14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 11:51 AM by willzy123 RSS

Things I'd like to see in BlOps 2

unicronhound

First and foremost, I want to see Ghost/Assassin removed, I rely on both look around for people, and the minimap. Why the hell would you give a person an incentive to camp in a corner? If ghost/assassin wasn't removed, then at least bring back the blackbird to penetrate it so you know if you're running into a nest of ghost campers, or disable silencers when they use ghost/assassin. Better yet, make the ghost/assassin perk as an equipment instead, if you want to remain invisible to the UAV, and whatever else you have to place something like a Blops Jammer. For everyone that SCREAMS "Stop spamming the UAV", they should take Ghost/Assassin out, and make the UAV a 5 or 6 killstreak. I still remember mostly snipers using it in W@W, and it wasn't too big of a deal.

Another thing you should do is kill the rapid fire already, especially with the SMGs that are OP already. Also DON'T put double tap/rapidfire on Assault rifles, that's one of the worst ideas in MW3. Had they made the gun they put rapid on shoot normally, there wouldn't be a need for it at all, I can shoot the single burst rifles perfectly fine/fast without rapid fire equipped and win 92% of my gun fights, just like many others, why put rapid fire on them?

Bring back a LARGE assortment of single burst rifles, I loved all the single burst of W@W, and Blops, I'd love to see the W@W ones back. Also wouldn't mind scopeless snipers again like what we had in W@W, they were great.

If you bring back Gun Game, take OUT the humilation, it's annoying as hell getting to the last gun and oops, you just got demoted from someone stabbing you in the back. Also to prevent people from camping mix Gun Game with Kill Confirmed so if they want to upgrade to the next weapon they have to get to where they just killed the person and collect the new gun. Make it so if someone gets to it they get points, NOT the gun, and the person who earned it has to kill someone else for the next gun they need. Also do the same thing for One in the Chamber, they have to collect the bullet from the person they just killed, or the kill doesn't count towards the final score.

Don't change the killstreaks AI, MW3 is far too powerful for their killstreaks AI, so you have to camp indoors to prevent an insta-death from out of nowhere. I'm not saying dumb down everything, but don't make it so that the first two shots from an attack helicopter brings you down. BlOps had it right, the unmanned killstreaks were powerful, but you could survive more than 2 shots from it.

Also fix drop shotting so you can shoot while you switch from stand to crouching, or proning, or make it realistic. Go out to a shooting range, and have an expert dropshot and use what he does to model the game's drop shotting after. If the gun goes crazy while the guy switches to a crouch/prone, then incorporate it into the game itself

• Re: Things I'd like to see in BlOps 2
    yates435

You stop spamming UAV's, and I'll stop using Ghost.

unicronhound

I don't spam UAVs, I also don't rely on the minimap, I do check it to see if I'm running into campers, but when ghost ******* camp in the weed with suppressors how the hell do you want me to find them? Go super slow through the entire dam map check EVERY bush, under every car, etc? Also if you're tired of people using the UAV here's an idead, use the COUNTER-UAV this way they can't see you on the map.

ghamorra

unicronhound wrote:

First and foremost, I want to see Ghost/Assassin removed permanently, I rely on both gameplay, and the minimap.

Maybe you should stop relying on the mini and dot chasing

Stealth perks I don't mind if their category is balanced alongside the killstreaks.

4, 5 and 6 make the choice between extra bullet damage and stealth.

7 and 8 make the choice between total stealth and subtle perks, especially in MW3.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Stealth perks are fine and dandy if the system is balanced - they don't need an entire removal.

Rapid fire I totally agree with removing. A gun's base stat's should never be affected by attatchments, bar range with suppressors. Increasing the fire rate of a gun in reality means adjusting or changing most internal mechanisms and possibly changing bullet weight and caliber. It's an overpowered attatchment. Didn't mind World at War's Double Tap though because Stopping Power was an overall better choice, but I still didn't like it's presence.

I agree with more semi-atuomatics/battle/marksman rifles and iron-sighted bolt-actions. Mosin Nagant with a bayonet was just glorious.

No to taking out humiliation if Wager Games are brought back. Yes to removing bankruptcy from Sticks and Stones - give a Tomohawk hit a reduction of 300 or so points.

Eh, didn't play MW3 enough to care.

robbierocket

The only way I think something like rapid fire could be achieved (more bullets per second) is akimbo. Akimbo, should be in, but only for single hand held weapons and the accuracy of each should be hip-fire. All in all, akimbo should be a lot of bullets fast (if you're in the way of them) but not much else.

unicronhound

I'm not saying take them out completely, but when you're facing a team of ghosts/assassins that camp with suppressors, it get irrating. They need to change up alot of this game, people want to keep ******** about the UAVs? Ok, take ghost out, or make it an equipment, and make the UAV a 5-6 killstreak so people can stop complaining. But when people HAVE to rely on ghost/assassin camping to get kills it's annoying. Yeah, I also forgot to add bring back the bayonet, that was fun when I ran out of bullets in my rifles, and sidearms, or had to reload, and somone was running towards me.

The_Bolt_Action_Man

Sorry bud didn't agree with anything apart from different burst weapons and scope less snipers.

unicronhound

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. At the VERY least, they need to rebalance the whole ghost/assassin, and UAV "problem". People complain about UAV spamming? Ok make it 5-6 kills to get one, but remove ghost.

The_Bolt_Action_Man

To be honest I don't know what the big fuss is concerning ghost/assassin, but a lot of people have suggested stopping power and juggernaut should return and be in the same perk tier with ghost/assassin to balance them out which I strongly agree with what do you think?

unicronhound

I never noticed problems with stopping power, never seemed to affect me, only  reason I used stopping power was when I had to shoot through a wall with deep impact on also. But Juggernaut? No way in hell should that ever return, it's bad enough they had it return as a killstreak. When it took half a Browning clip to kill a juggernaut, you know it's OP.

If they decided to put some perks from MW3 in Blops 2, then they should make you choose between Assassin/Ghost, and Blindeye. This way you have to choose between protection from higher Killstreaks, or protection from UAV. I honestly do use Blindeye because I hate the killstreaks in MW3, it's always an insta-kill.

The big fuss with assassin/ghost, for me at least is that I like to know if I'm walking into a camping spot, it's not like they put tents up to signal where they are, and 90% of the time I get killed, it's from a ghost who was camping just out of the way for easy kills. Just like I understand why SOME people use it, there are some real complaints good players that hated hearing "enemy UAV" every ten seconds. But the majority of the people I play against use Ghost/Assassin straight away, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. They don't use it because of the UAV, but mainly to troll other people. Heck, I wouldn't care nearly as much if they left ghost/assassin in, if they made the person stand out a bit more, so they couldn't camp in corners, in weeds, etc. Make a person who uses Ghost/assassin a REALLY bright color that isn't able to blend in that well.

robbierocket

I don't miss JUG or SP and whilst I'm not against a jacket of some kind (perhaps with slightly less movement) working as extra protection (JUG), or brutal body-splitting bullets (perhaps with a slower reload) working as extra damage (SP), these things would have to be balanced just right!

I love it when all or most (13 out of 15) perks are seen being used in every match. That means good balance and that means variety, choice and fun.

NB. I made a new thread about JUG and SP, I feel it's relevant.

willzy123

Battery 2025