal. If your not good you practice and get better. This is the problem with the world today, we live in a society where we are all equals and we play for fun. I say thats BS. You play things to win and have fun trying to win and being the very best you can be. Some people will be better then others, games shouldnt be designed to take that away. COD4 and MW2 were alot more balanced games. If u wanted to run and gun you could, if you wanted to camp you could, if you wanted to patrol you could.  Now it forces players to play ALOT slower and limits how much 1 person can impact a game. They dont change the rules of sports and how they are played to accomodate the less skilled players do they, no they encourage peopel to practice and get better.... why should they do that with games..

I do agree to an extent but you cant compare sports to this, in sport you have different tiers of levels to separate the best from the worst whereas in cod we are thrown together in one big pool so the devs have to find some way of helping the newer players to adapt.

THEDentisT

very good point, But i think it should be understood that newer players are not going to be as good and that should be that. This game has been the highest selling game ever already every release, so pleasing the newer players really wasnt ever a serious issue.

But by them changing the gameplay, look at the community now. ALOT of the hardcore loyal players who have been here playing COD religiously for years have now stoped playing, or just dont play nearly asmuch as they use to. Whats that say about where this game is going...

video games aren't sports whatsoever. that's why....

THEDentisT

No videos games are obviously not sports. But the concept of winning and losing is. The copncept of practicing untill your the best is. Im not saying its the same, but used it as an example. In this its tweam played games, where you and your team are trying to win the game, same as sport. Its more mental and hand eye co-ordination whereas sports is more physical. But the basis of it is the same. You are playing a game and trying to win. Not everyone should be on a level playing field, there should be good players and bad players, shouldnt have it dumbed down for less skilled players just because they might get upset and not play anymore.

nicedrewishfela

But at the same time, we were all new to the game at some point, and we may not have been as good as we are now. I know when I first played W@W I was G-d Awful. I am and never have been great, but I get the job done now for the most part. In some of the old CoDs, you never stood a chance. I don't think the playing field has been leveled, I think they just offered more choices for players. There are still good players and players still learning or struggling with the game.

In sport, everyone is, in fact on a level playing field. They all have the same rules, the same equipment. Now, within the confines of those rules and using that equipment, you are still going to have players who excel and players who struggle.

I still think there is a clear defining line between strong, average, and poor players in this game, I don't see how its been "dumbed down".

THEDentisT

I agree MW2 was not perfect. But hands down 2nd best shooter of all time next to COD4. So i threw it in my post. lol

As for going forward with maps, they have been and thats one of biggest negative impacts on the game. Too much focus on large maps with flashy grpahics. Getting away from the small maps of COD4 where it was one side vs the other. Now its just random crap placed everywhere, with spawns that make no sense. Gets away form one side vs the other when people are randomly spawning everywhere. They need to go back to how spawning worked in COD4 and IMO the map sizes of COD4 where u didnt have to run for 45 seconds just to get shot in the back.

Fresh ideas - well I think they have had some decent fresh ideas,( new game types, different perks, etc) and if they incorperated them into a game more similar to COD4 it would be much better then anything else on the market.

These are just my opinions. I just feel it has gotten to far away from what it use to be in its prime by trying to go too far forward and forgetting about what this game was and still should be.

Can I pre-pay for this now? Lol. I'd absolutely love it!

JGDC74

Why would anyone want a remake of CoD4?

It doesn't need improving in any way, it just needs IW to stop the cheats!

If it was remade, it would be as laggy as MW3 with Elite.

If only they would fix the original, I wouldn't play MW3 anymore as the other CoD games are far superior.

THEDentisT

They could come out with map packs for COD4 and MW2, if they fixed the the cheating/hacking issues. They would make alot of money off it. I understand why they dont as they want peopel always buying and playing the new one for records and stats compared to other games etc.

But i think they would make ALOT of money releasing map packs for the older CODs and on top of makin money they would make their fans happy and im sure bring ALOT of players who have moved on to other games and or dont play as much back to playing COD.

OOOW I HAVE AN IDEA! What they can do is, on the next generation console they can release all the COD's multiplayer for free. You download it from the dashboard, and play it without hacks and with new security. If anyone else had this idea i'm sorry I didn't read all the comments. I think Activision needs to see this idea.

I can go onto MW2 and pretty much have a 3 kd all day every day, because my style of play is to run and gun, never stop pressing the left sprint button, and I can play that way on the game. Whereas I have to be concentrating to get a kill in MW3, in MW2 muscle memory does all the work for me, and I'll get kill after kill.

THEDentisT

I totally agrere kitty, same thing in COD4 for me. Yet MW3 its like pulling teeth to try and get a decent KD consistantly. The run n gun game style does not work anymore. Sure some games you can go 30- 3, but then next game you will go 15-15 due to spawns and other MW3 BS. They ruined the game for people who actually want to play, not sit in a corner with their thumb up their butts waiting for someone to run by. and kudos to those that can still pull the run n gun off. But in reality its ALOT more rare now then it ever was and its a shame.....

I wish there was a remake of Cod4 best game ever.

nuttin2say

Actually, I think someone could make a chunk of change re-releasing the games with the hack crack fixed & removed.

They could be legacy games. And would not even have to be limited to COD.

I don't even think they'd have to put a lot of money into getting rid of the bogus hacks/cheats. Fix the hacks/mods/glitches, clear out the cheats, re-release the game for $20, $25 ... maybe for $20 and you could pay an extra $5 to keep your stats/etc from the past.

I'd pay $25 do accompish that.

KTPhoenix

I kind of figured that some people would say its a bad idea. "we should push forward and not go backward". like i said before, that is obviously not working out with IW. with Treyarch, it DOES work, but IW just plain lost it after COD4.

whoever said that Ghost sucks, get the hell out of this thread. he was one of the best characters in the game. another thing is that MW2 is not a true shooter. with all the things wrong with that game the only thing true about it is how truely it sucks.

i do think the remake should be 10th aniversary or somthing like that. i agree. as for those saying they shouldnt remake it with new stuff, well how about making a separate playlist for the new stuff?

or make it a 2 disk set where the first disk is a complete revamp of COD4 with all the BS taken out (like the hacks and glitches) and security hightened and basically have everything in the game be as it was back then. and on the 2nd disk they have a special game where it takes and even amount of maps from COD4, MW2 and MW3, and same with perks, weapons etc. (except the nuke or any variation thereof of course).

that would be one hell of a 10th aniversary. and im not saying that this thing should replace the new IW COD from coming out, but it should at least be some kind of special for not only being a franchise this long but also giving something back to the community. i for one would LOVE to have that and would most definately buy it.

Mojammer

I would totally be up for a remake, but I'd like to see the campaign redone.  I'm a total fan-boy for the modern warfare campaigns, and I think a remake where they put in all the content from all three games.

i think that would be awesome, if they did a remake of cod4 ,, i love cod4