15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2012 8:43 AM by banned-again RSS

48 kills and 9 caps

banned-again

just finished a game of groundwar dom on overwatch i finished the game with 48 kills ( 20 kills more than anyone one else in the game ), 9 caps and 7 defends and still lost by nearly 50 points.

how the hell did i get beat does anyone else have games like this

• Re: 48 kills and 9 caps

Certainly do!! its a long game play but the highlights are 40  odd kills, final score of 7040 but still lose the game due to cheap scopers on my team.

I think my score was around 4500 more than second place

and its with the AA12! apart from when i have to switch out to an air support class to take choppers out

supervelous

Only every day.  I have gotten MOABs with 6 or 7 caps, 10 defends, and lost the game...where I scored twice as much as anyone on either team, and we lost.

You can usually tell this will happen in the first 2 minutes of the game, as you lie there by yourself on the B flag then die right when it's about to be capped, but where it would already have been capped if 1 more person would have been there.

I always play solo.

StubbornLeech07x

supervelous wrote:

You can usually tell this will happen in the first 2 minutes of the game, as you lie there by yourself on the B flag then die right when it's about to be capped, but where it would already have been capped if 1 more person would have been there.

I always play solo.

It doesn't even take 2 minutes, I can tell in the first few seconds of the game.  Every game of Dom. right after it starts I head for B flag, I cannot count how many time that I end up running there solo and end up dying right before the cap like you stated.  When that happens I know it is going to be a long game, on the other hand if people follow me to B Flag right at the start then I know it will be a good game.

Yes it's called playing with randoms.

codchamp

Played a game of sabotage a couple of months ago. Went 85-3 and we forgot to plant the bomb...Went into overtime and loss to a guy with a really good stealth bomber. I guess that is what you get for being a kill whore in sabo.

I usually play solo and mostly TDM, so yeah, I'm used to losing even while having a good game. But, it's all good. Can't control how random people play.

WKMMS

yep... had one like that on Lockdown that was really bad - 42 kills (no killstreaks) 7 caps, 10 defends and using the L118A and we still lost... only by 16 points, but when you've got 2000 more points and at least 15 kills more than anyone else in the game you really have to wonder what the heck the rest of your team are doing

Craigz0121

Yes!

I had a game just like this on bakaara, I went 45 - 8, 6 caps 23 defends

Everyone else went 20 - 30, we lost by 60 points

zingaa

curious about something, how is it you know how many caps and defends you have?? Are you checking your leaderboard before every game?? You taking a mental note?? To remember how many you have and state them in thread accurately seems like a bit much to me.

dibbul

Now that's what I call a beast performance. Getting over 35 kills and a decent amount of flag caps shows you are actually a good player at this game. Not like people that camp for streaks and end up with 50 kills.

I find I cap a lot more when our team are losing, as there are more flags available to cap. When we are winning, I tend to defend more and cap less.

As others have said, though, what the hell must your team have been doing?