16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 12:36 PM by FiiLiiLii_CCC RSS

Split Screeners

KingM16

I would like to know why split-screeners are allowed to play online multiplayer?

To me this is like cheating. One of the split-screeners dies and the alive one instantly has access to any of his remaining teams screen.

What are your thoughts on this and do you play online split-screen?

• Re: Split Screeners
    rlbl

Although your points are valid, this argument has been discussed since the beginning of Black Ops.

Your thread is only 1.5+ years late.

Just Saying

KingM16

I take your point but still hasn't been properly addressed though

rlbl

I am not sure what you mean by that... if you mean it has not been addressed because they put it in MW3 then yea I would agree.

Considering the age of the argument and people are generally of the (most popular) opinion that split screening should not be in the game (or at least have it's own lobby etc...)... it is a moot point. Black Ops 2 is way into it's development so it is either in or out at this point.

Starting an argument is not going to provoke any change for MW3, and little for BO2 (heh maybe this thread should be in the BO2 forums, if it does not already exist).

monkeylord

Yeah I play split screen and to be honest a good team who commuinicate will have access to the same info also any benefit from the screen at the bottom is canceld out both by the audio feed which can often be very misleading as bullet spang may sound like it's behind you when infact it's the other player in trouble and the fact of how fast the game moves glancing down will often get you killed.

When I used to run in parties or play with someone else on a seperate console/PC landmark/grid reference call out is way more helpfull than taking your eyes off your own screen.

ps3agamer1

i can see your point about them both screenwatching each other, but dont forget because they are on the same tv they have 50% less screen for their own player

70% of split screeners only play so they can boost and to get Moab ,

BanHaMMer

hughes27 wrote:

70% of split screeners only play so they can boost and to get Moab ,

Thats a bloody big percentage, where did you get your facts from?

I don't play splitscreen, but making a sweeping statement like that is baseless unless you can provide proof.

monkeylord is not a booster, or are you saying people that organize parties with mates are boosters as well?

show us proof!

TheBeastlyDude

Banhammer is right, that is a huge percentage considering I see 70% of split screeners never go positive nor even get close to a MOAB.

monkeylord

MOAB means nowt i've played well over 6 thousand rounds and seen about a dozen enemy MOABs so well over 99% of the solo/clan players we run across fail to hit the MOAB does it mean that 99% of solo/clan players are crap? in a word nope

Making up numbers such as 70% mean less than nothing and is just a perpetuated general bias.

The spread of sucky players are equally spread across the solo's ,parties,clans and split screeners hell if split screeners suck so much then surely people should praise the heavens as having them on the opposition should mean an easy MOAB .

Hey but then again why let a little thing like reality get in the way of a good gripe.

Maybe 70% is a bit high , after playing a lot of infected most split screeners on that are after one thing

monkeylord

Can't defend that mode me and the wife enjoyed chasing and killing each other on infeced but a couple of rounds in on the 1st day we saw boosters trying to hit an MOAB so we stopped playing it as you could see how bad it was gonna get.

I fully agree that some modes just shouldn't allow splittes in as it goes against the spirit of the mode and a lot are to weak to resist temptation of an easy MOAB that is meanigless when earned like that.

I hate split screeners because the guest (the one with the number 1 next to their name) generally is completely horrible, and they somehow ALWAYS end up on my team.

Snipingdbag

I played split screen for a while with another 2 plus k/d player. Far from an advantage. I wanted to strangle myself. Sure a good player can do good split screen, but overall it's too big a handicap. It's funny back then they even gave me host while I'm playing split screen. This game is so broken.

Spit screening should be limited in big game modes to players with above average spms & good nets. They generally handicap teams and cause massive sync issues. Next to making boosting easier.

lol it sad that ya guys be whining about moabs.. if ya see a guy campin & been there a while.. then go kill him .. that wat i do.. i have played over 7,000 games & i only got killed by like 5moabs max..& those 5moabs was cus i came in the game late.. cus if i see a guy with to much kills & low deaths i look for him no matter what.. stop whining.