43 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 12:32 AM by Jus_call_me_J RSS

So i dashboarded lastight

codchamp

and got all sorts of nasty messages.But please let me explain and maybe you will understand and agree with me.

So here is what went down lastnight. Playing infected on lockdown. We had 1 survivor left. He had 2 friends of his blocking the doorway and another friend boosting with him in the room. For the people that play infected, they know exactly what i am talking about. This has become a common occurence on lockdown, bakaara, fallen and other maps where there is limited entry and non visible lines of sight into the room. People do this either to boost for a MOAB or just in general to be a jerk. About 50% of the time they will eventually give up if they are not boosting and just being the random idiot to make people wait and end the game.

During this game i knew i was host. I held this lobby down for a good 30 minutes or so before this match happened. It was a good game for me. I was 18-1 with the striker and having in general a good night before this. So when i do see these things happening, i will back out to the dash and pray that i am host just to give these twits a loss and hopefully ruin there chances to getting there prized MOAB.

Rant over, Please feel free to flame away.

• Re: So i dashboarded lastight
    cira

If people are cheating I see no reason to stay, I prob wouldn't dashboarded though but each to their own.

nicedrewishfela

Honestly, sounds like you did the world a favor. People abuse matches that are meant to be fun by doing stupid stuff like that, then brag about their K/Ds. In the future would like to see them take K/D stats out of fun community matches like that so people will actually just play the game.

Thunderstrike75

to me sounds just fair.when things like these happen i wish i knew i was the host just to let them acumulate a lot of kills and dash it in the last few seconds. see how they like it then...

Swaggin412

I don't play infected but I can see where you're coming from. If you dash board and end their game oh we'll, shouldn't have been boosting in the first place. I would of done the same thing,not going to boost while I'm in the lobby. Leave the game, avoid the person, report them and block communications.

supervelous

You were right to dash in that situation.  I used to do the same thing in Infected on Foundation before the pipe glitch was patched (you could get inside a pipe where you could shoot out but infected couldn't get you). 

As soon as saw someone was in the pipe I was gone. And I'm host a lot, I have 50/8 net.

opb81

The only thing i would have done different would have been to wait to see if the cheater got a moab once he called it then i would have dashboarded out during the countdown to really piss them off.

codchamp

NOOOO i did not want to do that. Even if i dash out and they call it in, It still gives them credit for the Moab, By dashing it will save all the stats for all the players in the room and not for the dashboarder. The only thing the other players dont get is the XP for the game and ofcourse a loss.

I feel bad for the players that are playing legit when this does happen, but what can you do? Maybe they need to add 1 grenade for infected after so many deaths in this mode to prevent this stuff from heppening.

codchamp

The messages i got were, Really! it is only infected and you have to be a scrubb to dash out of a infected game. My replies were simple, you have to be a scrubb to boost for a moab in infected.

I have a good W/L and i see no reason to take undesrved losses like this.This unfourtantley has not been the first time and it will not be the last.

tracy

Don't blame you for doing what you did, I think I would have probably done the same, so koudos to you for showing them who's boss

MaxKirgan

This is why I have never played infected. I see too much boosting on a regular basis. I just know I would definitely run into it on infected.

The other day we were playing Hardcore TDM on Outpost. We were trying to hold down one side of the map and so was the other team. We had two randoms on our team that kept running out and getting killed, over and over. They weren't even firing back, just running back to same spots over and over. Pretty soon they started trash talking us because we were'nt rushing the other team. At this point they were both 0 and 20 something.

One of them goes "You guys are going to be sorry when my boy gets his MOAB". Sure enough a minute later he dies yet again, laughs, and the enemy MOAB countdown starts. Without even saying anything I just back us out. I look at two random's friends lists and sure enough, the whole enemy team was on their. I can see little kids helping their freinds boost to get MOABS, but two (from the sounds of it) grown men? Pathetic.

I think the OP and a couple of others are missing the point here...

18 players in an Infected, 2 or 3 of them cheating and 15 or there abouts playing legit...

You dashboard knowing that you are host and you have ruined the game for 14 legit gamers...

If they want out of that game, then they can leave of their own accord...

If you want out of a game, then leave properly...

What was your score before you dashboarded btw?

codchamp

That game it was strikers. I had 18 kills and 1 death.

codchamp

Also just call me J. You are also missing a point as well. Even if i stayed, Everyone in the lobby was going to take a loss regardless excpet for the 1 guy that was boosting. All i did was end it early for everyone. BTW when i mean early i waited until the last 10 seconds to see if someone was going to get the guy. I was 18-1 afterall.

Ya no disrespect meant codchamp, but dashboarding is no better than boosting...

You are trying to justify what you did wrong, but there is no justification...

If you are the host and you dashboarded, then you basically manipulated everyone's stats...

Next time put the game in your vault and report them for Boosting...

If you can't be bothered to do that, then at least put the game in your vault and message me. I'll take care of the rest for you...

All of the cheaters involved would have gotten a 48 hour ban and a complete stat reset if you'd have done things properly...

I have booster videos saved in my vault...through a PM you said I could 'friend' you and you would view and address.....but you deleted my friend request and nothing happened.  I think in this case, dashboarding makes the most sense since you can't count on these people being banned even when you try and do it 'the right way'.Do you remember my friend request??? Seoulbrother99

Seoulbrother wrote:

I have booster videos saved in my vault...through a PM you said I could 'friend' you and you would view and address.....but you deleted my friend request and nothing happened.  I think in this case, dashboarding makes the most sense since you can't count on these people being banned even when you try and do it 'the right way'.Do you remember my friend request??? Seoulbrother99

Sorry man, I get 10 or more FRs a day usually just wannabe clan mates so I just delete the ones without a message attached...

I will FR you right now and grab those outta your vault for you...

Which slots in your vault are the vids in please?

allyn75

exactly. easier ways to do things. hitting start/leave game does the same thing. It's not up to you to be the internet hero to stop the boosting that they will just repeat in the next game. sounds to me like you were mad that you were 18-1 and couldn't get a win so you dashboarded. The above suggestions here by jus are 100% dead on.

KTPhoenix

J, normally i agree with you, but what you said was bullsh*t. So you are saying that he should have stayed in and let those people reap the reward of their cheating because it would not be fair to them if he dashed it? That makes no sense at all. That match started to be unfair when those guys started boosting. I see that as a fair trade. You dont care about playing the game the right way? Well i dont care about your moab. Its that simple.

I completely agree with the op, he did the right thing.

KTPhoenix

Sorry, i meant "it wouldnt be fair to the other players?"

I cant edit my post cuz i am on my phone

KTPhoenix wrote:

J, normally i agree with you, but what you said was bullsh*t. So you are saying that he should have stayed in and let those people reap the reward of their cheating because it would not be fair to them if he dashed it?

No he should have put the game in his vault and had them all banned and reset...

Not really reaping the rewards is it?

that6uy420

he said something like 18-1

No reason to disbelieve that score, but dashboarding manipulates his W/L and also lets the Boostiers off without a ban...

codchamp

yes dashing manipulates the W/L But so does getting losses that were not justified. I play with a full team on a nightly basis. I only play infection when i am solo. I have over 5300 wins and a 10.00+ W/L. I count my losses on 1 hand on a weekly if not monthly basis. So i could just sit back and take another BS loss, Same thing as when i get Dashed on from people that are getting beat hard by me. But i am not going to take losses from boosters or players doing unfair things in a game to better themselves.....Yes we are talking about 1 game, But this was just 1 game out of 20 or more that i have had this happen in just the last month or so.

I thought there was more to this then you initially let on...

Sounds like you are a bit of a beast, and your stats are precious to you...

If I'm honest, I can see and empathise with you for not wanting another bullshite loss...

For you, I guess it was the lesser of 2 evils, but for me I'd like to have seen you get Booster justice and ban those scrubs...

I didn't mean to offend you with my first response either mate, I just hate host dashboarding...

I've had it happen to me too many times...

codchamp

it is cool dude. no offense taken. I guess i am a tryhard and do value my W/L. My K/D sucks so that is all that i got . But i dont bother reporting people. If i did, i would never have time to play the game. There is always someone boosting in infection games. I never see it in regualr lobbies because i am always with a full team

puertoricanguy9

tac inserts should be taken off of infected and ffa

codchamp

it is not that i dont want to report them. But like i said i see it way to much and it would take up a lot of time going thru the steps everynight. 98% of the time if i know someone is boosting and they are in a reachable place, then i will either try to kill them. Or i will kill myself and go after them that way. I really dont mind going negative 20 if it means to ruin someones little boosting match.

why not dashboard in a game mode designed for boosting?

To me dashboarding a game where there are 2 or 3 people boosting is a wasted opportunity to get rid of some boosters...

Imagine a playing field without boosters in it. Well the only way we can all have a playing field like that is if we all do our bit and report them...

You do have to trade off a LOSS sometimes to get justice done, but in the scheme of things where we are all given losses regularly when we play solo or in a small group, for joining games in progress, it really is worth taking a loss...

Personally I will gladly trade a loss for 2 booster scalps...

Dashboarding > Boosting

One of the very few reasons to dashboard.

nuttin2say

Yeah, at one time I advocated a change to the scoring system so that regardless of the reason you leave a lobby during a match, you're credited a loss.

Well, on no uncertain terms, IW said they will never change the current system. If you back out, you score a loss. If you dashboard out, you score neither a loss nor a win.

So there is nothing at all that violates the rules when dashboarding. The OP did the best thing possible - saved the non-boosters an unfair loss while denying the boosters a boost in stats.

Jay, you don't have to have the evidence in theater. You can go to Elite and get the proof you need someone was boosting. Using the heatmaps, you can see where a player was every time he scored a kill and you can see the location of everyone one of his kills ...

... even if you dashboard out of a game.

electricfuneralfire

codchamp!!!!!! I will never think of you the same again!!!!

jhonnydizznill

I love it you screwed them like they were trying to screw you. Thumbs up.

electricfuneralfire

Yeah I was totally joking. I just think its funny he had a guilty conscious about dashboarding against cheaters lol.

Dashboarding cost those cheaters nothing at all...

They will carry on today, tomorrow, and indefinitely ruining legit players games until somebody a little more public spirited takes the loss, the time, and makes the effort to report them...

THAT my friend is the best way to hurt a cheater...

They are in a game with me boosting 30 or 40 or 50 kills and putting up streaks against my team?

Guess what? I am going to take that loss and then take their 50,000 kills, their Challenges, their flashy Gold Skull Titles, their guns, attachments, proficiencies, their KDR, their WLR, their Gold Camo, their Bragging Rights...

EVERYTHING, that's what I'll be taking from them...

I'll take 1 loss and take EVERYTHING they've got...

I would urge everyone that reads this to do the same. It really is quite a good feeling when you check a cheaters Elite page and see you have stripped them of EVERYTHING they cheated for...

codchamp

@ Jay. I got your private message today form over the weekend. i dont have the names of who it was.I have so many games under my belt since then, it will take a very long time to find it on elite.

But on another note i came across many boosters yesterday in infection. i took my undeserved losses like a man. It is not just the boosters that piss me off, but just the infection game in general.I took a loss to a booster becasuse time ran out. and what do i mean by this?

Example:

Guys boosting in arkaden. Game starts with 5 minutes on the clock. First 2 minutes gets the guy 24 kills and a moab. Then the boosters decide to join the game for real with about 2 minutes left. Within this time you may die and with less than 1 minute left it becomes awfully hard to kill the last remaining 8 or so. You get my point. If there were no boosters and we had the normal time then all 18 would have been infected and not some.

codchamp wrote:

@ Jay. I got your private message today form over the weekend. i dont have the names of who it was.I have so many games under my belt since then, it will take a very long time to find it on elite.

But on another note i came across many boosters yesterday in infection. i took my undeserved losses like a man. It is not just the boosters that piss me off, but just the infection game in general.I took a loss to a booster becasuse time ran out. and what do i mean by this?

Example:

Guys boosting in arkaden. Game starts with 5 minutes on the clock. First 2 minutes gets the guy 24 kills and a moab. Then the boosters decide to join the game for real with about 2 minutes left. Within this time you may die and with less than 1 minute left it becomes awfully hard to kill the last remaining 8 or so. You get my point. If there were no boosters and we had the normal time then all 18 would have been infected and not some.

Hey man, I'm not saying that it is fair or fun taking an undeserved loss because of cheaters...

I'm with you on that completely...

That's why I campaign for everybody to take the time to report them...

I will say though that Infected is basically a FREE WIN 90% or more of the time...

It's the one game type where you can start the game, get as many gun kills as you can until you get Infected, Hide somewhere and then put your controller down and get a WIN...

So taking the occasional loss is a good trade for all those free wins I reckon...

jwaller123

I would have done the same thing.

I know Just_call_me_J has said to  report them which is a good thing to do, but I have reported people directly to IWenforcers on twitter as well as another forum member (Don't recall his name) as well as bancandy AND banstache and said booster are STILL playing and have NOT been banned as of yet. This has been at least three or so months. I don't bother any more with reporting them. I just leave and keep playing.

If people who are supposed to ban players are not banning players then what is the point in reporting them.

I have another clip from an infected game (from my son's vault) of two players waiting to kill each other just so they could have the final killcam. I have yet to report them for two reasons. One...it has not shown up on youtube yet...and two...due to the reason I stated above.