26 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 10:24 AM by rrclimber RSS

Quick-Scopers can be reported.

Swaggin412

If there's one thing I hate about COD its Quick Scoping, personally I think it's a cheap exploit; Some will agree and others won't. recently I started a chat session with customer support and I asked if I could report Quick Scopers for exploiting the aiming system. Their response was Yes I can report them and then asked me for players gamer tags. I'm sure some of you won't believe me, I asked if they could e mail me our chat session and they said no. The gentleman I spoke with was Jason F; if you're interested in finding out for yourself start a chat session with them, you should get the same answer.

• Re: Quick-Scopers can reported.

You can report anyone, whether or not something is done is a different story. Its like reporting spawn trappers.

• Re: Quick-Scopers can be reported.
    starbuckfrack

So you chatted with WHO ? Microsoft ? Activision ?

and you couldnt copy and paste the caht so you could paste it here ? How do we even know how your questions and his answers were responded to properly. Maybe you didnt ask the right question ? Maybe you worded it inproperly ? How can we tell that what you say was even taken the right way ?

Well I can tell you this . you cannot report them to Microsoft without risking future violations yourself for false reporting. And I could tell you that I honestly doubt that you called MS because they wouldnt do reporting over the phone. The policy for MS is to report them on the console. As well as MS will also tell you that they dont handle game specific issues for newer games like this since support is done thru the IW PETs.

As for the Activision side of it even though people dont like it, like me, it is STILL part of the gaming code to allow faster ADS. Just like in Black Ops Treyarch decided to disable the ADS code for sniper rifles. IW decided to leave it in the game.

as for reporting them I could say ALL your reports are going to come back as false. They arent going to spend an hour playing some guy just waitint for him to quickscoper, nor are they going to spend an hour watching his gameclips to see him quickscope. BOTH MS and IW also rely on game data or profile data to start a report. Without a specific database of how many times they Quickscoped in the Elite data they cant do nothing.

I will also tell you this. I bet 10 to 1 that you are now posting a violation due to posting repetitive topics. We will see on that.

And I wish I knew BanCandy face to face I would love to hear her laugh when this report comes across her desk. Or one of the others.

without the wording of your chat you have just a bunch of hearsay.

BTW ...

Just shows that activisions custom support is full with idiots that will say anything to please you. Well done on wasting money calling them and then wasting time reporting people. Would be hilarious of them to ban people for using their intended game mechanisms.

starbuckfrack

SnipinDB wrote:

Just shows that activisions custom support is full with idiots that will say anything to please you. Well done on wasting money calling them and then wasting time reporting people. Would be hilarious of them to ban people for using their intended game mechanisms.

Try chatting with official  "Level 0" MS CS reps. They will tell you to report them on the MS ban forums, which THEN gets you a nasty letter from the PETs that say "you are not allowed to post that"

Or the Acti CS reps that say "Call of Duty ?? What is that a game or something ?

You "Yeah its been around for 8 years"

Rep "Oh YEAH !! I love that game, especially when you kill the dragon !"

Those people are ones who read a script on the computer in from of them and when the answer doesnt come up they say "My computers network is going slow today.. Can I put you on hold ?... PSST, Billy what is quickscoping ? ... Thank you for holding.. Uhhh Yeah Sure I can definitely help you with your problem of players ScopeQuicking. we are sorry you have to deal with them."

next you will be able to report and ban someone for drop-shotting.. shaking my head that you even bothered to bring up the question. You mad bro?

codchamp

LOL. I hate quick scopers. But just LOL....You are not going to get banned for QS'n. Next thing you know i will be reported for being beastly with the Type 95

Swaggin412

I spoke with acti cs. I could honestly careless if nobody believes me or doesn't like what I have to say. Anybody can copy and paste a convo and change what was said. Ask them yourself, I know what was said and how it was said and so does the person I talked to. I'll just keep continuing to report QSers.

starbuckfrack

Swaggin412 wrote:

I spoke with acti cs. I could honestly careless if nobody believes me or doesn't like what I have to say. Anybody can copy and paste a convo and change what was said. Ask them yourself, I know what was said and how it was said and so does the person I talked to. I'll just keep continuing to report QSers.

Actually I also chatted with them since I was bored.

Now you think that copying and pasting can be changed to create a lie , well so can misinterpretation. As well as just an outhright flat out lie.

We are actually not saying you are lying but in hearsay cases everything is all opinion and not fact. In court for example someones version of the turht is STILL opinion, but a tape recording with be pure solid fact.

Copying and pasting can help people get their OWN feelings towards the correct details that were posted. Did you ever hear of that game in school called telephone line ?

At LEAST if you copied and pasted then someone would have more faith in what you put here because then you can be QUOTING what they said.

Now to MY chat. The smileys showed up when pasting here. any other characters, etc were removed. He didnt seem very happy to be working on a Saturday (or Sunday depending where he was

Me : They have a terms in MW3 called QuickScoping where players aim halfway down the sights and pull the trigger. Are you familiar with this ?

Rick J: Actually, yes. I play COD myself and have for about 6 years.

Me: Thanks , that makes it easier Now does the Policy Enforcement Team consider that an exploit in the game ?

Rick J: I would not have any knowledge if it was or was not an exploit. That would be either an Enforcement Team issue or a Game Developer issue.

Me: So would reporting them be considered a violation of abuse reporting or would it be OK to report them.

Rick J: As I mentioned before that would be either an Enforcement Team issue or a Game Developer issue. We do not handle policy violations. All policy violations can be read and handled on our forums , our website as well as in the game menus

Me: So you hate them too

Rick J: I cannot offer my opinions here in chat, just the facts.

Me: But exploiting the game would be considered a IW violation, correct ?

Rick J: Yes, exploiting online in all our games is considered a violation of policy and exploiting will be enforced.

Me: What you are saying is that you cannot put a connection toward exploits and QuickScoping.

Rick J: Again since I do not determine policies directly I could not answer that. But we encourage all players to report violations. I will ask this once to not to twist words in this chat. Regardless of how you ask you will get the same answer.

Me: Sorry I wasnt twisting words. I was trying to just find out if Quickscoping was a reportable offense. Not in anyway trying to get you to admit it was a violation or not for QuickScoping.

Rick J: Fair Enough. What else can I help you with today ?

Me: Can you hold for just a second ?

Rick: No problem.

Me: That was it , thank you for all of your time.

------------------------------

There you go. copied and pasted. Good thing I got a few days off so far

You could always try it again and see what the NEXT representative says.

jb95105

Probally the dumbest troll thread ever. I hate qsing but trust me, you wont be banned for it.

starbuckfrack

Now for some truth...

That last post with "chat" I made up. Just showing how clever someone COULD lie. Only reason I did it was to prove a point.

Anyone could lie even with good "proof" or something as simple as hearsay.

Now for one thing Activision as I recall doesnt HAVE a support chat section. The only way I remember to "chat" is you have to send in a email to their support department thru here....

http://www.activision.com/atvihub/contactus.do?site=en_US

You will notice there is NO chat section and at its closest leads you to here again...

https://support.activision.com/

So on that point it just goes round and round.

--------------------------------------------------------

The OP also has some contradictions.

ONE The OP says THIS "recently I started a chat session with customer support ....... I'm sure some of you won't believe me, I asked if they could e mail me our chat session and they said no."

TWO he says this ... "I spoke with acti cs."

So we ALSO got contradiction in two posts. See how things can be considered hearsay ??

So OP. WHERE is that chat link ? Or are you so mad at QSers that you want to make up stories to scare them ???

"I will report Quickscopers" type threads have been around for years and so far NONE have gotten banned for QSing.

Activision does have a support chat. I've used it several times and to be honest the first few times searching for it I couldn't find it, but it's easy to find for me now that it shows up on my screen just like the second link you posted. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up for you though I'm signed in for support.

Here's what happened. The OP made it sound like they were using AUTO-AIM which would be classified as aimbots, which is cheating. Autoaim is not in CoD. Aim assist is.

To say that quickscopers can be reported is ludicrous. Is no one supposed to use snipers then? What if you are traditionally sniping and someone pops up and you scope in and kill them quickly, are you now a cheater? Is it illegal to use quickdraw with sniper rifles?

There's a whole host of problems with your hypothesis.

vims1990

As much as I despise quickscoping, it's not a reportable exploit.

Hell, even one of the devs on the forums advised that MW3's quickscoping was intentionally made, not an exploit.

opb81

You can report anyone via the ingame report system however that does not mean it is automatically going to get someone banned. Quickscoping was built into the game and for as stupid as it is it is not banable

starbuckfrack

didnt want to make a post of this and wanted to follow the humor in this thread present.

Here is what MW3 and Blops2 needs in game as well as the forum.

If you have a Kynect you then get a scan of yourself for height , weight, etc.

THEN it makes a player that persons height , weight, etc and makes an avatar of it. for security the face and stuff witll still be developer used faces.

Then they need to have the Avatar on the forum so we know who is posting.

And the put them in the game so we know who to kill first

@OP This is the dumbest thing I've read in a while ! Well Done !

But I need to make a Montague.

Need to beat the Capulets and make the best Montague ever.

Better to have gone for clips and died than to have never gone for clips at all.

You are a noob if you complain how you die. You gonna report someone for shooting you with an ACR next. You don't deserve to play if you cry. There is a new game mode for you crybabies called "My Little Pink Pony Mode". The more you cry the more your pony craps on your mom.

Izjar11

Dude why waste your time, calling, speaking to customer support to report a QS? Do you have nothing better to do with yourself?

Besides the point, QS was permitted by the creators of the game! Its not an exploint its been added in.

Geez some people take this game way to personal.

CowboySr

As much as I hate Dying from Qsing, they put it in the game on purpose. How thick are you?

i agree, while quickscoping is the cheapest, most irritating way to get killed, and i agree its an exploit of the aiming system, no one will get banned for it.  they purposely put QS'ing in the game.  unfortunately.

GONExFISHING

QS is no different then useing eny other gun and shooting while u start to pull the gun up to aim. I am not a Quick Scooper howefer i do fire my AK as im starting to aim sometimes i get the kill before I get the gun up other times I still have to aim. Its part of the game get over it.

it totally different man for 1 you don't get a 1 shot kill wit ur ak. if you have ever watched a qs vid you would see that these guys just spin around and pop off shots that never miss. they dont look down the sight they start to and then pull the trigger. in doing this they dont even have to aim. if there is anyone remotely in the cross hairs they get killed. its bs that you can exploit a one shot kill weapon in this way

rrclimber

I have been playing COD for years and I just started trying to do some QS and drag scoping just to try it out. If you don't think that there is skill involved in doing this then my advice is to try it. It takes a ton of practice and very percise aim.

It certainly takes a lot more skill then running around with the way over powered shotguns. Those things have become the new noob tube. All we need now is barrell rolls and we will be playing gears of war.