13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2012 11:01 AM by SnipinDB RSS

HOW TO BEAT THE LAGG COMP

there is a way to get around lagg comp but its kinda complicated. and also depends on ur router. if u have a netgear as i do then you will want to do the 192.168.blah.blah to get to its setup screen. choose advanced tab at the top left and then go to setup on the left, then qos setup. in qos menue u wanna set the uplink bandwidth max to 356-500 kbps and enable bandwidth controll and internet access qos. what this will do is effectivly nerf your connection. assuming u already have your ports forwarded this should improve ur gaming experience. also it will stop u frm being made host. hope this helps y'all. it helped me

• Re: HOW TO BEAT THE LAGG COMP
    rlbl

You have not beaten lag compensation... all you have done is reduced the chanes of you hosting.

Big difference.

no ur wrong i have beaten it as every game i used to have was negative by a long way with 100mbs downstream and 20+mbs upstream. conversley now i test my speed and have 10-13 mbs down and 500 kbs up and every game i have is 2-1 positive.

dont talk about what you don't know pal!

rlbl

No offense, but no... Maybe you are misusing the term Lag Comp (or do not fully understand what it is).

Don't worry, most of the people interchange "lag" and "lag compensation" and have no idea they do not mean the same thing.

you really are an ignorant person. you want to troll my posts trying to patronise me without having a clue what u are talking about. you really think i don't know the difference mate? i do not experience lag as my connection is fibre optic. if you actually read my posts you would have seen that. what i am dealing with is lag comp and i will post an interesting article about this in one sec i just have a problem with people like you trying to look smart and putting everyone else off of an idea which can and does work (speaking from experience) just to try nd make yourself look good. why don't you google things before you comment about them like your an authority? anyway here's the article. maybe you can do some reading instead of talking. but your probably one of those people with a shitty connection and so wouldn't understand the subtleties of lag comp issues.

http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/off-topic/67886-mw3-lag-compensation-issue.html

rlbl

*sigh*

That is not an article. That is just someone with an opinion posting something on the net.

I guess I held my hopes too high when I thought I might learn something new.

Who is ignorant?

maccabi

bzzzkilla wrote:

no ur wrong i have beaten it as every game i used to have was negative by a long way with 100mbs downstream and 20+mbs upstream. conversley now i test my speed and have 10-13 mbs down and 500 kbs up and every game i have is 2-1 positive.

dont talk about what you don't know pal!

well I DO know what i'm talking about , and what everyone else has told you is true you have'nt beaten lag comp you just stopped yourself being host which everyone knows gives players issues. especially if they have a crappy isp/setup to start with.

zvers

Just camp that game if it's really that bad. It will change host the next game and you may be on the good side of it then. Simple as that.

doesn't work that way mate, i have been host 10 games in a row before and its not just hosting its having a good connection. the game dumps lagg on you to compensate for the other players who have crappy connections. since making these changes all of my games are 2-1 or better on the positive side and i don't have frame skipping and hit detection issues the way i used to

KingM16

Simple way to beat this games lag comp: play something that runs properly programmed by programmers that know how to programme

Izjar11

this will do is effectivly nerf your connection

This is you reducing your connectivity. You did not "beat" lag comp.

HEREIAMNOW

The only way to beat lag comp -

-Dont be host* 

and most importantly (VERY IMPORTANT)

-Play in a full party, with people living in a close proximity of you (like same city).  I promise your KD will go up by a full 1.0 if you do this consistently.

If you cannot do this, just hopefully you get lucky, as matchmaking is horrible in this game.

Just play that game and try to enjoy it, until the next horrible series comes out.

SnipinDB

Routers work differently though and many don't have advanced QOS options. Too many people are messing with their settings and connection quality all kinds of ways.

Avoiding hosting with QOS helps but the game still has issues on a 4 bar ping especially if they pick a stupid host & with random matchmaking. They compensate the ping levels of people in the lobby and plenty of laggers still run freely on God mode, ruining the game and killing us that do play locally in big game modes, which should be a Must in 2012 in big game modes. When gaming online doesn't have a standard, mw3 happens. It's BS and has ruined this twitch shooter, as for many it's completely unplayable, while the game is in its prime, which makes their compensation system even more retarded. They have forced people to mess with their settings, they have limited the amount of quality hosts online. Most of it is IWs fault. They can't blame people for messing with their settings / connection quality when they installed such nonsense. It's no surprise really, these people approved of Dead man's hand and were only willing to reduce the radiation 7, 8 months later. Baby steps.

Stupid game, I can't stand it and just don't play it anymore. Still waiting for that magical hosting patch, but most likely I will trade mw3 & the hacked mw2 for blopsII in November, if blopsII gets good hosting and matchmaking feedback on the forums.