20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 4:36 PM by xMRxNemo RSS

Sitrep Pro

Ruined search & destroy and FFA for the most part, I know this has been noted before, but rushing + claymores + bouncing betties, etc. are now obsolete because everyone including their mother's uses Sitrep Pro to soundwhore like crazy and identify enemy equipment and footsteps without the need for a good headset. It's got everyone feeling like they're GameBattles ferocious beast and camping levels are at an all time high. If you're at A and the enemy plants at B with Sitrep Pro (or vice versa), then you're gonna have a bad time.

• Re: Sitrep Pro

IW does not listen to customers. It's up to Treyarc now... I know I feel dirty when I use sitrep pro, and I know I get mad when I watch a killcam and I see an enemy turn around and lay down waiting for me 100 feet away...

It's kind of pitiful watching someone crouch across the map for a minute or two hoping they don't get heard, watch them trip over the stairs.. then BAM.

It's also pitiful watching someone camp with Sitrep Pro and have them soundwhore like crazy the entire map because you decided to rush and but got picked off by a soundwhore who heard your footsteps a mile away, even with Dead Silence Pro.

It's a damn shame, but I'm giving Treyarch the benefit of the doubt unless its Activision telling these developers to cater to the noobs.

that6uy420

you know it's really easy to give a soundwhore a bad time.. simply make sure that all they can hear is explosions or air support.  When environmental sounds are drowning out footsteps they can't pinpoint a damn thing.

Jimmienoman

I have come to find that I use cheap tactics to counter SRP.

The first thing I do is have Recon on. This allows you to toss tac grenades into those hard to reach spots and check if they are there.

The cheap part I use is if I get REALLY annoyed, I pull out the air burst grenade launcher. Gives you 12 shots. It's not for killing someone, but instead I use it in conjunction with recon to scout out camping spots.

Yes I agree Sitrep Pro has ruined SnD for the most part, but I also think Recon is the other thing that is starting to ruin it for me. I cant explain how many times I have been spawn flashed by recon noobs on infinity wards poorly designed maps. I think the patch to Sitrep needs to be reversed to the way it originally was. SnD was fun then but now it's almost impossible to find a lobby with no one using Recon or Sitrep Pro. I believe in Treyarch as they have listened to the community in the past. But for now I wont give in the the noobish ways of Infinity Ward and will never use recon, assassin and sitrep in a game of SnD. Also Recon is not supposed to help find assassin players, the perk was specifically made for people who are bad at the game so they could win some gun fights. My SnD Class: Ump45 Rapid Fire, Deagles Akimbo, Concussion, C4, Extreme Conditioning, Quickdraw and Dead Silence

Thank you sir someone who feels as if the game has been destroyed do to sit rep pro

Brian_Eyekon

Sit-Rep Pro does what it suppose 2 now makes your footsteps louder and it only makes dead silence users footsteps normal volume so unless they own a headset they still cant hear you quit crying about something that isnt that bad.

nicedrewishfela

Sit Rep Pro's redesign was poorly handled. It makes another perk completely useless rather than just act as a counter to it. There is no reason that someone with Dead Silence on should sound like an elephant marching across a Tin Roof. When I use DS, I can hear my own footsteps padding along softly. If they wanted to, they could have made it so that is the same sound Sit Rep Pro users hear, no need to make it sound like I am wearing tap shoes.

Plus... using DS... wouldn't it make more sense that I would hear other people's footsteps more clearly? After all, mine are muffled, so they shouldn't be masking sounds. The logic seems flawed.

Brian_Eyekon

Well I use headphones and dont hear my footsteps when I run Dead Silence but since im primarily a Drop Zone player I see no point to run it due to fake pakeages being dropped and theres a counter to it just throw on Recon if you got the Pro variant even better use a tactical grenade chuck in areas you kno are prime camping spots and there you go problem solved.

Dumb update... sitrep pro RUINED the game !!!

FIX IT FAST

Brian_Eyekon

how is it ruined if recon can counter they just wanted a counter to every perk in the game recon also counters those damn assassin users.

recon doesnt counter sitrep .. people will hear you coming when they are hit with recon ...

and what if they have recon/sitrep? they should have left it were dead silence counters siterep

Recon is a perk to help show new cod players where the baddies are. See all you have to do little jimmy is throw this flashbang over the wall and you'll be able to see the direction thier facing and exact location for the next 10 seconds. Why would they make a perk give you a mini blackbird? Recon is fine, but they need to cut down the time your shown on the map. I mostly play SnD and rush, so when i'm in the enemy spawn and get flashbanged by a recon baddie for 10 seconds and they know exactly where i am and facing is just stupid.Plus I cant see anything for like 3 or 4 seconds cause i guess when you equip recon you get nuke flashbangs.Point to make SnD good and make it more skillful and gun based. Remove portable radars, dumb down the recon time to like 3 seconds normal and 5 sec pro, reverse the sitrep patch back to the way it was. There that would make SnD peaceful again

Brian_Eyekon

just crouch around corners and you will be fine when you crouch your completely undetected.

I still rush in maps like Mission, Dome, or Hardhat because I know regardless if the other team can hear my footsteps.. I can get their first before they decide to post up. However in big maps like Interchange.. you're pretty muched f*cked if if the enemy plants the bomb on the opposing side.. running.. crouching does nothing.. just gives away your position, trust me.. I have Turtle Beach Delta's and I hear EVERYTHING.. I feel like a dirty **** and get called a dirty **** when it becomes obvious if I use Sitrep Pro.. it cheapens the quality of the game. It's like a Heartbeart/baby monitor via sound.

As far as Recon goes.. I play Hardcore.. doesn't work if you don't have a UAV in air.