6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 8:56 PM by Nikus RSS

IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH AND STILL NO AMAZING SPIDERMAN DLC!!!

Where is The Amazing Spiderman game DLC Beenox!!! The game has been out for over a month and still there is no DLC! I want to play in the classic red and blue costume and the only way to do that is by buying DLC...... But wait, there isn't any! You released a video confirming that there is going to be DLC but it is taking you guys FOREVER to release it!! Im sure A LOT of people want that classic suit and also to play as Stan Lee and me and plenty of other people are becoming anxious and frustrated!! HURRY UP BEENOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH AND STILL NO AMAZING SPIDERMAN DLC!!!

it's possible that beenox is holding off on DLC until the PC version is released, which is just a week away.

Maybe, but there are still no news about it. Seriously, I don't know if the dev realize how many people are waiting for this. Maybe they're just annoyed that guys like me keep asking about a release date. I know it sounds stupid but I've actually put the game on hold because I hate the new costume. It's stupid, I know, but I just can't stand it. There is someting about it that just doesn't seem right to me, I don't feel any Spidey vibe coming from this design. I've unlocked all the other costumes and I like the Scarlet Spider one (the comics is pretty cool), but I want to play the game with a classic Spidey suit that appeals to me.

It's just lame that it wasn't in the game for everyone. It's the 50th birthday of Spider-Man and all we get in this game is a stupid birthday hat ? What about the original costume for everyone to enjoy ? Huh ? Even if I had pre-ordered the game with a DLC code I'd still think it's stupid and lame. I'm okay to go with the classic Raimi costume, it's still better than nothing, but the real classic one in addition would have been perfect. It's not like it was difficult to put it in, I mean, all they have to do is change the colors of the Negative Zone suit and bingo. So, really... I know I'm just ranting, but I'm such a big Spider-nerd and games aren't cheap. It wasn't such a big bonus to add, there are already a fair amount of costumes to unlock. The least Beenox could do right now is either give us a definite release date or tell us that there's been a change of plan and the DLC are cancelled. Who will buy them three months after the game's release ?? It's not Halo or Street Fighter, and it doesn't have the popularity of Arkham City, the majority of people will just play the game a few days or weeks and never go back to it. Damn, I feel stupid to be upset about something like this, but it's been a while since I bought a game full price, and it just lacks a little feature to allow me to enjoy it to it's fullest... God, I even looked on ebay to see if someone was selling a code, what's the problem with me ??

Well, sorry for the ranting, I should have waited a few months before picking the game, like I usually do, but I was in a Spidey frenzy and couldn't wait longer.

PS: my english is a little rusty, sorry if there are some mistakes.

i feel your pain. alternate costumes are VERY important. when i play a spider-man game, peter parker isn't spidey, I'M spidey. the only way i can feel that way is if i'm in the right costume (classic red/blue). if i use any other costume, i feel like i'm just watching someone else swinging around new york, and that's not fun at all.

it was extremely disappointing to me and my brother that none of the revealed costumes were the classic red/blue or either of ben reilly's suits. to make things worse, crime stops completely after finishing the game. there's more to being spider-man than just cruising new york on the web-line express!

beenox has stated, somewhere, that after the game is released, they will be supporting it for the next couple of months. it has only been a little over a month since release, so there's still time for them to surprise us with more DLC. also the moderators here have relayed to beenox that we want more costumes and endless crime.

whether beenox will deliver or not, only time will tell.

TimFL274

You do realize they first have to ship the PC port, I wouldnt expect any DLC before the PC release (10. august).

PunyParker

A itty bitty uuestion....is the Viggilante costume DLC still avaliable in Europe(?)

Aaaaaand if you download this, you get the red-blue classic costume?

I don't know if the Vigilante costume is still available in Europe (it's a PS3 exclusive and I have the Xbox version) but what I know for sure is that it doesn't give you access to classic red and blue.

if i use any other costume, i feel like i'm just watching someone else swinging around new york, and that's not fun at all.

Exactly. I'd love a Ben Reilly costume as well, I think it's the only one beside the original that feels "right" with me. Yup, I'm one of the 20 persons in the world who liked the Clone Saga.

You do realize they first have to ship the PC port, I wouldnt expect any DLC before the PC release (10. august).

Of course. I had an urge to complain about this, and I won't push it. Now it's just wait and see, and I sure hope you're right.

Edit : I'M SUCH A MORON. I don't know how to put this... well, I had ordered the game from a UK online retailer (I live in France, and buying imported games is a little less expensive...well, 5€ cheaper in this case). And the game came with a code givin access to some basic minigames (a Space Invaders-like with robots and a Snake-like in wich you destroy cars). It really didn't interests me and I didn't bother to enter the code... until now. I tried both games for like two minutes (still not interested in it) and decided to go into the main game to roam through the city without advancing in the main story. I went to the apartment to change from the Scarlet Spider suit to the Black one and... the classic red and blue Raimi suit was there. I actually skipped one or two heartbeats. I double checked, putting on all the suits one after another, and it really was unlocked. At first I thought "omg, some Beenox guys read my whining on the forum and sent me the suit, omg omg"... but I guess ANY DLC unlocks the classic suit, even this little one that presents almost no interest (I've played enough Snake and Space Invaders when I was a kid, I don't know what it's doing here, but oh well, some people can still enjoy it). The thing is, the fact that this DLC unlocks the classic suits isn't stated anywhere. Not on the box-case nor on the paper with the code. It's only now that I've done some research regarding this DLC (honestly, I didn't even consider it as a real DLC, it seems to be a little exclusive bonus that some stores gave away), and it seems impossible to find a reliable source stating that the classic suit comes with it. I wouldn't have given it any credit since all the focus is on the Rhino and Stan Lee DLC. So, yeah, I whined for nothing. Well, I still thinks it shouldn’t have been a bonus and that not having the real original costume in a game that came out the year commemorating the 50th birthday of Spidey kinda sucks.
      Now, less typing, more playing. It's 5:30 am here, I was planning to get some sleep but now I'm too excited, I'm gonna swing, web zip and beat up guys and robots until I drop on the floor.

And again, sorry if I've made some grammatical mistakes. (oh, and of course you can make fun of me for this whole thing)
      See ya~

Message was edited by: Nikus