19 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 6:12 AM by SmallFace RSS

Black Ops 2 Mod Tools For Zombies

BadassAlen

If you are an actual zombieslayer then you know what I'm talking about but for those that don't let me explain. For Call of Duty World at War, Treyarch released mod tools for zombies (PC) thus creating: custom zombie maps. Anyone can make their own zombie map some are ok but most are really beast and fun to play on. Maps are still being made to this day and they are only getting better. But imagine how much better these maps could be on Black Ops 2! If you have never seen a custom zombie map then i suggest you look up The Armory played by YOTESLAYA. That map is my favorite cause it has weapons from Black Ops, Home Front MW1, MW2, and maybe some more, So If they can do all that cool stuff in world at war zombie then it would be 100% better for custom maps on Black Ops 2. Treyarch will not lose money, they will actually gain a lot more, I used to be just a xbox player and knew about custom maps but never had a good PC to play on, but now that i do, I bought World at War for PC just for the custom maps. I already Pre-Ordered Black Ops 2 for Xbox but if Treyarch does relase mod tools then you can guarantee that i will buy it for PC for another $60 well spent.

• Re: Black Ops 2 Mod Tools For Zombies

I majorly doubt Treyarch is going to release mod tools for BO2. the first Black Ops was released two years ago and had its last dlc a year ago and they haven't released mod tools for that yet, which a lot of people on zombiemodding.com wants them to do

If they did happen to release mod tools I would certainly hope you would be able to dowdnload an play those maps on ps3/360 which is what I play on.

Well, by the looks of other posts, then its settled, we want our zombie tools. TREYARCH HEAR OUR CRY!

SubZeroPS3

They should add this into Elite where you could create the maps here and then transfer it to the game, much like the custom classes that you can change here and it will appear in-game.

I personally think that Treyarc will not release mod tools or if they did it will not be the map editor side to the mod tools, a bit like the current Black ops mod tools, you can create mods for multiplayer and zombies or singleplayer and with a big limit edit maps but not create them. I think if Tryarc did release the mod tools for PC so you could create custom zombie maps, single player or multiplayer mpas, they should charge you, something like £5 for the mod tools and use the ELITE system to import custom maps to you're PS3, XBOX 360, WII, WII-U and any other console out their.

I personally think that Treyarc will not release mod tools or if they did it will not be the map editor side to the mod tools, a bit like the current Black ops mod tools, you can create mods for multiplayer and zombies or singleplayer and with a big limit edit maps but not create them. I think if Tryarc did release the mod tools for PC so you could create custom zombie maps, single player or multiplayer mpas, they should charge you, something like £5 for the mod tools and use the ELITE system to import custom maps to you're PS3, XBOX 360, WII, WII-U and any other console out their.

• I personally think that Treyarc will not release mod tools or if they did it will not be the map editor side to the mod tools, a bit like the current Black ops mod tools, you can create mods for multiplayer and zombies or singleplayer and with a big limit edit maps but not create them. I think if Tryarc did release the mod tools for PC so you could create custom zombie maps, single player or multiplayer mpas, they should charge you, something like £5 for the mod tools and use the ELITE system to import custom maps to you're PS3, XBOX 360, WII, WII-U and any other console out their.
    J0WNZ33

I personally have never made a mod map or even played on PC. But why couldn't they just do it like Halo 4? They gave you another disc cause all the content couldn't fit onto one. Not sure if you guy ever played around on that forge, they have done alot of improving since Halo 3. But that would be an awesome feature. They have the default maps that you could put like extra stuff on the map, then they have like 2 or 3 blank maps with extra structures that you cant build on the default maps. But the modding maps tool thing is awesome, i have seen alot of maps and frankly im hella jealous. But Halo Forge on COD zombies for the console users. Anyone Agree?

RyoAuditore

Well, in my opinion, there was no point to release mod tools in Black Ops, because everything in that is already pretty much replicated for World at War, via UGX. BUT, there are plenty of things you could do with modding tools. It's logical to charge people to buy the ability to both buy AND build these maps. It will ALSO allow players to either fix or remove the Jet Gun.

SmallFace

RyoAuditore wrote:

Well, in my opinion, there was no point to release mod tools in Black Ops, because everything in that is already pretty much replicated for World at War, via UGX. BUT, there are plenty of things you could do with modding tools. It's logical to charge people to buy the ability to both buy AND build these maps. It will ALSO allow players to either fix or remove the Jet Gun.

Notice how that all happened after bo1 mod tools were released. they might not have given out bo radiant but most other things were. scripts for example.